James Edward Franco
Palo Alto, California, USA
In 1996, Franco completed his schooling from Palo Alto High School in California. Later, he was enrolled into the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to major in English. He attended the University for a year and dropped out to pursue a career in acting. His parents were against his wish.
Franco is a Ph.D. candidate at Yale University.
Actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, film editor, teacher, author, musician
- Father – Douglas Eugene “Doug” Franco (d. 2011) (Businessman)
- Mother – Betsy Lou (née Verne) (Writer and actress)
- Siblings – Tom Franco (Younger Brother) (Artist), Dave Franco (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Daniel Verne (Maternal Grandfather), Mitzie Verne (Maternal Grandmother) (Verne Art Gallery Owner), Marjorie (Peterson) Franco (Paternal Grandmother) (Published author of young adult books)
James Franco is linked to these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency
- James/ Levy Management (He broke in 2013 after his partnership with them for nearly 2 decades)
Pop, pop / rock
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm (via his official website)
76 kg or 167.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Franco dated –
- Marla Sokoloff (1999-2004) – American actress, Marla Sokoloff first met Franco in 1999 during the filming of the 2000 movie Whatever It Takes and soon started dating. The duo dated for a continuous five years, before separating in 2004.
- Ahna O’Reilly (2006-2011) – After a year gap, Franco became an item with another actress, Ahna O’Reilly in 2006. The pair again dated for five years, before separating in 2011. During this time, they remain tight-lipped about their relationship but appeared together on the red carpet and other events.
- Sienna Miller (2006) – James was RUMORed to be dating the English actress, Sienna Miller in June 2006.
- Agyness Deyn (2011) – In 2011, Franco dated British model, actress, and singer, Agyness Deyn for a couple of months.
- Riccardo Tisci (2011) – In 2011, he was RUMORed to have had a fling with Italian fashion designer, Riccardo Tisci.
- Klaus Biesenbach (2011) – In 2011 again, James was romantically linked to German curator, Klaus Biesenbach. Klaus in the Chief Curator at Large at The Museum of Modern Art, New York City. However, their dating relationship was a RUMOR.
- Anne Hathaway (2011) – In 2011, the actors Anne Hathaway and James Franco were RUMORed to be an item.
- Amanda Seyfried (2012) – In 2012, James and Seyfried shot the biographical drama film Lovelace (2013) together. It was reported that the actors have taken their on-screen relationship to off-screen as well. However, this proved to be a RUMOR.
- Roger Garth (2012) – In 2012, Italian television personality, Roger Garth and James were RUMORed to be an item.
- Ashley Benson (2012-2013) – They both met on the set of “Spring Breakers” and dated each other from October 2012 until 2013.
- Kristen Stewart (2013) – The actors were RUMORed to be dating together in 2013.
- Emilia Clarke (2013) – British actress Clarke and James were RUMORed to be dating in 2013.
- Kelly Baugher (2013) – In 2013, actress Kelly Baugher and James got to know each other when Kelly was seeking employment. She is 10 years his junior and dated him for a couple of months in 2013. She first became friends with him online.
- Lana Del Rey (2014) – RUMOR
- Scott Haze (2014) – RUMOR
- Erin Johnson (2014) – In August 2014, James Franco was RUMORed to be dating LA-based model, Erin Johnson.
- Isabel Pakzad (2017-Present) – In November 2017, actors Isabel Pakzad and James started dating each other. They kept it a low profile primarily but were photographed multiple times after late 2017. In October 2018, they were seen together at Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights. She is 15 years his junior.
Race / Ethnicity
His father was of Portuguese (Madeiran) and Swedish descent, while his mother has Russian ancestry.
- He has a one-sided smile
- Often plays real-life characters
- Curly hair
- Wrinkles around his eyes
Gucci’s men’s fragrance line (2008), Guess cologne, Coach’s Men’s Fragrance (2017)
He is a Jewish. But, on being asked, if he believes in God or not, he said that he do believes, but up to a certain extent.
Best Known For
Portraying Aron Ralston in 127 Hours (2010), as Scott Smith in Milk (2008), as Saul Silver in Pineapple Express (2008), and as Harry Osborn / New Goblin in Spider-Man 3 (2007).
He is also known for his role as Franco in the medical drama TV series General Hospital from 2009 to 2012.
First Extended Play (EP)
Franco released his first EP in the year 2011″Turn It Up (feat. James Franco)” in collaboration with Kalup Linzy.
- As an Actor – He played Jason Way in 1999 romantic comedy film Never Been Kissed.
- As a Director – Franco directed the 2011 American black-and-white student film, The Broken Tower.
- As a Producer – James produced his first film in 2013 titled Kink, an American documentary film.
First TV Show
In 1997, Franco guest appeared in a crime drama series Pacific Blue for his role as Brian in an episode titled “Matters of the Heart”.
James Franco Favorite Things
- Film – My Own Private Idaho (1991)
Source – IMDb
James Franco Facts
- James is Jewish on her mother’s side.
- Franco is good at Maths.
- James has 2 pet cats named, Zelda and Sammy.
- In 2009, he was voted as the Sexiest Man Living in 2009 by Salon.com.
- 83rd Academy Awards was hosted by him and Anne Hathaway on February 27, 2011. Later, his performance was criticized and not liked by the people. Franco lacked energy and moreover, he performed under the influence of marijuana, said some reviewers.
- For the 2002 film, Spider-Man, he was originally considered for the title role as “Spider-Man”, but it went to Tobey Maguire. So, Franco was given the role as Harry Osborn, the son of Green Goblin.
- When in school, he was arrested for underage drinking, graffiti and for stealing designer perfumes and selling it to the classmates.
- He always wanted to become an actor and so he stopped his studies in between and against the wish of his parents, he went on to pursue his career in acting. During this time, his parents refused him to help him financially in achieving his dream. So, he was forced to take a late night job at McDonald’s.
- Visit his official website @ www.jamesfrancotv.com.
- Connect with him on Facebook, YouTube, Google+, and Tumblr.