John Phillip Stamos
Cypress, California, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
John Stamos went to the John F. Kennedy High School.
After graduating from the high school, he had planned to get admission at the Cypress College. However, he decided to skip college to focus on his acting career.
Actor, film producer, instrumentalist, singer
- Father – William “Bill” Stamos (Restaurant Owner)
- Mother – Loretta Stamos
- Siblings – Alana Stamos (Younger Sister), Janeen Stamos (Younger Sister)
- Others – John B. Stamatopoulos (Paternal Grandfather), Adeline/Lena T. Psaras (Paternal Grandmother), Jake Phillips (Maternal Grandfather), Eloise Florence Ridgley (Maternal Grandmother)
John Stamos is represented by Beverly Hills based Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Vocals, guitar, percussion
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Stamos has dated –
- Lori Loughlin – John Stamos went out with actress Lori Loughlin when they were in their late teens, which means, well before they achieved fame as actors. They had gone on a date to Disneyland. He would later call Lori as the one that got away in his interview. They obviously later co-starred in Full House and its sequel Fuller House.
- Natasha Henstridge – According to reports, Stamos had a short-lived affair with actress Natasha Henstridge in the past.
- Sky Valencia – John Stamos has had a fling with model and part-time actress, Sky Valencia. Their fling was confirmed by Valencia herself who, as a proof of their courtship, went on to describe the size of his manhood and also claimed he had a fuzzy butt.
- Demi Moore – Stamos had an affair with iconic actress Demi Moore in the early eighties. They had grown close during her stint on his TV show, General Hospital and some reports even claimed that they had s*x on the sets of the show.
- Julie Ronnie (1983) – In the summer of 1983, Stamos was rumored to be going out with Julie Ronnie. They were spotted arriving at the trendy nightclub in Los Angeles in May 1983.
- Emma Samms (1983-1984) – Stamos dated another of his General Hospital co-stars, Emma Samms. As expected, they had fallen for each other while shooting for the show. They attended a number of public events together as a couple in 1983. Their appearance at the Grammy Awards in February 1984 turned out to be their last public outing.
- Teri Copley (1984-1985) – Stamos was rumored to be dating model and actress Teri Copley towards the end of 1984. They went out for a little over a year before deciding to mutually go separate ways.
- Vanity (1985) – John was in a relationship with actress and model Vanity in 1985. They had grown quite fond of each other while shooting on the sets of the movie, Never Too Young To Die, in which they were cast in the romantic lead roles.
- Chelsea Noble – Towards the end of the eighties, Stamos was reported to be going out with actress Chelsea Noble. They had grown close during her guest appearance on his popular TV show, Full House.
- Marlee Matlin – In the last years of the eighties, John was linked with actress and activist Marlee Matlin after they were pictured out and about in a series of high profile events.
- Paula Abdul – At the start of the nineties, John dated singer Paula Abdul. Their relationship generated quite a buzz in media as Paula was at the height of her pop star fame and John had become a huge star, thanks to the popularity of his TV show, Full House. However, it seemed that the media glare took its toll as they couldn’t sustain their relationship in the long run.
- Julie Anderson (1991-1994) – Stamos started going out with model Julie Anderson in 1991. They dated for about three years before reaching an amicable end. In her later interview, she would claim that her relationship with Stamos altered her destiny.
- Ingrid Sthare – Stamos was rumored to be dating actress Ingrid Sthare in the mid-nineties. It has been claimed that their affair lasted for little over a year.
- Rebecca Romijn (1994-2005) – John officially started dating model Rebecca Romijn in 1994. They had first met at Victoria’s Secret fashion show where she walked the runway. After dating for nearly 3 years, they got engaged on the Christmas’s eve in 1997. A year later, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony held at the Beverly Hills Hotel. In April 2004, they revealed in a statement that they were ending their marriage. They officially got divorced in March 2005 and she got back to using her maiden name after having adopted his surname during their marriage.
- Denise Richards (1980s, 2006) – John Stamos reportedly had an affair with actress Denise Richards in 2006 before dating in 1980s (when she was a teenager). However, their affair didn’t last beyond a couple of months. In her appearance on Howard Stern’s show, she revealed that her messy divorce and the fact that she had kids made it difficult for them to continue dating.
- Emma Heming (2007-2008) – Towards the last months of 2007, Stamos began his relationship with model Emma Heming. He even took her along as his date to his friend Howard Stern’s marriage with model and television host Beth Ostrosky.
- Leah Marsh (2007-2010) – The start of John’s relationship with fitness instructor Leah Marsh, who owned a couple of fitness studios in Santa Monica, is sourced to be 2007. However, there are some sources that claim that they started some time later. John kept his relationship with Marsh low key and they rarely made red carpet appearances. In November 2010, they were reportedly all geared up to get married. However, they went separate ways by the end of the year.
- Renee Zellweger (2011) – John was reported to be going out with actress Renee Zellweger in 2011. The source of these relationship rumors was their Disneyland date, during which they were pictured getting cozy and having a great time together.
- Amy Poehler (2013) – John Stamos went out on a single date with actress Amy Poehler in 2013. They had met while working on the sets of the movie, They Came Together (2014).
- Caitlin McHugh (2016-Present) – John Stamos started going out with actress Caitlin McHugh in 2016. Over the coming days, they made a conscious effort to keep their relationship away from the spotlight to give it a better chance to survive in the long run. And, it certainly helped as they got engaged in October 2017. To announce their engagement, Stamos posted a lovely cartoon picture on his Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Greek, Ashkenazi Jewish, German, English, and Irish ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Broad Smile
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
John Stamos has appeared in these TV commercials –
- Pantene hair care products
- 10-10-987 (long-distance service)
- Propel Fitness Water
- Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Jesse Katsopolis in the ABC drama sitcom, Full House. He reprised the same role in the sequel series Fuller House, which was broadcasted on Netflix.
- Having portrayed the important role of Dr. Tony Gates in the medical drama TV series, ER.
As a Singer
In 1994, he released an independent album, Shades of Blue, in collaboration with Lanny Cordola, Gary Griffin, Tony Guerrero, Sandra Stephens, and David Enos.
He has also occasionally performed at the live events with the rock-pop band, The Beach Boys.
In 1986, John made his theatrical film debut in the leading role in Never Too Young to Die.
First TV Show
In 1982, John Stamos made his first TV show appearance in the role of Blackie Parrish in the medical drama series, General Hospital. For his performance in the show, he won Daytime Emmy Award nomination.
John Stamos has given up on lifting heavy weights in his bid to get a lean body and as a means to calibrate his fitness regime with his advancing age. He has turned to Pilates, which has helped him strengthen his core and look leaner. He usually goes for Pilates for 3 days a week and spends a lot of time on Reformer and other machines. He follows it up with floor work and lots of stretching.
John has also included swimming in his workout regime and swims laps three days a week.
To retain his upper body strength and muscle tone, he relies on long sets of pushups and pull-ups.
For his cardio workouts, he runs up and down the hill.
For his mental health, he has started leaning towards transcendental meditation, which he performs daily in a 20 minutes session.
Regarding diet, he relies on Greek Yogurt, which he also claims is the secret of his eternally youthful appearance. He usually loves to have it for his breakfast and we have no doubt, he doesn’t mind having it during any other part of the day.
John Stamos Favorite Things
- Los Angeles Outdoor Spot – TreePeople hiking trails
- Gadget – iPhone
- Clothing Designer – Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, and Prada
- DVR Show – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Ideal Vacation Destination – Santorini, Greece
- Hotel – The Montage Laguna Beach
- Website – The Huffington Post
- Preferred LA Neighborhood – Laurel Canyon
- Los Angeles Dinner Restaurant – Taverna Tony in Malibu
- Los Angeles Shop – Fred Segal
- Sports Team – Los Angeles Angels
Source – Los Angeles Confidential
John Stamos Facts
- In 1990, the iconic People magazine included him in the list featuring 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- He was under consideration to play the role of Cyclops in the 2000 release movie, X-Men. However, the role eventually went to James Marsden.
- He left his popular TV show Full House in 1995 after having worked in 8 seasons because he wasn’t happy with the show’s plan to shift from ABC to WB network.
- In his younger days, he used to work at his father’s restaurants. In his teens, he worked at flipping burgers at the fast food joint in Orange County, California.
- When he was 15 years old, he attended his first Beach Boys concert and became a huge fan of the band. Later in 1985, he got to fulfill his dream to play with The Beach Boys and has been performing with them ever since at concerts.
- Just three weeks after having decided to skip college education to focus on his acting career, he managed to grab his breakthrough role in General Hospital.
- At the age of 4, he started taking drum playing lessons. He later learned to play guitar as well and eventually formed his band called “Destiny”. They often used to play at parties and amusement parks.
- While studying in high school, he used to play drums in his school’s marching band.
- In 2010, a woman named Allison Cross tried to blackmail him for $680,000 by threatening to release pictures of the fling dating back to 2004 in Orlando. She had alleged that he had a fling with her and had invited strippers to their room and had also done cocaine in the room.
- Stamos had claimed that he had invited Cross and her friend along with other people to hang out in his hotel room. The FBI got involved and Cross and her friend were handed 48 months prison sentence.
- In June 2015, he was arrested for driving under the influence. The next month, he decided to enter rehab to take care of his substance abuse. He later revealed that he found his Ambien addiction difficult to kick off.
- John Stamos was offered a lead role in the medical drama TV series, Nip/Tuck by show creator Ryan Murphy, who had written the show keeping Stamos in his mind. However, Stamos’ then-wife Rebecca Romijn asked him not to work in it as the script was demeaning towards women.
- In his early 20s, he got a woman pregnant. However, he missed out on becoming a father as the woman decided to get an abortion. He later revealed that it was a mutual decision.
- Visit his official website @ johnstamos.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0