Jared Joseph Leto
Jaro, J, Bartholomew Cubbins, Angakok Panipaq
Bossier City, Louisiana, USA
Leto attended Emerson Preparatory School in Washington D.C. He, though, dropped out of 10th grade for a short time, but returned to this private school.
Jared finally graduated from Flint Hill School in Oakton, Virginia. Due to his interest in visual arts, he was enrolled into University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
He also went to School of Visual Arts in NYC due to his interest in filmmaking.
Singer, songwriter, music director, musician, actor, photographer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Constance Leto (née Metrejon)
- Siblings – Shannon Leto (Older Brother)
- Others – William Lee Metrejon (Maternal Grandfather) (Worked at U.S. Air Force), Ruby Russell (Maternal Grandmother)
Jared has two more half-brothers (both younger) due to his dad’s second marriage.
Vocals, bass guitar, keyboards, guitars, piano
EMI, Immortal, Universal, Virgin
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Though, Jared himself mentioned on Twitter that he is 5 ft 11 in or 180 cm. But, his fans considers him around 5 ft 9 in.
69 kg or 152 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jared Leto dated –
- Nikki Nova (1996) – RUMOR
- Kristi McDaniel (1999) – Jared dated actress Kristi McDaniel in 1999.
- Cameron Diaz (1999-2003) – In August 1999, Jared started dating another actress Cameron Diaz. They continued dating and engaged in 2002. But, the engagement was called off in March 2003 and this relationship also came to an end.
- Corina Taylor (2002) – He had a fling with p*rn star Corina Taylor in April 2002.
- Scarlett Johansson (2004-2005) – ScarJo and Jared dated ON and OFF for a year. They were spotted several times in Los Angeles together, but never made a statement about their relationship.
- Lindsay Lohan (2005) – RUMOR
- Krista Ayne (2006) – RUMOR
- Lindi Hingston (2006) – RUMOR
- Sharon Stone (2006) – RUMOR
- Paris Hilton (2008) – RUMOR
- Lydia Hearst (2008) – RUMOR
- Lauren Hastings (2009) – RUMOR
- Heidi Baron (2009) – RUMOR
- Isabel Lucas (2009) – RUMOR
- Ruby Aldridge (2010) – In 2010, Jared was RUMORed to be dating American model, Ruby Aldridge.
- Annabelle Wallis (2010) – In 2010, actress Annabelle Wallis and Jared were RUMORed to have hooked up together.
- Nina Senicar (2011) – RUMOR
- Katharina Damm (2011) – From July 2011 until September 2011, Jared dated much younger Danish model Katharina Damm.
- Anastasia Krivosheeva (2012) – RUMOR
- Lupita Nyong’o (2014) – In February 2014, Jared had a fling with Kenyan actress Lupita.
- Miley Cyrus (2014) – RUMOR
- Dimphy Janse (2014) – Dutch model Dimphy Janse was RUMORed to have had a fling with Jared Leto.
- Katy Perry (2014) – RUMOR
- Valery Kaufman (2014-2015) – Russian model, Valery Kaufman and Jared were RUMORed to be dating for a couple of months from 2014 to 2015.
- Ashley Frangipane (2016) – Singer Halsey and Jared were RUMORed to have grown close during the 2016 Coachella Music Festival in April 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Cajun ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Bright blue eyes
- Jared frequently plays unsympathetic characters
Jared’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 36 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Hugo Boss fragrance (2011)
Best Known For
Working with the band Thirty Seconds to Mars and releasing songs like “Buddha for Mary”, “Where the Streets Have No Name”, and others.
He also gained fame after appearing in the television series My So-Called Life from 1994 to 1995 in 19 episodes.
Jared is a member of the rock band Thirty Seconds to Mars, which was formed in Los Angeles in 1998. It consists of three members – Shannon Leto, Tomo Miličević and lead vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Jared Leto.
Jared released his debut album (under his band name Thirty Seconds to Mars) titled 30 Seconds to Mars on August 27, 2002 via Immortal, and Virgin Records. The album charted at #107 in U.S. and was certified as Silver in Britain. He was successfully able to sell 2 million albums worldwide.
In 1995, Jared appeared in a film titled How to Make an American Quilt for his role as Beck.
First TV Show
From 1992 to 1993, Jared Leto appeared in several episodes in ABC’s sitcom Camp Wilder for his role as Dexter.
Jared is able to look younger by eating a vegan diet, doing yoga, taking proper rest and staying away from alcohol.
Apart from yoga, the singer does cycling, and goes for hiking. He actually likes to remain outdoors and moreover, like many others, he does not like using iPod while exercising. He listens to the nature.
Jared Leto Favorite Things
- City – Montreal in Quebec, Canada
- iTunes Apps – Yelp, Viber, Instagram, Uber
Jared Leto Facts
- Jared used to have a dog named Judas, who died in May of 2007.
- He has travelled to many places in the childhood as he lived with his maternal grandparents and mom. His grandfather used to work in Air Force.
- He is a businessman and has invested his money in California based airline, Surf Air.
- Jared uses the last name as “Leto”, which is his stepfather’s surname.
- He got to play his first musical instrument, which was a piano (broken).
- As a kid, he used to listen to numerous songs, mostly classical rock by Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and many others.
- In January 2014, Jared won Golden Globe Award in the category of “Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture” for his work in “Dallas Buyers Club“.
- He engaged Cameron Diaz in 2002.
- While studying filmmaking, Jared appeared in his own short film Crying Joy, which was also written by him.
- Visit Jared’s official website @ jaredleto.com.
- Hear more from Jared on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and MySpace.