|Samantha Barks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1990|
Samantha Barks is a British actor, voice actor, theatre artist, director, writer, and singer who gained popularity after getting placed 3rd in the BBC talent show-themed television series I’d Do Anything in 2008. She then made her theatrical film debut in the epic period film Les Misérables in 2012 and this role won her several accolades including the Elle Style Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance” and Empire Award for “Best Female Newcomer” while she was also nominated for a Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture”, London Film Critics Circle Award for “Young British Performer of the Year”, Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance”, Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, and San Diego Film Critics Society Award for “Best Supporting Actress”. She has also been cast in several other on-screen projects like Groove High, Robot Chicken, Bitter Harvest, Interlude in Prague, Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart, A Hundred Streets, and The Christmas Candle. Moreover, Samantha Barks has been a part of productions like Honeymoon in Vegas, Frozen, Pretty Woman: The Musical, Oliver!, Chicago, The Last Five Years, Chess, and Amélie.
Samantha Jane Barks
Sam, Sam Barks
Laxey, Isle of Man
Barks attended Laxey Primary School in Laxey and St Ninian’s High School, Douglas in the Isle of Man.
Post that, she enrolled herself in The Arts Educational Schools (ArtsEd) in Chiswick, London, England for advanced study.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Writer, Singer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Richard Barks
- Mother – Ann Barks
- Siblings – Kim Barks (Older Sister), Carl Barks (Older Brother)
- Others – Peter John Barks (Paternal Grandfather), Beryl Bond (Paternal Grandmother)
Her career has been managed by Kirk Whelan-Foran of United Agents.
Brunswick Studios, Flour Records
Her net worth had been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha Barks has dated –
- Nick Jonas (2010-2011) – Samantha and American singer, Nick Jonas dated for a short time from October 2010 until January 2011. They first met on the set of the 2010 concert movie Les Misérables: 25th Anniversary Concert.
- Matt Johnson (2013) – Samantha dated This Morning presenter in early 2013 for a short time. They were dating together from January 2013 until April 2013. Matt is from Wales.
- David Gandy (2013) – After separating from Matt, she dated a British model, David Gandy from May until October 2013.
- Russell Crowe (2013) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with actor, director, musician, and singer Russell Crowe in April 2013. The duo worked together in the 2012 epic period musical film Les Misérables.
- Richard Fleeshman (2013-2014) – Since December 2013, Barks is seeing English actor Richard Fleeshman. The couple broke up in 2014.
- Alex Michael Stoll – On February 1, 2021, she announced her engagement to Broadway actor Alex Michael Stoll.
Race / Ethnicity
Samantha Barks is of Manx descent.
33-23-32 in or 84-58.5-81 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has endorsed Wheyhey high-protein low-calorie ice cream on Twitter (via Mirror).
Best Known For
Playing Éponine in the 2012 film Les Misérables
Samantha released her debut album Looking in Your Eyes in April 2007 via an independent label Brunswick Studios. Besides singing, she also co-wrote many of the songs. She was able to sell 600 copies of the album.
Samantha starred in her debut film Les Misérables released in 2012. She played the role of Éponine in this romantic musical historical drama film.
The film won 7 awards out of 16 nominations.
First TV Show
In 2008, Barks appeared in BBC’s talent show-themed television series I’d Do Anything as herself. The show was named after the same song.
She finished third in this 22 episode show.
Samantha Barks likes to work out. She is a big fan of Bikram yoga and practices it at least five times a week, and if she finds the time, she even does it all seven days.
She also eats healthy and stays away from fad diets. But, if she wants to have something delicious, she will have it. Though she doesn’t eat meat. So, eating in moderation is the key to maintaining weight.
Samantha Barks Favorite Things
- Post Workout Snack – Strawberry Whey Hey high-protein low-calorie ice cream
- Songs To Sing – Black Velvet, Johnny Cash songs, Elvis Presley songs
Source – NextMovie.com, Mirror
Samantha Barks Facts
- She is good at dancing. She started dancing at the age of three only and now is skilled in various dance forms such as ballet, tap, and modern.
- She has two nieces.
- Barks was named “Best Foreign Singer” in the Maltese International Song Competition held in December 2007. She also won the €2000 prize at the time.
- She was chosen to play the role of Éponine in Les Misérables instead of renowned singer and actor Taylor Swift.
- She has also done some theatre work starting from the year 2008.
- On September 30, 2009, Samantha launched a new Manx Ship called the Caly Manx in China.
- She sang karaoke with Les Misérables female cast, but in reality, she gets nervous while singing them.
- In 2010, she released a song titled “Let Go” sung and co-written by her.
- She co-starred as Josefa Duchek, Mozart’s friend and host in Prague, in the 2017 film Interlude in Prague. It is about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a prolific and influential composer of the Classical period.