|Draupadi Murmu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1958|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Draupadi Murmu is an Indian politician and former teacher who is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). She served as the 9th Governor of Jharkhand from 2015 to 2021 and became the 1st governor of Jharkhand to complete the 5-year term. Draupadi Murmu also became the official nominee of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) for the 2022 presidential election and the first person, man or woman, belonging to a scheduled tribe, to be nominated for the post of President of India. She has also served as the vice-president of Bharatiya Janata Party’s Scheduled Tribes Morcha.
Baidaposi, Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India
Draupadi Murmu studied at the Rama Devi Women’s College located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
Politician, Former Teacher
- Father – Biranchi Narayan Tudu
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Draupadi Murmu has dated –
- Shyam Charan Murmu – She was married to the late Shyam Charan Murmu. The duo had 2 sons (both deceased) and a daughter named Itishri Murmu.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Pierced nose and ears
Draupadi Murmu Facts
- Her grandfather served as the village headman under the Panchayati Raj system.
- Before becoming a politician, Draupadi Murmu was a teacher.
- In 1997, she was elected as the councilor of Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat.
- Draupadi Murmu became the first female Governor of Jharkhand as well as the first female tribal leader from Odisha to get appointed as a governor in an Indian state.
- She received the Nilkantha Award for “Best MLA” from the Odisha Legislative Assembly in 2007.
Featured Image by Ministry of Tribal Affairs / Government of India / Government Open Data License – India (GODL-India)