|Tyler James Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tyler James Williams is an American actor, voiceover artist, and rapper who is known for having played many popular characters in shows and movies such as Lionel Higgins in Dear White People, Chris in Everybody Hates Chris, Noah in The Walking Dead, Russ “Monty” Montgomery in Criminal Minds, Edgar Standish in Whiskey Cavalier, Cyrus DeBarge/Truth in Let it Shine, and Jake Riddick in The Wedding Year.
Tyler James Williams
Tyler Williams, Tyler J. Williams, T.J. Williams
Westchester County, New York, United States
New York, United States
Actor, Rapper, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Le’Roy Williams (Police Sergeant)
- Mother – Angela Williams (Singer, Songwriter)
- Siblings – Tyrel Jackson Williams (Younger Brother) (Singer, Voiceover Artist), Tylen Jacob Williams (Younger Brother) (Singer, Voiceover Artist)
Tyler James Williams is represented by Osbrink Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Universal City, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyler James Williams has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Tyler James Williams is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Often sports a mustache and wears glasses
- Tattoo on his arm
He has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Evian, MAGARI EMPIRE, etc.
Tyler James Williams Facts
- He was raised in Yonkers, New York.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Guest at Party in the 2005 sports-drama film, Two for the Money, which starred the likes of Al Pacino, Matthew McConaughey, and Rene Russo. However, Tyler’s role went uncredited.
- His portrayal of comedian and actor Chris Rock in the television period sitcom, Everybody Hates Chris, earned him much critical acclaim. He got nominated for the NAACP Image Award in the “Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series” category consecutively from 2006 to 2010 and won the same in 2007. He was also nominated for Teen Choice Award and Young Artist Award.
- In 2014, Tyler James Williams played the role of Lionel Higgins in the comedy-drama film, Dear White People. For this role, he won the Black Reel Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance”.
- His portrayal of Leon in the 2017 period crime drama film, Detroit, won him the NAACP Image Award in the “Outstanding Independent Motion Picture” category in 2018.
- He co-starred alongside the likes of Sarah Hyland, Jenna Dewan, and Matt Shively in the romantic comedy film, The Wedding Year, in 2019.
- In 2019, he started appearing as NSA analyst Edgar Standish in the action comedy-drama television series, Whiskey Cavalier, in which he worked alongside Scott Foley, Lauren Cohan, Ana Ortiz, Vir Das, and Josh Hopkins.
- He has done voiceover work in shows and movies like The Ant Bully, Little Bill, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- Tyler has struggled with Crohn’s disease.
- He has also garnered an impressive social media fan base with more than 6 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Tyler James Williams / Instagram