|Eddie Redmayne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1982|
Eddie Redmayne is an English actor, model, and voiceover artist who has gained acclaim with his roles like Stephen Hawking in the biographical romantic drama film The Theory of Everything, Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beasts film series, Marius Pontmercy in the epic period musical film Les Misérables, Lili Elbe in the biographical romantic drama film The Danish Girl, Anthony Babington in the biographical period drama film Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Tom Hayden in the historical legal drama film The Trial of the Chicago 7, James Glaisher in the semi-biographical adventure film The Aeronauts, Jack Jackson in the 8-part 2010 television miniseries The Pillars of the Earth, Colin Clark in the drama film My Week with Marilyn, The Earl of Southampton in the 2-part historical drama Elizabeth I, Edward Wilson, Jr. in the spy film The Good Shepherd, and Ralph Keyes in the war thriller film Glorious 39. Moreover, he has been a recipient of several accolades including an Academy Award, a Tony Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a BAFTA Award. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2015 Birthday Honours for services to drama.
Edward John David Redmayne
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Redmayne attended Eton College in Eton, Berkshire.
In 2003, he graduated with 2:1 Honours from Trinity College, Cambridge where he studied the history of art.
Actor, Model, Voice Artist
- Father – Richard Redmayne (Businessman)
- Mother – Patricia Redmayne (Burke) (Runs a relocation business)
- Siblings – Charlie Redmayne (Older Half-Brother) (HarperCollins UK CEO), Thomas Redmayne (Younger Brother), James Redmayne (Older Brother), Annabel Redmayne (Half-Sister)
- Others – Richard Redmayne (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Civil and mining engineer), John Marriner Redmayne (Paternal Grandfather), Audrey Mercedes D’Alton (Paternal Grandmother)
He has been signed to –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $4 Million.
5 ft 11.5 in or 181.5 cm
76 kg or 167½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eddie Redmayne has dated –
- Carey Mulligan (2011) – In January 2011, the actors Carey Mulligan and Eddie were photographed walking arm in arm and hence were rumored to be dating together.
- Taylor Swift (2011-2012) – From October 2011 to January 2012, American singer Taylor Swift and Eddie were RUMORed to be dating together.
- Hannah Bagshawe (2012-Present) – He started dating Hannah Bagshawe in July 2012. He met her when he modeled at a charity event at a local girls school in Eton. On May 31, 2014, the couple announced their engagement in The Times. They got married on December 15, 2014, at Babington House in Somerset. On June 15, 2016, they welcomed their daughter Iris Mary Redmayne and their son Luke Richard Redmayne was born on March 10, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, Scottish, Northern Irish, and Welsh descent.
He has dyed his hair red in the past.
But, naturally, he has ‘Light Brown’ hair.
Best Known For
Portraying Anthony Babington in the 2007 film Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Marius Pontmercy in the 2012 epic romantic musical historical drama film Les Misérables, and Stephen Hawking in the 2014 film The Theory of Everything
He debuted with the 2006 Australian feature film Like Minds for his role as Alex Forbes.
First TV Show
In 1998, he appeared in the children’s book series Animal Ark for his role as John Hardy in an episode titled “Bunnies in the Bathroom.”
Eddie Redmayne Favorite Things
- Color – IKB-International Klein Blue
- Song In Les Miserables – On My Own (By Samantha Barks)
- Band – Johnny Flynn, Jack Peñate, Marcus Foster, Michael Kiwanuka
- Film – Rust and Bone (2012), Blue Valentine (2010), My Summer Of Love (2004), The Dark Knight (2008)
Source – IMDb, GlamourMagazine.co.uk, MovieFone.com
Eddie Redmayne Facts
- Eddie started his professional career in 1992 (at the age of 10) by appearing in the musical Oliver.
- He has done modeling for Burberry by appearing in their campaigns with Alex Pettyfer (in 2008) and Cara Delevingne (in 2012).
- Redmayne was featured on the “International Best Dressed List” of Vanity Fair’s September 2012 issue.
- He studied together with Prince William and Ivo Stourton. All were in the same year at Eton College.
- He is close friends with Jeremy Irvine.
- In 2015, he won the Academy Award for “Best Actor” for his portrayal of Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything.
- He would love to direct a movie himself.
- He is a bathroom singer. He is singing since he was a kid.
- He first got inspired to start acting from his drama school teacher Simon Dormandy.
- He idolized Ralph Fiennes and Mark Rylance when he was young.
- He is the only one in his family (which includes his mom, dad, and four siblings) to be in the show business.
- During the 2022 Olivier Awards, Eddie won the award for “Best Actor in a Musical” for his role in Cabaret.
- He is not on social media.