|Emilia Clarke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1986|
Emilia Clarke is an English actress who has gained much critical acclaim for bringing to life the character of Daenerys Targaryen, one of the last surviving members of House Targaryen, in the HBO fantasy drama television series, Game of Thrones, which is an adaptation of George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. She is also known for her roles in movies such as Terminator Genisys, Me Before You, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Last Christmas, and Above Suspicion.
Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke
Milly, Em, Dany
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Clarke attended St Edward’s School, Oxford from 2000 to 2005 and then Rye St Antony School, Oxford. Post that, she studied at Drama Centre London from where she graduated in 2009.
- Father – Peter Clarke (Theatre Sound Engineer) (d. July 10, 2016)
- Mother – Jennifer Clarke (Vice-President for marketing at a global management consultancy firm)
- Sibling – Bennett Clarke (Older Brother) (Has worked in the entertainment industry and was also a part of the Game of Thrones crew)
Emilia is signed with Emptage Hallett Talent Agency.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emilia Clarke has dated –
- Seth MacFarlane (2012-2013) – American cartoonist, Seth had a relationship with Emilia from July 2012 to March 2013. Toofab confirmed their dating status.
- James Franco (2013) – Actor James Franco and Clarke were RUMORed to be dating in 2013.
- Cory Michael Smith (2014) – She was RUMORed to be dating American actor, Cory Michael Smith from March 2014 to late 2014.
- Jared Leto (2014) – It was rumored that she had a fling with American musician Jared Leto in the year 2014.
- Joel Fry (2014-2015) – Her partial on-screen match-up with actor Joel Fry who starred as Hizdahr zo Loraq, her third husband in Game of Thrones started a short-lived rumor.
- Jai Courtney (2015) – This time, it is an Australian actor, Jai Courtney, with whom she dated for a couple of months from February 2015 to June 2015.
- Charlie McDowell (2018-2019) – American film director and writer, Charlie McDowell’s romance with Emilia first came to the spotlight when they both posted the same pictures on their Instagram on the occasion of Emilia’s birthday in October 2018. The couple broke up in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
She is of English, Indian, German, and Welsh descent.
- Full Lips
- A big and wonderful smile
35-26-37 in or 89-66-94 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU) or 3.5 (UK)
In 2009, Emilia appeared in a commercial for charity Samaritans.
In 2020, she was made the face of Clinique.
Emilia went to a Roman Catholic school.
She is Anglican / Episcopalian.
Best Known For
Playing Daenerys Targaryen in the American epic fantasy television series, Game of Thrones since 2011. She has also received various awards for her outstanding performances.
She got her first movie in 2012, titled Spike Island for her role as Sally.
First TV Show
British television soap opera, Doctors, which was started in 2000. She appeared in this show in 2009 in just 1 episode titled “Empty Nest.”
To play Sarah Connor in the 2015 movie “Terminator: Genisys,” she did a grueling workout. She performed exercises like kickboxing, gun shooting, weight training, etc.
Her diet was also very restrictive. She used to drink one cup of tea in one day. Emilia was not allowed to eat her desired food items. She could only smell it. Check out her workout routine and diet plan.
She once said on Lena Dunham‘s popular HBO series –
“I’d give my right arm to be, like, a random extra on Girls, just to walk past one of the scenarios.”
Emilia Clarke Favorite Things
- Candy – Pick ‘n’ Mix
- TV Show – Girls (2012-Present)
- Beauty Products – Tom Ford‘s Lipstick, Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes
- Designer – Simone Rocha, Chanel
- Boot – Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane
- Bag – Bottega Veneta bag
- Chair – Martin Visser
- Jacket – Chanel
- Perfume – Le Labo Santal 33
- Jeans – Levi’s
Source – Wikia.com, Swide.com, Harper’sBazaar.com
Emilia Clarke Facts
- She was born in London and raised in Berkshire.
- Her interest in acting developed when she was three.
- In March 2013, Clarke told GQ magazine that she was not recognized when she was out, despite the huge fan following of the show – Game of Thrones.
- She has dogs named Roxy and Ted.
- To play Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, Emilia was not the first choice. Instead, it was actress Tamzin Merchant. But, after the pilot was filmed, Emilia was finalized.
- She would have been a singer, or architect or graphics designer if she were not an actress.
- Her birthdate is often wrongly reported online (on Wikipedia, IMDb, etc.) as May 1, 1987.
- She has worked at an ice cream shop in Oxford, while she was still a graduate student.
- In the Independent Critics list of 100 Most beautiful faces of 2012, she was named no. 1.
- She can also be seen at no. 88 in the AskMen’s Most Desirable Women list of 2012.
- In 2010, she appeared in the TV movie Triassic Attack as Savannah.
- She was named ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’ by Esquire magazine in 2015.
- She is sometimes called Dany due to her role as Daenerys Targaryen in the TV series Game of Thrones.
- She can also sing and play instruments like the piano, flute, and guitar.
- Clarke is good at horseback riding, tennis, running, skiing, sailing, rowing, ice skating, and even swimming.
- Emilia was offered the role of Anastasia in the movie Fifty Shades of Grey (2015). But, she turned it down as it included numerous nude scenes.
- She has faced an aneurysm twice. The first one happened in 2011 and the second one in 2013.
- Emilia has faced the problem of bullying during her school time due to her eyebrows.
- Emilia loves to travel and has been to India, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and South Africa.
- She was credited as one of the “100 Most Influential People in the World” list curated by Time magazine in 2019.
- In 2019, she started her own charity SameYou which works for young people to give them neurorehabilitation access if they face a brain stroke. For her efforts in the field, she was honored with the Public Leadership in Neurology Award by the American Brain Foundation in 2020.
- She suffered 2 brain hemorrhages in 2011 and 2013. Because of this, quite a bit of her brain is in unusable condition.