Prabhas Raju Uppalapati
Tamil Nadu, India
Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
He completed his schooling from DNR School in Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh.
Prabhas earned his B. Tech degree from Sri Chaitanya College in Hyderabad.
- Father – Uppalapati Surya Narayana Raju (Producer) (Died in February 2010)
- Mother – Siva Kumari
- Siblings – Pramod Uppalapati (Older Brother), Pragathi (Older Sister)
- Others – Krishnam Raju Uppalapati (Uncle) (Actor, Politician), Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Raju (Paternal Grandfather)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
102 kg or 225 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prabhas has dated –
- Kajal Aggarwal (2010-2011) – After having seen with actress Kajal Aggarwal in movies Mr. Perfect (2011), and Darling (2010), the two of these sparked dating RUMORs.
- Sharmila – YSR Congress leader Sharmila and Prabhas were also linked together when an article about them was found of Prabhas’ website. The article was uploaded by the web designer Sreepathi Naresh and another employee, Jannapu Reddy Kartheek.
- Anushka Shetty (2015) – Prabhas was romantically linked with actress Anushka Shetty after having worked with her in films like Billa (2009), Mirchi (2013), and Baahubali film series (2015, 2017). The dating RUMORs started arising when they were seen getting cozy during a film promotional event of Baahubali.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall body frame
- Ripped physique
- Irresistible smile
Prabhas’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
His exact shoe size is unknown. But, he has a massive shoe size as S. S. Rajamouli had to order a pair of rock climbing shoes from U.S., especially for Prabhas while filming Baahubali 1.
Prabhas has appeared in Mahindra TUV300 commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Mahendra Baahubali / Shivudu / Amarendra Baahubali in the Baahubali film series.
Prabhas made his debut with 2002 Telugu movie Eeshwar where he played the title role as Eeshwar.
First TV Show
In 2009, he appeared in the Lakshmi Talk Show as himself.
He has built a personal gym at his home with the equipment bought from U.S. costing 1.5 crores.
For Baahubali, he gained 20 kilos of muscle mass by working out 6 hours a day with exercises divided into early morning and evening sessions. In the morning, he focused more on cardio and did 1 and a half hours of cardio.
His daily diet included eating 6 meals a day after an interval of about 2 hours. He mainly ate fish, 40 egg whites, fresh veggies, and almonds. Overall, his calorie intake was up to 4,000 calories a day.
Other forms of workout, he does are free hand exercises and playing volleyball (which also acts a stress-buster for Prabhas).
Prabhas Favorite Things
- Actor – Robert De Niro
Source – DNA India
- As per film director S. S. Rajamouli, Prabhas is very lethargic off-screen.
- He rejected over 6000 marriage proposals which he received in between 2012 and 2017.
- He is the youngest in his family, having 2 siblings.
- While working on the Baabhubali movie, he had run out of money. But, the film producers provided him with sufficient funds.
- Prabhas reportedly increased the price of a brand endorsement per year to 10 crore rupees after the success of the Baahubali film series.
- Prabhas didn’t desire to become an actor. He always wanted to be a businessman.
- He gave his 100% to the Baahubali film series and didn’t sign any other movie for a period of 5 years.
- Prabhas is an avid reader and has maintained a library at home.
- He does not like caging birds and has maintained a garden at his home where he has many pet birds.
- Visit his official website @ prabhas.com.
- Connect with Prabhas on Facebook.