|Marla Sokoloff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1980|
Marla Sokoloff is an American actress who earned a cult following at the age of 12 when she played Gia Mahan, Stephanie Tanner’s rival-turned-best friend in the television sitcom Full House (1993–1995). She gained further popularity by appearing in numerous other TV shows including Friends (2001) where she portrayed the role of Joey’s pregnant sister, Dina and later starring in several films like True Crime (1996), Dude, Where’s My Car? (2000), Sugar & Spice (2001) and Love on the Side (2004).
Marla Lynne Sokoloff
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from the County High School for the Arts in Los Angeles where she took lessons in Music and Theatre.
- Father – Howard Sokoloff (Podiatrist)
- Mother – Cindi née Sussman (Former Caterer)
- Siblings – Jared M. Sokoloff (Older Brother) (Chef)
She is represented by Danis, Panaro & Nist.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- James Franco (1999-2004) – She had first met actor Franco in 1999 during the shooting of the film Whatever It Takes (2000) and they had soon started dating. The duo dated for a continuous 5 years before separating in 2004.
- Alec Puro (2004-Present) – In 2004, she started dating Alec Puro. They tied the knot on November 7, 2009. They have 2 daughters named Elliotte Anne (b. 2012) and Olive Mae (b. 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish, Russian, and German descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Birthmark on the left side of her chin
- Expressive eyes
Marla Sokoloff Favorite Things
- Idea Of A Date Night – To catch an early movie and then walk to an incredible Sushi place, and be back home at 9
- Pastime – Working out, Spinning being her main source of cardio and BBG workouts being her preferred exercise
- Hobbies – Cooking, having prepared dinner on most nights that has consisted of nice, healthy food
- Passion – Going to Disneyland, having visited the place once every month
Source – Momtastic
Marla Sokoloff Facts
- She has recalled that she went through a rebellious stage in her teens like her character in Full House and had totally identified with Gia. She has added that she was extremely excited when she got to smoke herbal cigarettes in front of grown-ups which would be ripped out of her hand as soon as the filming was complete. She has gone on to disclose that she had managed to keep one and had shared it with her friend later, treasuring it for 2 years despite knowing that it was not even a real cigarette.
- Marla has enjoyed collecting guitars and has loved to write music.
- Regarding the challenges of raising daughters, she has stated that she has been apprehensive of her children turning to be mean people and so has made it her life’s mission to ensure they are good girls, and has been grateful to have found them to be well behaved. She has also tried to be normal with her eating habits around them and expressed her delight in food and has been normal with regards to consuming sugar or carbohydrates that many actresses have been paranoid about.
Featured Image by Marla Sokoloff / Instagram