Manhattan, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
From an early age, Ana Ortiz studied performing arts such as ballet and singing. She pursued ballet for 8 years but after a painful experience in dancing, she shifted to acting and singing.
She has a vocal major from Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in New York City. Eventually, she graduated from the University of Arts, Philadelphia.
- Father – Angel L. Ortiz (Former Philadelphia City Council member)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lydia Pilar Ortiz (Sister), Angel Omar Ortiz (Brother)
- Others – Lydia E. Hernandez-Velez (Stepmother)
Ana Ortiz is managed by G.E.F. Entertainment, Inc., Production Company, Los Angeles, California, USA.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ana Ortiz has dated –
- Noah Lebenzon (2004-Present) – Noah is an American musician and a lead guitarist for the rock band Everything is Energy. In 2004, at her childhood friend, actress J. C. Brandy’s birthday, Ana and Noah were introduced to each other. What followed thereafter was a steady relationship. After 2 years of dating, Noah called Ana’s father and after having asked for his blessing, he proposed to Ana with a cushion-cut diamond ring, getting down on one knee. On June 9, 2007, they tied the knot in Hotel Horned Dorset Primavera, Rincon, Puerto Rico. They have a daughter named Paloma Louise Lebenzon (born on June 27, 2009) and a son named Rafael Lebenzon (born on September 24, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Puerto Rican ancestry from her father’s side and Irish ancestry from her mother’s side.
- Highlighted hairdo
- Beautiful broad smile
Ana Ortiz has been a spokesperson for Johnson’s Melt Away Stress line.
Best Known For
- Her role as the protagonist Betty’s sassy sister and Justin’s mother Hilda Suarez, in the television series Ugly Betty. She received the ALMA Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress – Television Series, Mini-Series or Television Movie” in 2007 and also the Imagen Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Television” for the same.
- Playing the character of Marisol Suarez, one of the protagonists in the series Devious Maids – Dirty Cloths in Beverly Hills. She also received the Imagen Award for “Best Actress – Television” for the same in 2014.
As a Singer
Ana is an aspiring singer and is looking forward to creating her own music album.
In 1995, she made her theatrical film debut by playing a small role of a C Block inmate, in a thriller film Condition Red.
First TV Show
In 2000, she made her first television show appearance as Maria Alvarez in A Hole in Juan episode of the drama series, NYPD Blue.
Ana Ortiz does not have a personal trainer, but she does have a few secrets in maintaining her fit and gorgeous body. Ana likes to go hiking with her dog Fideo, 3 times a week, doing various steep hill running in the Runyon Canyon.
Apart from that, Ana likes to go horseback riding, play softball, and water sports. Ana does her best in following a strategic diet. She eats lightly before her workout either in the morning or afternoon.
Ana Ortiz Favorite Things
- Aspect Of Her Character Marisol – Loyalty
- Music Genre – Pop
- Songs – Songs by Marc Anthony, Prince, Beyoncé and George Michael’s Freedom
Source – Starry Mag, Modern Brown Girl
Ana Ortiz Facts
- As a child, she wanted to be a ballerina.
- She is a vegetarian.
- In the early stage of her career, she worked as a theatre artist.
- She is associated with The Labyrinth Theater Company, New York City.
- New York City as a whole was her inspiration growing up.
- She has done a lot of voiceover for different characters in animated films, such as ‘Anna Ramirez’ in Batman – The Knight of Gotham, ‘Rafa’ on Disney’s Elena of Avalor among others.
- Ana has participated in a European tour in theatrical productions such as Hair, Dog and the Cuban Swimmer and References to Salvador Dali Make Me Hot.
- She has been featured in the 2010 music video of “Cuando Me Enamoro”, written and performed by Spanish pop singer-songwriter Enrique Iglesias.
- If she could become anybody for a day, she would either be Meryl Streep, Gwen Stefani, Beyoncé or Jennifer Lopez.
- She looks forward to an interesting role in Broadway theatre.
- Ana is an activist against domestic violence and works in spreading awareness against abusive relationships.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Mingle MediaTV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0