David James Gandy
Billericay, Essex, England, UK
David went to The Billericay School in Billericay, Basildon, Essex, England.
He, then pursued graduation in marketing degree from the University of Gloucestershire.
- Father – Chris Gandy (Owner of a property and freight company)
- Mother – Brenda Gandy
- Siblings – Claire (Sister)
David is signed with many agencies –
- Select Model Management – London
- Ford Models – New York City
- Why Not Models – Milan
- New Madison Models
- View Management
- M&C Saatchi Merlin
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
91 kg or 201 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Gandy has been romantically linked with –
- Chloe Pridham (2008–2009) – David dated fellow model Chloe Pridham for a couple of months from 2008 to 2009.
- Amanda Charlwood (2009–2010) – Amanda, an American model and David, were in a relationship which started in 2009, but they separated in 2010.
- Laura Whitmore (2010) – Gandy was believed to be dating Irish television presenter, Laura Whitmore in 2010. Gandy, however, never made it clear about his relationship with her, but they were spotted together at various events.
- Sarah Ann Macklin (February 2012 – January 2013) – Gandy fell in love with British glamour/adult model, Sarah in February 2012. But the affair came to an end in January 2013.
- Samantha Barks (May – October 2013) – Samantha Barks and David got attracted towards each other at the Glamour Women Of The Year Awards in May 2013. Later, they were seen partying to their glory at London’s Berkeley Square Gardens and the saga of romance continued. But, it lasted only for a few months as they split in October 2013.
- Mollie King (April 2011 – February 2012 and July 2014 – 2016) – David was in a relationship with the singer Mollie King and the bond lasted from April 2011 to February 2012. Around July 2014, buzz making rounds that the couple reunited. In October 2014, they confirmed the news. This time again the relationship didn’t last and they broke in 2016.
- Stephanie Mendoros (2016) – In July 2016, David and barrister Stephanie Mendoros were romantically linked to each other.
Race / Ethnicity
- Chiseled and muscular body
- Blue eyes
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
11 (US) or 44.5 (EU) or 10 (UK)
In 2006, Dolce & Gabbana engaged him as its face.
He was seen in a short promotional film called “Away We Stay” (2011) with Helena Christensen for W Hotels.
He was the brand ambassador for Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
He appeared in a short film with Jaguar where he was seen driving C-Type, E-Type, XKSS and the F-Type Jaguar.
Face of Philippines’s one of the largest department stores, i.e. SM Men’s Fashion.
David was featured in “Magic & Sparkle,” the fairy-tale themed Christmas advertising campaign of Marks & Spencer in 2013.
David was chosen as the lead model for Savile Row Tailor Henry Poole & Co’s advertisements and campaigns, when it expanded into the Japanese fashion market.
Gandy has been the official ambassador for London Collections – Men.
David has his own line of underwear and sleepwear in association with Marks & Spencer, called “David Gandy for Autograph” which he launched in September 2014. In May 2015, he added swimwear into the collection.
David’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known for
Appearing in advertisement of Light Blue fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana in 2007.
First Magazine Shoot
David appeared in the 2010 short romantic film Away We Stay for his role as Adam.
First TV Show
In 2008, he appeared in the TV series Corazón, corazón as himself in just one episode dated May 25, 2008.
David works out from 45 minutes to one hour for four to five days in a week. Being a sporty person right from his childhood, he is quite aware about exercises, diet and nutrition. Owner of a large frame, he considers working out as a relaxing therapy. Though he loves food, but watches what he eats. His high metabolism rate helps him to keep fat away. He abstains from processed foods. His diet includes protein in abundance, carbs in form of whole wheat breads and pastas, and fresh and organic food in huge quantity. He usually uses vegan plant based protein shakes.
David Gandy Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Asian
- Food – Sushi & Thai
- Drink – Red wine and Johnnie Walker whisky
- Car – Jaguar XKSS & XJ6, Land Rover Defender, Alfa Romeo – GTV, Ferrari – 250 GTO SWB & F40, Bugatti – Type 57SC Atlantic Coupe
- Shop in London – Sunbury Antiques
- Market – Fulham Farmers’ Market
- Book – The Wicked Wit of Winston Churchill
- Magazine – Elle Decor
- Jeans – Lucky jeans
- Ice cream – Wheyhey ice cream
- Gadget – BlackBerry Q10
- Watch – Omega Speedmaster Professional
- Bespoke Tailoring – Thom Sweeney
- Attire – Suits
Source – Be The Fittest, Men’s Health, Vogue.co.uk, TimeOut, GQ, Out
David Gandy Facts
- Gandy’s introduction to fashion world was by his flatmate who entered David’s name into ITV’s This Morning, a model-search competition. David was just 21 then and won the contest and bagged contract with Select Model Management.
- A philanthropic by heart, David has taken part in many charity and fundraising projects. He has launched his own charity foundation, “Blue Steel Appeal.”
- Gandy who has passion for car racing, once again participated in the Mille Miglia in 2015. He drove a Jaguar XK120 with his co-driver, Jodie Kidd, a television presenter and they stood 171st out of over 400 participating cars.
- David purchased a major share in David Preston Shoes in January 2015.
- David aspired to be a veterinary surgeon, but due to his poor results in school, he couldn’t pursue veterinary science studies.
- After getting great attention for his personal style, he took the next plunge from modeling. For Marks & Spencer, he started designing his own range of underwear and lounge-wear.
- It’s not just modeling, Gandy writes a fashion blog for British Vogue, car reviews for British GQ, besides writing lifestyle articles for Telegraph Men.
- David participated in Olympics closing ceremony in the year 2012 and was the only male model to do so.
- Vogue US declared Gandy as number two of the “Top 10 Male Models of All Time” in 2014.
- David was announced as the ‘Model of the Year’ by Spanish GQ at the Men of the Year Awards (2014) held at Madrid.
- David secured number uno position on Yahoo! Style in their list of the Top Male Models of 2015.
- David was named one among ‘500 Most Influential People in Britain – 2015 (under fashion segment)’ by specialty publisher Debrett, on their list of the same.
- David was voted among Top 20 of the “Sexiest Men of 2015” by readers of Glamour.
- As per his official Facebook page, besides model, he is a writer, petrol head and dog lover.
- Gandy was listed among “50 Sexiest Men Alive” in MTV chart for 2015.
- Visit his fitness website @ davidgandyfitness.com.
- Catch David Gandy on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and Tumblr.