|Trisha Krishnan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Trisha Krishnan is an Indian actress, model, and beauty queen who has most prominently made her mark as a leading actress in the Tamil film industry. However, she has also worked in Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Hindi cinema. A few of her most notably known portrayals are that of Bhuvana in Saamy (2003), Bala in Lesa Lesa (2003), Dhanalakshmi in Ghilli (2004), Abhi in Abhiyum Naanum (2008), Jessie Thekekuttu in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010), and Priya in Endrendrum Punnagai (2013). Besides that, she also gained a vast amount of popularity with her appearance in the hit Telugu films such as Varsham (2004), Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana (2005), Aadavari Matalaku Arthale Verule (2007), and Krishna (2008).
This perfect blend of talent and beauty is also a model and beauty queen who won Miss Salem, Miss Chennai, and Miss Madras (1999) beauty pageants. She had also made it all the way through to the finale of the prestigious Miss India pageant in 2001. With time, Trisha has also garnered a huge fan base with more than 6 million followers on Twitter, more than 3.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
She divides her time between Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and the United States Of America.
Trisha studied at the Sacred Heart Matric Higher Secondary School, Church Park. Later, she had enrolled herself at the Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai where she had been pursuing a degree in Bachelor of Business Administration.
Actress, Model, Beauty Queen
- Father – Krishnan (Hotel Manager)
- Mother – Uma Krishnan
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Trisha has dated –
- Rana Daggubati – Actor Rana Daggubati and Trisha met for the first time during a photoshoot for her film Varsham (2004) when she was 18 years old. The couple dated for a short while but decided to split for unknown reasons.
Silambarasan – In the past, actor Silambarasan and Trisha were rumored to have been dating one another. However, in an interview, she stated that they were both good friends.
- Prabhas – Actor Prabhas and Trisha were speculated to have had a short fling with one another in the past.
- Dhanush – Co-stars Trisha and Dhanush were assumed to have been dating one another in the past. Making things worse was the pictures that singer and radio jockey Suchitra had exposed pictures of them while seemingly getting comfy with one another.
- Varun Manian (2015) – Businessman Varun Manian and Trisha got engaged to one another on January 23, 2015. However, the couple’s love did not last for long as sources revealed that Varun’s family did not like the idea of him marrying someone who was not of their cast. It is also believed that during the day of their engagement, there had been an argument which had started at the sight of actor Dhanush, who apparently, was someone Varun, her then-fiance did not like. Thereafter, the couple were not seen together with one another and in May that year, they announced that the engagement had been called off.
Race / Ethnicity
- She has a tattoo on her left hand.
- She has a tattoo of Nemo on the left side of her chest.
- Plush lips
- Beautiful eyes
Trisha has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- NAC Jewellers
Best Known For
- Working with some of South India’s biggest stars like Chiranjeevi, Mahesh Babu, Prabhas, Siddharth, and Venkatesh
- Her appearance as Bhuvana in Saamy (2003), Bala in Lesa Lesa (2003), Dhanalakshmi in Ghilli (2004), Abhi in Abhiyum Naanum (2008), Jessie Thekekuttu in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010), and Priya in Endrendrum Punnagai (2013).
- Receiving numerous awards including Filmfare Awards, JFW Awards, Asianet Film Awards, CineMAA Awards, and Vijay Awards
- Being closely associated with PETA and having received the opportunity to serve as a UNICEF celebrity advocate
- Receiving several beauty pageant titles such as Miss Salem, Miss Madras, and Miss Chennai
- Making it to the finals of the 2001 Femina Miss India pageant
Trisha made her debut theatrical film appearance as a friend of actress Simran Bagga in the film Jodi in 1999. However, her role was uncredited.
She made her first credited Tamil theatrical film appearance as Sandhya in Mounam Pesiyadhe in 2002.
Trisha made her first Telugu theatrical film appearance as Preethi in Nee Manasu Naaku Telusu in 2003. The film was originally shot in Tamil under the name Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003).
Trisha made her debut Kannada theatrical film appearance as Prashanti in Power in 2014.
She made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Crystal Ann Chakraparambu in Hey Jude in 2018.
Trisha does go to the gym, where she focuses on mostly maintaining and conditioning her physique. She is also a strong believer in the power of yoga, hence, she practices it on a daily basis. Trisha also leads an extremely active lifestyle that contributes to her exercise routine.
Besides that, her diet routine mostly consists of protein-packed food as well as vegetables and fruits. She also believes in the healthy secret of a glass of warm water as soon as she wakes up.
Trisha Krishnan Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – New York
- Adventure Sport – Sky Diving
- Past Time – Swimming
- Book – Stieg Larsson’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy
- Poet – Robert Frost
- Writer – Enid Blyton, Sydney Sheldon
- Actor – Ajith Kumar
Trisha Krishnan Facts
- She was raised in a family of Tamil Brahmin virtue in Chennai.
- Trisha achieved very good grades back in school.
- She can fluently converse in Hindi, English, French, and Tamil. However, Tamil is her mother tongue.
- Growing up, she sought to pursue a career in criminal psychology and did not like the idea of becoming an actress.
- Trisha found an interest in modeling and TV commercial while she was in college.
- She is a highly regarded beauty queen in the industry of modeling and fashion. She was only 16 years old when she won Miss Salem and the Miss Madras beauty contest. In the past, she had also been crowned Miss Chennai.
- Trisha was one of the finalists for the Miss India beauty pageant in 2001. Though she did not win the crown, Trisha was awarded Miss Beauty and Beautiful Smile during the preliminary rounds.
- In the year 2000, she was featured in legendary singer and songwriter Falguni Pathak’s music video for Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye.
- She was discovered after winning the Miss Madras (1999) contest. At the age of 20, she bagged her first film appearance in Jodi (2003). Despite having difficulty in studying, she did not give up and began attending summer classes in an effort to keep up with her academics.
- In October 2012, Trisha lost her father at the age of 68. Her father was on duty when he succumbed to a heart attack. He was rushed to the nearest hospital but sadly passed away while on the way.
- Trisha is obsessed with getting tattoos and has more than 3 tattoos on various parts of her body such as her back, forehand, chest, and waist. However, the most talked-about tattoos are of the animated character Nemo from the American film Finding Nemo (2003), which is inked on the left side of her chest.
- She is a passionate lover of animals and is also devoted to saving as well as caring for them. Trish is also a profound member and Goodwill Ambassador of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. In 2010, she appeared in a PSA that suggested people adopt stray dogs.
- Contributing to her fame was a clip of her showering n*de, which went viral in 2004. However, Trisha told the media that is was not her in the video. Whereas, her mother Uma stated that her daughter only bathed in a bathtub and the clothes worn by the body double were also not hers. According to sources, Trisha had also registered a case with the police Commissioner of Chennai and the cybercrime branch.
- In the past, actress Rani Mukerji had step down from being the face of Fanta after Trisha was chosen to replace her. She was also chosen as the face of TVS’s Scooty Pep+ but was later replaced by actress Preity Zinta. Besides that, she has represented other brands like Vivel Di Wills and Fairever fairness cream.
- As of 2019, she was staying with her mother and grandmother at her home in Chennai.
- Trisha’s mother has also been offered various roles by many well-known director’s including Kamal Hassan. However, she has turned them all down in an effort to only focus on building her daughter’s career.
- Trisha considers her mother to be the source of her success and strength.
- Until 2019, Trisha had won and been nominated for more than 2 dozen awards. Amongst the many were Filmfare Awards, JFW Awards, Asianet Film Awards, CineMAA Awards, and Vijay Awards.
- In her free time, she loves spending time with animals, going on adventures, traveling to different countries and places, and going scuba diving.
- Despite being a devoted Brahman, she has a lot of respect for Christianity as she had studied in a Christian school. It is said that she also visits the chapel every now and then.
- The first thing she does when she wakes up is to check her phone followed by a glass of warm water.
- If she could play a character from Game Of Thrones (2011-2019), it would be that of Daenerys Targaryen played by English actress Emilia Clarke.
- 3 books that she enjoyed reading the most were Robin Sharma’s The Monk That Sold His Ferrari (1999), Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist (1988), and Stieg Larsson’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy.
- The earliest memory she had in 2016 was when she was just a year old, she was making paper boats while in a bathtub.
- She would like to eat everything that she likes if it was the last thing that she had to do if the world was going to end.
- In 2017, she had sought out police protection after tweeting against traditional spectacle Jallikattu. Trisha had also de-activated her Twitter account during the protests.
- Trisha once snuck out of school to go and eat something at a restaurant.
- She was to choose between doing a film with Salman Khan or Rajinikanth, she would go to with the king of the south, Rajinikanth.
- A man with great cooking skills is a big turn-on for her.
- The most exotic dish she had tasted by 2016 was oysters.
- She is a certified deep-sea diver.
- Trisha is an impulsive person.
- In 2017, she was chosen as UNICEF’s celebrity advocate.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Trisha Krishnan / Instagram