|Sharon Stone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1958|
Sharon Stone is a critically acclaimed American actress, producer, voiceover artist, and former fashion model. She is known for her work in movies like Basic Instinct, The Specialist, The Mighty, The Muse, Casino, Catwoman, Where Sleeping Dogs Lie, Sliver, The Quick and the Dead, Catwoman, Bobby, The Year of Getting to Know Us, The Disaster Artist, A Golden Boy, Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese, Alpha Dog, If These Walls Could Talk 2, and The Laundromat. Over the years, she has received at least 10 awards from 41 nominations, including one Emmy Award, one Golden Globe Award, two MTV Movie Awards, and one Satellite Award. Moreover, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1995 and she was named Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters in France in 2005.
Sharon Yvonne Stone
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
Sharon lives in a lavish mansion in Beverly Hills, California. She has owned the classy Spanish-style house since 1995.
Sharon Stone went to Brookhauser Elementary in the Saegertown Schools. She later studied at the Saegertown High School and graduated in 1975. Sharon then got enrolled at the Edinboro University.
However, after she was advised to drop out of the university to pursue a modeling career, she left her studies behind. She eventually resumed her studies and graduated from Edinboro University in 2016.
Actress, Model, Voiceover Artist, Film Producer
- Father – Joseph William Stone II (Factory worker and tool and die manufacturer)
- Mother – Dorothy Marie Lawson (Accountant)
- Siblings – Kelly Stone (Younger Sister), Patrick Stone (Younger Brother), Mike Stone (Older Brother)
- Others – Joseph William Stone (Paternal Grandfather), Lela H. Greenlee (Paternal Grandmother), Clarence Grover Lawson (Maternal Grandfather), Freda E. Woods (Maternal Grandmother), River Stone (Nephew) (Died in 2021)
Sharon Stone has been represented by –
- Mosaic, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hilla, California, United States
- Plan A, Talent Agency, Paris, France
In 2020, her net worth was $60 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharon Stone has dated –
- Hart Bochner (1988) – Sharon Stone dated actor Hart Bochner in 1988. They had reportedly grown close while shooting for the TV mini-series, War and Remembrance. However, things didn’t end well between them as he called her ‘the anti-christ’ on a number of occasions.
- Michael Greenburg (1984-1990) – Stone first met her first husband Michael Greenburg, who is a producer, in 1984 while working on the TV film, The Vegas Strip War. She was the female lead in the movie and he was producing the project. They got married in the same year. However, they decided to separate after three years. Their divorce was eventually finalized in 1990.
- Jon Peters – Stone was rumored to be going out with movie producer Jon Peters in the early nineties. They were seen together at the premiere at a couple of his movies.
- Dwight Yoakam (1992) – Stone first met country singer Dwight Yoakam at the photoshoot for the Ebel watches. They started their short-lived affair that lasted for about six weeks. They were even pictured together on the red carpet of that year’s Academy Awards. However, after their breakup, she was very severe in comments about Yoakam. In one such comment, she claimed that a dirt sandwich was better than Dwight Yoakam. She later moaned that she still had to see images of such an unimportant relationship in the press.
- Paul Verhoeven (1992) – Stone reportedly had an affair with director Paul Verhoeven in 1992. Verhoeven had directed Stone in Basic Instinct and their romance had blossomed on the sets of the movie. She has revealed in her interviews that the iconic leg-crossing scene in the movie was due to his insistence. He hadn’t initially told her his intentions and asked her to remove her underwear as the white color of it didn’t look good on camera. He had promised her that nothing would be shown in the movie. So, she was stunned when she saw her private parts in the movie premiere. She was shocked and went into the booth and slapped him.
- Michael Douglas (1992) – In 1992, she was also linked with her Basic Instinct co-star Michael Douglas.
- Chris Peters – Sharon was reported to be dating music executive Chris Peters in the early years of the nineties. She had even taken him as her date to the 50th Annual Golden Globe Awards in January 1993. Their relationship was widely discussed in tabloids due to their age difference as Chris was 11 years younger than him. Also, their breakup was in the news as it was claimed that she had dumped him with scarcely a public comment.
- Johnathon Schaech – While appearing on Andy Cohen’s Then & Now, the actor and writer Johnathon Schaech claimed that he has had a fling with Sharon Stone in the past.
- George Howe Englund, Jr – Stone has been often linked with Hollywood boss George Howe Englund, Jr. It has even been claimed that he was her third husband. However, Stone has refuted such claims and has insisted that she doesn’t even know George.
- David Duchovny (1993) – The Basic Instinct star was rumored to be having a fling with actor David Duchovny in the summer of 1993.
- Bill MacDonald (1993-1994) – Towards the end of 1993, Sharon’s other affair was firmly on the covers of tabloids. It was reported that movie producer Bill MacDonald, who had served as a producer of her movie, Sliver had left his wife Naomi Baka to live with Stone. In an interesting turn of events, Baka started an affair with the movie’s scriptwriter Joe Eszterhas, leading to the end of his 24 years old marriage. Bill and Sharon had even got engaged. Upon their breakup in 1994, Sharon returned the engagement ring through a FedEx delivery.
- Bob Wagner (1994-1995) – In 1994, Stone started going out with Bob Wagner. They had grown close while shooting for the movie, The Quick and the Dead. Bob was attached as the first assistant director of the project. Their relationship lasted for about a year. But during that short time, they managed to even get engaged.
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. (1995) – Sharon had an affair with lawyer and journalist John F. Kennedy, Jr., who was also the son of President John F. Kennedy, in the summer of 1995. They had met while they were vacationing at Martha’s Vineyard.
- Bill Clinton – Sharon Stone was reported to be having an affair with former United States President Bill Clinton on a couple of occasions. The first affair rumors surfaced in 1992. Then, they were again linked in the last months of 1995. In a fascinating story, it has been claimed that when Hillary Clinton realized that Stone would be a star guest at a Clinton fundraising dinner, she enlisted the help of a presidential aide to make sure that some other woman should be designated to sit with Bill. However, Clinton managed to get Stone next to him at the event.
- Eric Clapton (1996) – In 1996, Sharon Stone was linked with English singer Eric Clapton. They were even spotted leaving in a car after a date at high profile restaurant in London.
- Jack Nicholson (1996)
- Dweezil Zappa (1996) – In the summer of 1996, Stone was going out with the rock guitarist. They made their relationship public in May after arriving at the Mission: Impossible Los Angeles premiere as a couple. However, their relationship lasted for a few months only.
- Russell Crowe – The Quick and the Dead actors Sharon and Russell Crowe dated for some time after working together in the movie.
- Phil Bronstein (1998-2004) – Sharon got married to Phil Bronstein, the executive editor of The San Francisco Examiner, on Valentine’s Eve in 1998. In 2000, they decided to adopt a baby son, Roan Joseph Bronstein. In 2003, Bronstein filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce was eventually granted in 2004. Shortly after the divorce, she temporarily lost custody of their son Roan. The judge had ruled that Roan would live with his father and Stone was given visitation rights.
- Adrien Brody (2003) – In 2003, actors Adrien Brody and Sharon Stone were seen together after Sharon’s then-husband, Phil Bronstein filed for divorce.
- Craig Ferguson (2005) – In 2005, Craig Ferguson asked out Sharon while she was making an appearance on his talk show, The Late Late Show. They went out for one dinner date and it was awkward enough that they decided against going ahead.
- Christian Slater (2006) – In the second half of 2006, Sharon was linked with actor Christian Slater. They had grown close while shooting for the movie, Bobby. They had been spotted out and about on numerous occasions before they finally confirmed that they were indeed going out. They also revealed that they planned to celebrate Christmas together.
- Rick Fox (2006-2007) – Sharon was linked with the former professional basketball player and actor Rick Fox on a couple of occasions in 2006 and 2007. They were first linked in October 2006 as it was claimed that they were spotted making out at the Hollywood hotspot Hyde nightclub.
- Jared Leto (2006) – Stone was reported to have hooked up with actor Jared Leto in September 2006. They were reported to have been spotted flirting up a storm at a Los Angeles club Area.
- Larry Austin (2007) – In the summer of 2007, she was reported to be dating Larry Austin. Their relationship became the subject of news after they were spotted getting cozy during their vacations at a tropical resort. The paparazzi were also heavily criticized as topless pictures of Stone were taken without her permission.
- Shareef Malnik (2007) – Towards the end of 2007, Sharon was rumored to be going out with actor Shareef Malnik. They were spotted together on a couple of occasions including the 13th Annual InterContinental Make-A-Wish Ball in November in Miami.
- Martin Mica (2012-2014) – Stone started going out with Argentine model Martin Mica in 2012. They had first met at the Vogue Brazil party in Sao Paolo in the same year. Their relationship was widely discussed by the American and Argentine tabloids as 27 years old Mica was nearly three decades younger than Stone. At the start of 2017, it was reported that had broken up. However, a couple of days later, they put these rumors to rest by stepping out in Beverly Hills for a PDA-packed outing. They eventually ended their relationship in February 2014. It was claimed that she was too busy. Plus, they didn’t have any common interests.
- Antonio Banderas (2014) – Shortly after the end of his marriage with Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas was rumored to have hooked up with Sharon Stone. They were even reported to have gone on a trip to mark the start of their relationship.
- David DeLuise (2014-2015) – After they were spotted on a date at Hugo’s Restaurant in West Hollywood in December 2014, Stone was linked with actor David DeLuise. While leaving the restaurant, they were pictured cuddling and kissing in the car park. In January 2015, they were again spotted going out for a date. They were spotted holding hands as they left Mr. Chow restaurant in Beverly Hills. However, the reports of their relationship stopped within a couple of weeks.
- Angelo Boffa (2017-2018) – In December 2017, she started dating Angelo Boffa but the duo parted ways the following year.
- Enzo Cursio – In 2018, she was romantically involved with Enzo Cursio.
Note – In 2005, Sharon Stone adopted her second son, Laird Vonne. She adopted her third son, Quinn Kelly Stone in 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Scottish, Irish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, over the course of her esteemed career, she has been best known for her blonde dyed locks.
- Deep sultry voice
- Blue eyes
- Short hairdo
Sharon Stone has appeared in the TV commercials for the following –
- Seagrams 7 Golden Wine Cooler
- Ford models
- Freixenet (Spanish)
- El Corte Inglés (Spanish)
- American Stroke Association
- William Lawson
- Banca 121 (Banca Del Salento)
- Vernal (Japanese Cosmetics Brand)
- Dior Capture Totale
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Charlie fragrance
- Alain Afflelou
She has also been featured in the print adverts for the following –
- One Essential – Dior
- Badgley Mischka
- Dior Capture Totale
- Salvini (Spanish and Italian)
- El Corte Inglés (Spanish)
- OGGI International Hair Care Products
Sharon Stone identifies herself as a Buddhist.
But she claims that Buddhism is a way of living and she still believes in god. She also experimented with the Church of Scientology for a brief period of time.
She had converted to Buddhism after Richard Gere had introduced her to The Dalai Lama.
Best Known For
- Her electric and sultry performance in the erotic thriller movie, Basic Instinct, which established her as an enduring s*x symbol.
- Having appeared in the female lead roles in popular and successful movies such as Casino and The Muse.
- Having made appearances on popular TV shows such as War and Remembrance, Will & Grace, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
In 1980, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the comedy-drama movie, Stardust Memories, which was written and directed by Woody Allen, who also cast himself in the lead role in the movie.
First TV Show
In 1982, Sharon Stone made her first TV show appearance in A Little Magic episode of the NBC sitcom, Silver Spoons.
After hitting her 40s, Sharon Stone decided to focus more on her fitness regime and disciplined diet plan to ensure that she would look great even in her advancing age. She credits her youthful figure to the total body stretches which she regularly performs at the 24-Hour Fitness Gym. She also relies on strength training to tone her body.
She loves yoga for its ability to elongate her muscles and dance for the fun cardio it provides. She also loves to go to Pilates and Barre classes. Sharon tries to make sure that she is working out for 45 minutes to 1 hour about 3 to 4 days every week.
The changes in diet plan include focussing on a low-carb diet. She has completely given up hard alcohol and instead fuels up with cleansing and detoxifying teas. She has also decreased her consumption of dairy products. However, she has decided against eliminating any nutrient group from her diet. She still enjoys steak, ribeyes, porterhouse, and the New York strip. But she makes sure that she is eating everything in moderation.
Sharon Stone Favorite Things
- Hair Products – Tancho stick, Dry shampoo from Bumble and Bumble, Blondish Hair Powder from Bumble and Bumble, John Frieda and PureOlogy shampoos and conditioners
- Lipstick Color – Red
- Facial Products – Dior Capture Totale products
- Makeup Essentials – Brow pencil from Dior
- Dior Products – Lip glosses and DiorShow Mascara
- Fragrance – Aveda Energizing oil
- Guilty Pleasure – Dark Chocolate
Source – StyleCraze.com, Harper’s Bazaar
Sharon Stone Facts
- In her teens, she did a number of miscellaneous jobs including working as a counter girl on a part-time basis at McDonald’s.
- While growing up, she once claimed that she would become the next Marilyn Monroe.
- She was an academically gifted child and had got into second grade by the age of 5. By the age of 15, she had got admission to the Edinboro University.
- While studying at the university, she went on to win the title of Miss Crawford County, which made her eligible for the beauty pageant held for Miss Pennsylvania.
- She had auditioned for the role of Vicky Vale in the 1989 classic Batman. She had also given the audition for the role of Alex Forrest in Fatal Attraction.
- While shooting for the movie Casino, she had quite a hard time on the sets as she battled a back problem that was caused by an old injury. To make the matters worse, she had to wear a white beaded gown for the casino scene that weighed 45 pounds.
- In 1995, the French government honored her with the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters for her immense contributions to the cinema.
- While growing up, she had a horrific accident while riding a horse as she ran into a clothesline that ripped her neck open. She still has a scar on the side of her neck.
- In 2007, she was honored by her alma mater Edinboro State University with an honorary Doctorate in Philosophy in public service.
- She has done extensive activism and charity work for AIDS-related foundations. For her efforts, she received Humanitarian Award at the Memorial Church from Harvard Foundation in 2005.
- To prepare for her role in The Quick and the Dead, she took special training from renowned Hollywood Gun Coach, Thell Reed.
- She is allergic to caffeine. She also suffers from diabetes and asthma.
- In 2011, the Men’s Health magazine placed her on the 11th spot in the “100 Hottest Women of All Time” list.
- In 1995, she was honored with her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California.
- She was under consideration for the role of Rose in the iconic romantic drama movie, Titanic. She was also considered for the role of Sarah Connor in the action flick, Terminator.
- In 1999, Playboy magazine placed her on the 24th position in their list featuring 100 Sexiest Stars of the Century.
- In January 2005, she was widely criticized for soliciting a pledge to raise $1 million for mosquito nets for Tanzania at the African poverty panel held at World Economic Forum in Davos. Even, UNICEF wasn’t impressed with the conversion of the panel into a fundraiser. At the event, she could only raise $250,000, which forced UNICEF to pay the remaining $750,000 that led to the diversion of funds from other important projects. Also, the pledged mosquito nets weren’t delivered to the needy and some of them emerged as wedding dresses on the black market.
- In 2008, she drew widespread criticism for saying in an interview conducted on the sidelines of the Cannes Film Festival that the Sichuan earthquake was the result of the bad karma incurred by the Chinese for their woeful treatment of Tibet and The Dalai Lama.
- In aftermath of the fallout caused by her comments, Dior China posted an apology in her name. However, she denied making an apology and insisted that she stood with her remarks.
- In September 2001, she had to be hospitalized for a subarachnoid hemorrhage. She was diagnosed with a vertebral artery dissection.
- In 2015, she managed to stage another impromptu fundraiser at the Pilosio Building Peace Award in Milan. This time, she managed to raise a sufficient amount to build 28 schools in Africa.
- In March 2006, she traveled with Nobel Peace Prize winner Shimon Peres to Israel to promote peace in the Middle Eastern region.
- While growing up, she used to put up theatre productions in her family’s garage for the audiences gathered around the picnic table.
- In September 2012, she fainted while attending a fashion show in Italy. She was suffering from severe head pains at the event.
- In 1997, Sharon released her biography, The Sharon Stone Story, which was written by Mike Munn.
- Stone was one of the frontrunners for the sultry role of Poison Ivy in the 1997 released movie, Batman & Robin.
- She was all set to play the role of Stacy Mansdorf in Blue Ice. But, she dropped out to focus on her role in Basic Instinct.
- She started her modeling career with the Ford Modeling Agency. She later moved to Europe to work on modeling assignments and while in Europe, she decided to completely quit modeling to become an actress.
- In 1997, the Empire magazine included her on the list featuring “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time”. In 1995, they had included in the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History list.
- She played Olivia Lake, a children’s book author and illustrator, in the 2017 murder mystery, Mosaic. This role won her a Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”.
- She co-starred as Lenore Osgood, a wealthy heiress who hires a hitman to kill Dr. Hanover for disfiguring her son after she hired him to treat her son’s mental illness, in the psychological thriller series titled Ratched in 2020.
- In her 2021 memoir titled The Beauty of Living Twice, Sharon revealed that she once got pregnant during her first serious relationship and had got an abortion in a clinic in Ohio.
- In August 2021, Sharon’s nephew, River Stone, was hospitalized with “total organ failure.” Later that month, it was revealed that River had passed away.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0