|Manoj Joshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Manoj Joshi is an Indian film and television actor, theatre artist, and comedian who received the Padma Shri (the 4th-highest civilian award of the Republic of India) in 2018. He started his career in Marathi theatre and has since appeared in a number of films and television shows. Some of his television roles include playing Chanakya in the Colors TV historical drama series Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat, Sanjeev Saklecha in the sitcom Mangalam Dangalam, and Shriyak, Son of Shaktar in the epic historical drama series Chanakya. Moreover, Manoj Joshi’s film credits include Garam Masala, Chup Chup Ke, Phir Hera Pheri, Vivah, Aaghaaz, Devdas, Satta, Sarfarosh, Hungama, Aan: Men at Work, Hulchul, Dhoom, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, Bhagam Bhag, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam, Mere Baap Pehle Aap, Khatta Meetha, Bin Bulaye Baraati, Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji, Ready, Coolie No. 1, Dabangg 2, Khiladi 786, Hasee Toh Phasee, Dolly Ki Doli, Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Ghayal Once Again, Judwaa 2, Sanam Re, Thai Jashe!, Pappa Tamne Nahi Samjaay, Hungama 2, Kaashi in Search of Ganga, Loveyatri, PM Narendra Modi, Made in China, and Rashmi Rocket.
Himmatnagar, Gujarat, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Manoj Joshi attended Sir Jamsetjee Jeejeebhoy School of Art (Sir J. J. School of Art), one of the oldest art institutions in Mumbai. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Comedian
- Father – Navneet Joshi
- Siblings – Rajesh Joshi (July 31, 1968 – January 12, 1998) (Younger Brother) (Actor, Theatre Artist, Film Producer)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manoj Joshi has dated –
- Charu Joshi – He is married to Charu Joshi and they parent 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Manoj Joshi is of Gujarati descent.
Has frequently worked with director and producer Priyadarshan
Manoj Joshi has been cast in campaigns for BJP.
Manoj Joshi Facts
- He comes from Adpodara village near Himatnagar in Gujarat.
- Between 2004 and 2005, Manoj Joshi played Rasik (Pooja’s father) in the Hindi-language television show Ye Meri Life Hai.
- He brought to life the character of Mohan Prakash Rao in the 2006 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Chup Chup Ke, adapted from the Malayalam film Punjabi House (1998).
- Manoj Joshi appeared as Damodar Dubey in the 2009 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Billu (previously known as Billu Barber), starring Irrfan Khan, Lara Dutta, and Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2010, he was seen as Trigun Fatak (Sachin’s brother-in-law) in the Hindi-language political satire comedy film Khatta Meetha. The film is a remake of the Malayalam film Vellanakalude Nadu (1988) and it stars Akshay Kumar, Trisha, Urvashi Sharma, and Rajpal Yadav.
- Alongside Siddharth Nigam, Reem Shaikh, Mohit Raina, Soumya Seth, and others, Manoj Joshi co-starred as Acharya Chanakya in the historical drama television series Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat (English: The Great Emperor Ashoka) in 2015.
- He portrayed the character of Amit Shah in the 2019 Hindi-language biographical drama film PM Narendra Modi, loosely based on the life of Narendra Modi (the 14th Prime Minister of India).
- Manoj Joshi has worked extensively in Gujarati and Hindi theatre.
- He has served as the vice president of the Bombay Art Society.
Featured Image by Suyash Dwivedi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0