Samantha Jane Barks
Sam, Sam Barks
Laxey, Isle of Man
Barks attended Laxey Primary School in Laxey and St Ninian’s High School, Douglas in Isle of Man.
Post that, she enrolled herself in The Arts Educational Schools (ArtsEd) in Chiswick, London, England for advanced study.
- Father – Richard Barks
- Mother – Ann Barks
- Siblings – Kim Barks (Older Sister), Carl Barks (Older Brother)
Her career is managed by Kirk Whelan-Foran of United Agents.
Brunswick Studios, Flour Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha Barks dated –
- Nick Jonas (2010-2011) – Samantha and American singer, Nick Jonas dated for a short time from October 2010 until January 2011. They first met on the set of 2010 concert movie Les Misérables: 25th Anniversary Concert.
- Matt Johnson (2013) – Samantha dated This Morning presenter in early 2013 for a short time. They were dating together from January 2013 until April 2013. Matt is from Wales.
- David Gandy (2013) – After separating from Matt, she dated a British model, David Gandy from May until October 2013.
- Richard Fleeshman (2013-Present) – Since December 2013, Barks is seeing English actor Richard Fleeshman.
Race / Ethnicity
33-23-32 in or 84-58.5-81 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has endorsed Wheyhey high-protein low-calorie ice-cream on Twitter (via Mirror)
Best Known For
Playing Éponine in the 2012 film Les Misérables.
Samantha released her debut album Looking in Your Eyes in April 2007 via an independent label Brunswick Studios. Besides singing, she also co-wrote many of the songs. She was able to sell 600 copies of the album.
Samantha starred in her debut film Les Misérables released in 2012. She played the role as Éponine in this romantic musical historical drama film.
The film won 7 awards out of 16 nominations.
First TV Show
In 2008, Barks appeared in BBC’s talent show-themed television series I’d Do Anything as herself. The show was named after the same song.
She finished third in this 22 episode show.
Samantha Barks likes to workout. She is a big fan of Bikram yoga and practices it at least five times in a week, and if she finds the time, she even does it all the seven days.
She also eats healthy and stays away from fad diets. But, if she wants to have something delicious, she will have it. Though she doesn’t eat meat. So, eating in moderation is the key to maintain weight.
Samantha Barks Favorite Things
- Post Workout Snack – Strawberry Whey Hey high-protein low-calorie ice cream
- Songs To Sing – Black Velvet, Johnny Cash songs, Elvis Presley songs
Source – NextMovie.com, Mirror
Samantha Barks Facts
- She is good at dancing. She started dancing at the age of three only and now is skilled in various dance forms such as ballet, tap and modern.
- She has two nieces.
- Barks was named “Best Foreign Singer” in Maltese International Song Competition held in December 2007. She also won the €2000 prize at the time.
- She was chosen to play the role of Éponine in Les Misérables instead of renowned singer and actress Taylor Swift.
- She has also done some theatre work starting from the year 2008.
- On September 30, 2009, Samantha launched a new Manx Ship called the Caly Manx in China.
- She sang karaoke with Les Misérables female cast, but in reality, she gets nervous while singing them.
- In 2010, she released a song titled “Let Go” sung and co-written by her.