|Arvind Kejriwal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1968|
Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian Politician who became the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi in 2015. He is famous for being a part of the anti-corruption movement which involved the implementation of the Jan Lokpal Bill along with Anna Hazare in 2011. He has won various awards for his contribution to social service and politics. A documentary titled An Insignificant Man was made on him in 2017 by director Khushboo Ranka and Vinay Shukla that got caught up in a legal battle but eventually released in theatres for 8 weeks.
Siwani, Haryana, India
He completed his education from Campus School in Hisar and at a Christian missionary Holy Child School at Sonipat. He later completed his graduation from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in Mechanical Engineering.
- Father – Gobind Ram Kejriwal (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Gita Devi
- Siblings – Manoj Kejriwal (Brother), Ranjana Kejriwal (Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arvind has dated –
- Sunita Kejriwal (1995-present) – Arvind and Sunita got married in 1995 and they have a son and daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Round face
Arvind Kejriwal Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Food – Kadhi, Indian food
- Actor – Aamir Khan
- Movies – Comedy Films
Arvind Kejriwal Facts
- He was an employee of Tata Steel after graduating from IIT.
- He was born in an upper-class middle educated Agrawal family and joined the Indian Revenue Service in 1995.
- Arvind starts his day with yoga and is a firm practitioner of Vipassana.
- He takes a vegetarian diet.
- He has also worked with Mother Teresa.
- Arvind has also been a bureaucrat before and has led activist movements along with Anna Hazare.
- He used to teach kids in slums during his college days.
- Arvind is known to sleep for only 4 hours a day.
- He won the Raymon Magsaysay Award in 2006.
- He wanted to join the police services but qualified for the Indian Revenue Service.
- Arvind is known to give his office colleagues surprise treats like samosas and ice cream.
- He donated his Magsaysay award money to an NGO.
- Arvind is known to be a very down to earth person. He doesn’t like luxuries and lives a very simple life.
- His party, Aam Aadmi Party was formed after the Jan Lokpal Bill movement that led to a rift between him and activist Anna Hazare.
- He once resigned as the Delhi Chief Minister in 2014 after 49 days but was re-elected as the CM.
- He doesn’t like to celebrate his birthday nor his children’s birthday.
- In 2011, he along with Anna Hazare went on a strike against corruption and urged the government to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill which eventually failed.
- His party Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) was launched on November 12, 2011.
- He has a habit of reading and checking each and every document before signing.
- He is known to be a cool-headed person and doesn’t get angry.
- Arvind is very much attached to his Blue Wagon-R.
- He is the national convener of the Aam Aadmi Party that came to power in Delhi in 2015.
- Arvind was the Joint Commissioner of Income Tax in New Delhi before he entered into politics.
- He cleans his own desk and doesn’t have a peon in his office.
- His wife is also an IRS officer.
- He had interests in social service and politics right from his college days.
- Despite having a car, he prefers to use the Delhi metro for his day-to-day work.
- His JEE AIR was 563.
- In January 2022, he was tested positive for COVID-19. He had mild symptoms of coronavirus and had quarantined himself in his home.
- In October 2022, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal was invited to celebrate Dussehra in Delhi’s Red Fort ground by the famous Lav Kush Ramlila Committee. Actor Prabhas and President Droupadi Murmu were also the other 2 chief guests.
Featured Image by Rajinder Pal Singh Brar / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0