|Hrithik Roshan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1974|
Hrithik Roshan is an Indian actor who is one of the highest-paid actors in India and is known for his remarkable dance skills. He has been cast in roles like Rohit/Raj Chopra in Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai, Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar in Jodhaa Akbar, Arjun Saluja in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Ethan Mascarenhas in Guzaarish, Vijay Deenanath Chauhan in Agneepath, Altaaf Khan in Mission Kashmir, Rohit in Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage, Rohan Raichand in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…, Prem Kishen Mathur in Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, Rohit Mehra in Koi… Mil Gaya, Karan Shergill in Lakshya, Krishna Mehra/Krrish and Rohit Mehra in Krrish and Krrish 2, Sarman in Mohenjo Daro, and Anand Kumar in Super 30. Throughout his career, he has won several awards, including at least six Filmfare Awards – 4 for “Best Actor” and one each for “Best Debut” and “Best Actor (Critics)”. Also, he has established himself as a style icon in India and topped The Times of India‘s listing of “50 Most Desirable Men” in 2010 and ranked among the top five for the next 5 years as well as has been regularly featured in the magazine Eastern Eye‘s listing of the “50 S*xiest Asian Men”.
Hrithik Roshan Nagrath
Duggu (coined by his grandmother), Bolunath, HR, HRx
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Hrithik attended Bombay Scottish School at Mahim in Mumbai. Finally, he went to Sydenham College to earn a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
- Father – Rakesh Roshan (Film Director)
- Mother – Pinkie Roshan
- Siblings – Sunaina Roshan (Older Sister)
- Others – Roshanlal Nagrath (Paternal Grandfather) (Music Director), J. Om Prakash (Maternal Grandfather) (Producer and director), Rajesh Roshan (Uncle) (Music Director)
He has been signed to Exceed Entertainment.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hrithik Roshan has dated –
- Kareena Kapoor Khan (2001) – Actors Hrithik and Kareena Kapoor were RUMORed to be dating in the past. Starting from 2001, he has appeared in several films with Kareena Kapoor Khan such as Yaadein (2001), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001), Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003), Mujhse Dosti Karoge! (2002), and many others.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (2006) – In 2006, Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan appeared in the action thriller film Dhoom 2 and were RUMORed to be dating together. They later again appeared together in Guzaarish (2010).
- Sussanne Khan Roshan (2000-2014) – On December 20, 2000, Hrithik married fashion designer Sussanne Khan (daughter of actor, director, and producer Sanjay Khan). She knows him since the age of 12. They were among the same friend circle. Hrithik used to like her, but couldn’t confess his feelings due to shyness. She later became his girlfriend for four years (before marriage). The couple has 2 sons – Hrehaan (born in March 2006) and Hridhaan (born in May 2008). After a long 17 year relationship, the couple split on December 13, 2013. Their divorce was finalized on November 1, 2014, by Bandra family court in Mumbai.
- Kangana Ranaut (2013-2014) – The actors Kangana Ranaut and Roshan were romantically linked to each other from 2013 to 2014. They had started dating after working together on the movie Krrish 3.
- Pooja Hegde (2016) – Hrithik was rumored to be dating actress Pooja Hegde in 2016.
- Saba Azad (2022) – In 2022, Roshan was rumored to be dating Indian actor, dancer, and musician, Saba Azad.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi and Bengali descent.
- Attractive personality
- Two thumbs on the right hand
Hrithik Roshan’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
9 (UK) or 10 (US) or 43 (EU) (via India Today)
Omega watches, Honda bikes, Indian clothing line “Cinnamon”, Coca-Cola in India, Intel, iBall Slide, Acer laptops, Mountain Dew, Liberty Shoes, RADO Watches, Reliance watches, J Hampstead, Joy Alukkas Jewellers, Sony Ericsson Mobiles, Bounce Infinity E1 Scooters (2021), Zomato (2022), HeroMoto’s Karizma XMR (2023), and the list goes on.
Best Known For
Acting in superhero film series Krrish as Krishna “Krrish” Mehra / Rohit Mehra, as Aryan / Mr. A in action thriller film Dhoom 2 (2006).
Hrithik debuted with the 2000 romantic thriller film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai for his role as Rohit / Raj Chopra. He won Filmfare Award in two categories – “Best Actor”, and “Best Male Debut.”
First TV Show
In 2011, he was appointed as the judge of Star Plus’s dance reality competition series Just Dance. The other judges were Vaibhavi Merchant and Farah Khan.
Hrithik was paid INR 17.5 million per episode for this show, which is the highest in the television industry.
He works out in the presence of personal trainer Kris Gethin. He made an amazing body before Krrish 3 (2013), which he later again flaunted in Bang Bang (2014).
Hrithik Roshan Favorite Things
- Holiday Destinations – London (United Kingdom), Phuket (Thailand)
- Footwear – Shoe with laces
- Restaurant – J W Marriott’s Spanish restaurant Arola
Source – IndiaToday.in, Rediff.com
Hrithik Roshan Facts
- Hrithik has two thumbs on his right hand.
- Zayed Khan is his former brother-in-law.
- He used to stammer as a child. Due to this, he often bunked classes during oral tests.
- In November 2013, he launched his own casual wear brand HRx. HRx is a joint venture between The Wild East Group and Exceed Entertainment.
- He is the fifth Indian actor to have his statue at London’s Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. It was installed on January 20, 2011. Later, another statue was placed at Washington, D.C. in 2012.
- He debuted as a playback singer in 2010 with his own film “Kites.”
- In 2011, for judging the dance competition reality show, “Just Dance”, he was paid a whopping 17.5 million INR per episode. This makes him the highest-paid Bollywood actor in television entertainment. Also, for Ashutosh Gowariker’s drama film Mohenjo Daro, he was again paid the highest sum of 500 million INR.
- He is excellent at dancing.
- Roshan has several pets at home. He has Puggy (pug dog), Paris (beagle dog), Pearl (cat), and Tiger (cat). Now, Puggy and Pearl have died.
- He (as well as ex-wife Sussanne) has a tattoo on his wrist about a six-point star with a red circle in the center.
- He is good friends with the actor, director, and producer Farhan Akhtar.
- Hrithik was offered a role in Swades, and Siddharth’s role in Rang De Basanti, but he did not accept it.
- He is a certified diver and had played underwater diving scenes, bull chasing, and skydiving scenes in the film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
- He used to call his late grandmother “Dida.”
- He loves reading books.
- His first watch was a Swatch, which was a gift from his then-girlfriend Sussanne Khan.
- He used to previously smoke a lot of cigarettes. He quit smoking after reading Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking.
- His first pay was Rs 100, which he got from his maternal grandfather for dancing in the 1980 film Aasha. He purchased 10 Hot Wheels cars with that money at that time.
- Hrithik was offered the role of Vincenzo Roccara Squarcialupi Brancaleon in the Hollywood film The Pink Panther 2 (2009). However, he was not satisfied with the character and declined it. The role was finally played by Andy Garcia. Had Hrithik accepted the role, he would have made his Hollywood debut with this film.
- In 2019, he portrayed the character of Anand Kumar, a mathematician who opens a program named Super 30 where he teaches 30 ill-fated students for IIT at free cost, in the biographical drama film, Super 30.
- During the film shooting of Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000), Hrithik used to come in his Maruti car on the set while the lead actress of the film, Ameesha Patel would come in a Mercedes car, for which she received some criticism from people and she was called arrogant.
- In August 2022, Roshan was involved in a controversy after he was seen in a Zomato ad in which he was seen ordering a ‘food thali’ from Ujjain’s ‘Mahakal’. According to the priests from Ujjain’s Mahakal temple, it offended the Hindu sentiments. However, Zomato said that the ad referred to Ujjain’s Mahakal Restaurant and was not at all related to Shree Mahakaleshwar Temple.
- In March 2023, Hrithik starrer Bang Bang (2014) was released in Japan, 9 years after it was released in India. People loved it and made many Instagram reels and YouTube shorts on Uff and Tu Meri songs and even danced in movie theaters.
- Hrithik’s dad Rakesh revealed in March 2023 that Hrithik was told by doctors that he won’t be able to build a great physique because of an issue with the spinal cord. However, he took it as a challenge and started exercising with books and gradually replacing books with dumbbells.
- Roshan shot for 26 hours non-stop from 9 am to 10-11 am the next day for the song Dhoom Again from Dhoom 2. He needed to look ripped, hence he had reduced his food and water intake. However, after finishing the shoot of the song, he ate 2 buckets full of chocolates and junk food.
- Roshan won the Best Actor award for Vikram Vedha at the IIFA Awards 2023 held in Abu Dhabi, UAE in May 2023.
- In October 2023, Hrithik shared his physical transformation pictures on social media which was his hard work of 5 weeks. He used to go to bed strictly by 9 p.m. During those 5 weeks, he avoided his loved ones, friends, school PTMs, social occasions, and even extended working hours.