|Amit Shah Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|October 22, 1964
|Sonalben Amitbhai Shah
Amit Shah is an Indian politician who is known for becoming the Minister of Home Affairs in 2019. He has been a close ally of Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister of India, and the two have worked together on the implementation of several policies and issues related to the governance of the state.
Amit Anilchandra Shah
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He divides his time between his residences in –
- Thaltej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Krishna Menon Marg, New Delhi, India
Amit Shah studied at CU Shah Science College located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and graduated with a B.Sc. degree in Biochemistry.
Politician, Former Stockbroker
- Father – Anil Chandra Shah (Businessman, Owner of a successful PVC Pipe Business)
- Mother – Kusumben Shah
- Siblings – Aarthi Shah (Sister), Rajeshwariben (Older Sister) (Died in 2024). Amit Shah has 4 more sisters.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amit Shah has dated –
- Sonalben Amitbhai Shah – He is married to Sonalben Amitbhai Shah and the duo parents a son named Jay Shah who is a businessman and cricket administrator.
Race / Ethnicity
Amit Shah has Baniya ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Wears spectacles
Amit Shah’s Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Books – Bhagavata Purana
Source – Wikipedia
Amit Shah Facts
- He was raised in an affluent Gujarati Hindu family and his great grandfather was the Nagarseth of the small state of Mansa.
- After finishing his educational pursuits, Amit Shah started working for his family business.
- In 2010, he was accused of his involvement in the extrajudicial killings of criminal Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his wife Kauser Bi, and his criminal associate Tulsiram Prajapati and Shah was arrested on July 25, 2010, on charges including murder, extortion, and kidnapping. This was a major setback for his political career but he later denied all such allegations citing that they were politically motivated.
- Between the years 2010 to 2012, Amit Shah was exiled from Gujarat.
- He is an admirer of Chanakya, an ancient teacher, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor.
- Leaders and intellects have often accused him of using religion to manipulate the common Indian to benefit from the religious divide.
- He made a declaration in the Rajya Sabha of the Indian parliament on November 19, 2019, that the National Register of Citizens (NRC) will be implemented throughout the country. This has been a major political move for the country and the views on the matter remain divided while many protests have been held throughout the Indian democracy.
- His introduction of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 bill, in December 2019 also created quite a stir throughout India but he has insisted that the bill was not anti-Muslim.
- Amit Shah has gained a massive fan base on social media with more than 20 million followers on Twitter, more than 15 million followers on Facebook, more than 3 million followers on Instagram, and more than 20k subscribers on YouTube.
- When he went to jail in 2010, his case was fought by former Congress general secretary Nirupam Nanavaty. He was declared the winner in that legal case.
Featured Image by Captgs / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0