|Vir Das Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1979|
Vir Das is an Indian actor and standup comedian known for appearing in popular films like Love Aaj Kal, Badmaash Company, Delhi Belly, and Go Goa Gone. He has done endorsement work for popular brands like Colgate and Nescafé. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 8 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Vir completed his schooling from Indian Language School in Lagos, Nigeria. He later went on to earn his degree in Economics and Theatre from Knox College, Illinois and majored in performance. He was accepted into the Moscow Arts Theatre for the Stanislavsky Program.
- Mother – Madhur Das
- Siblings – Trisha (Older Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vir Das has dated –
- Shivani Mathur (2009-Present) – Vir began dating Shivani in the year 2009. After 5 years of courtship, the couple decided to tie the knot in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
- His smile
- Chiseled face
Vir Das has appeared in the commercials for the following brands –
- HE Deodorant
Best Known For
Being one of the first Indian standup comedians to carve a niche for himself internationally.
Vir Das made his theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy-drama film Namastey London as the Prospective Groom No. 1 in 2007.
First TV Show
Vir Das made his television show debut as a contestant on the British-Indian comedy series
Mumbai Calling in 2008.
Along with rigorous workouts, he also maintains a well-balanced diet.
Vir Das Favorite Things
- Subject – English
Source – Telegraph India
Vir Das Facts
- His father taught him the habit of reading newspapers.
- He used to work as a waiter, construction worker, dog walker and door-to-door cutlery salesman to sustain his livelihood.
- His parents shifted to Africa when he was 9 years old.
- He confessed to being a problem child in school and was not fond of studies. He used to fail in almost all the subjects in school.
- Vir never liked going to boarding school and always threatened his parents that he would run away.
- He considers himself to be very family-oriented.
- He has a bulldog named Watson.
- Visit his official website @ virdas.in.
- Follow Vir on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0