|Edi Gathegi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1979|
Edi Gathegi is a Kenyan actor, stage actor, producer, director, and voice artist. He is known for playing Laurent in the films Twilight and its sequel The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Eddie Willers in the political sci-fi drama film Atlas Shrugged, Armando Muñoz/Darwin in the superhero film X-Men: First Class, Dr. Jeffrey Cole (aka “Big Love”) in the medical drama series House, Darren Poynton in the sitcom The Family Tools, Zed in the supernatural drama series Proof, A.D. Singe in the mystery crime drama show Briarpatch, Matias Solomon in The Blacklist and The Blacklist: Redemption, Cheese in the crime thriller film Gone Baby Gone, Jacobee in the action-adventure drama series Into the Badlands, and Ronald Dacey in the drama series StartUp. As a voiceover artist, Edi has worked on shows including American Dad! and Phineas and Ferb.
Edi Mūe Gathegi
Ed Lo, Edi G
Edi Gathegi got enrolled at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and played basketball until a knee injury ended his career. After that, he started taking acting lessons.
Then, he joined the New York University‘s Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts and graduated in 2005.
Actor, Stage Actor, Producer, Director, Voice Artist
- Father – Dr. John N’ Gathegi (Ph.D. and JD from the University of California at Berkeley) (Professor at the University of South Florida)
- Siblings – He has an older brother and a younger sister.
Edi Gathegi has been represented by –
- Framework Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $3 Million.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Edi Gathegi has dated –
- Adriana Marinescu (2018-Present) – He married Adriana Marinescu, a Romanian, in the year 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Edi Gathegi has Kikuyu Kenyan roots.
Edi Gathegi Facts
- He was raised in Albany, California, United States.
- Edi Gathegi made his theatrical film debut playing a Haitian Cabbie in the 2006 action film, Crank.
- He was cast as Lucius Jenkins in Signature Theater Company revival of Jesus Hopped the ‘A’ Train and this performance won him an OBIE Award in 2018 and he was also nominated for a Lucille Lortel Award in the “Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play” category.
- Alongside Taylor Buck, Ana Ortiz, Jacob Vargas, and Martin Sheen, Edi Gathegi co-starred as Beaumont “Bo” Willis in the independent drama film, Princess of the Row, in 2019. For this role, he won the Breakout Acting Award at the Method Fest Independent Film Festival in 2019.
- Edi Gathegi’s stage credits include having been a part of Two Trains Running at the Old Globe Theatre, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, Othello, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Cyrano de Bergerac.
Featured Image by Anthony Citrano / Flickr / CC BY 2.0