|Deepika Padukone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 1986|
Deepika Padukone is an Indian actress, model, and producer known for her poise and grace. Initially known as the Liril girl, she walked the ramp in the Lakme Fashion Week (2005) and appeared in the print campaign of Kingfisher Calendar (2006), marking her presence in the fashion world. Known for her humility, the Padmavati actress is a favorite among her fans and critics. She has mostly been one of the first choices of most tier 1 directors especially as seen in the case of Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Her grounded approach to take criticism in her stride and acknowledging compliments with equal grace makes her the most looked-upon celebrity.
In 2015, Deepika exhibited courage by choosing to speak publicly about her depression and her journey through it. She showed her fans that it is okay to take counseling to fight depression and founded The Live Love Laugh Foundation. Married to her co-actor Ranveer Singh, she is also busy producing movies and designing her own clothing line for women.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Deepika Padukone attended Sophia High School in Bangalore and completed her pre-university studies at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore.
Deepika was enrolled in Indira Gandhi National Open University in Bachelors of Arts (Sociology) when she got her first film. She had to quit the degree in between.
To learn more about acting, she went to Anupam Kher‘s film academy called Acting Prepares.
Actress, Former Model, Producer
- Father – Prakash Padukone (Former Badminton Player)
- Mother – Ujjala Padukone (Travel Agent)
- Siblings – Anisha Padukone (Younger Sister; born on February 2, 1991) (Golfer)
- Others – Ramesh (Paternal Grandfather) (Secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association), Jagjit Singh Bhavnani (Father-in-law), Anju Bhavnani (Mother-in-law), Ritika Bhavnani (Sister-in-law)
She is represented by Kwan Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Mumbai, India.
She signed with ICM Partners (Hollywood Talent Agency) in January 2021.
Padukone is also managed by Danielle Robinson from Alan Siegel Entertainment in the United States.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Deepika has dated –
- Muzammil Ibrahim (2004) – She was engaged to actor Muzammil Ibrahim briefly in 2004.
- Nihar Pandya – Deepika dated her first boyfriend Nihar when she was not well known as an actress (mainly during her modeling days) and broke out to better focus on her acting career. But, a couple of years later, she was again spotted with Nihar.
- Upen Patel (2006-2007) – She started going out with the UK-born actor and model Upen Patel in 2006 but the duo parted ways the following year.
- Ranbir Kapoor (2007-2008) – Ranbir and Deepika remained an item for quite some time. They had appeared together on-screen in the 2008 film Bachna Ae Haseeno.
- Yuvraj Singh (2008) – Deepika, when she was still an emerging actress dated Indian cricketer, Yuvraj Singh briefly nearing 2008. The relationship ended when Yuvi started interfering in Deepika’s personal matters on what to wear and with whom she should meet.
- Siddharth Mallya (2010-2012) – For about two years, from March 2010 to February 2012, the actress Deepika and business tycoon Siddharth Mallya were an item. They split after Deepika ended the relationship citing “irreconcilable differences in class and status”.
- Ranveer Singh (2013-Present) – Ram-Leela (2013) co-star, Ranveer Singh was RUMORed to be dating Deepika at that time. They had been seen getting cozy during the parties multiple times. But, neither of the party confirmed their relationship. But, they admitted about their relationship with time. In November 2018, the couple tied the knot at Lake Como, Italy in a traditional Konkani ceremony.
- Novak Djokovic (2016) – It was speculated that she had a fling with the Serbian professional tennis player, Novak Djokovic, in the year 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She was born to Konkani parents (originating from Goa and coastal Karnataka).
- Dimpled smile
- Attractive personality
34-24-36 in or 86-61-91.5 cm
She has endorsed brands like Liril, Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste, Limca, Jewels of India, Parachute’s Advanced Massager, Levi Strauss (India) Pvt. Ltd., Maybelline, OZiva Plant-based nutrition (2021), etc.
Best Known For
Having the best body in business and her first film in Bollywood opposite Shah Rukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om in 2007 for which she got the ‘Filmfare Best Female Debut Award’.
First Fashion Show
Deepika debuted on the runway at Lakme Fashion Week in 2005 when she walked for designer Suneet Varma.
2006 Kannada language film ‘Aishwarya’ for her role as ‘Aishwarya’. In 2007, she appeared in the hit Hindi film Om Shanti Om for her role as ‘Shantipriya/Sandhya (Sandy)’.
Deepika has always been active in sports, especially badminton since her childhood. Then on the 10th, she decided to become a model. So, she was lean and eating right as a kid and is practicing the same ritual.
You can also read more about her diet and workout routine.
Deepika Padukone Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – South Indian Food, particularly, Dosa, Upma
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), The Color of Paradise (1999), Cinderella Man(2005), Mary Poppins (1964)
- Favorite Actors – Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actress – Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi
- Favorite Indian Designers – Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal
- Favorite Color – White and Mauve
- Favorite Perfume – Hugo Boss
- Favorite Book – Little Women
- Favorite Holiday Destination – France
Source – IMDb
Deepika Padukone Facts
- Deepika Padukone loves music, eating, sleeping, and watching movies and played badminton at the national level until the 10th standard.
- Deepika, in 2009, started writing weekly columns for HT City, the lifestyle section of the Hindustan Times. These columns appear online on the Desimartini website.
- Deepika was awarded the title “Model of the Year” at the fifth annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards in 2005.
- At the age of 1, she shifted to Bangalore, India from Denmark with her family.
- As a child, she was a socially difficult person. So, she didn’t have many friends.
- She has played badminton at the national level too.
- It is said that her younger sister Anisha liked playing all kinds of sports except badminton in childhood.
- When in the 10th standard, she decided to become a professional model.
- She has founded an organization in India – The Live Love Laugh Foundation to bring awareness about mental health.
- She has faced the problem of depression in her life. It is after overcoming depression that she founded the Live Love Foundation.
- Deepika made her debut in Hollywood with XXX: Return of Xander Cage (2017) starring opposite Vin Diesel.
- Filmfare has complimented her saying that she is an actress who dares to experiment with colors, cuts, and silhouettes.
- She starred as Malti Aggarwal, an acid-attack survivor fighting for a ban on the sale of acid, in the 2020 Hindi-language drama film, Chhapaak.
- In September 2020, she was summoned by the Narcotics Control Bureau in relation to the Sushant Singh Rajput case and her involvement in drugs.
- As the Sushant Singh Rajput’s death controversy surfaced, she was repeatedly targeted by fellow actress Kangana Ranaut. The latter even took several digs at Padukone’s work related to creating awareness for depression and mental health and stated that depression is a “consequence of drug abuse”, a statement that was heavily criticized by critics.
- On January 1, 2021, Deepika deleted all her Instagram and Twitter posts which had over 52 million followers and over 27 million followers respectively at that time.
- Deepika was the first choice to play Aarfa Hussain in Sultan (2016). However, she rejected it and it was finally played by Anushka Sharma.
- Small Wonder (1985-1989) was her favorite show, growing up. Vicki (the robot) was her favorite character from that show.
- In May 2021, it was revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19. After recovering, she revealed in an interview in January 2022 with Anupama Chopra on Film Companion that she became physically unrecognizable after that because of steroids and overall medicines, she was given to treat coronavirus.
- In July 2022, Ranveer and Deepika purchased a new house, a quadruplex (on the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th floors) for INR 118.94 crore. With this, they became the neighbors of Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- In July 2022, Instagram content creator Rijuta Ghosh Deb got famous for being the doppelganger of Deepika Padukone.
- In November 2022, she started her self-care brand 82E (pronounced Eighty-two East) which was launched after 2 years of effort. She co-founded the company with Jigar K Shah. However, some fans found the brand costly as the sunscreen was priced at INR 1,800 and the moisturizer at INR 2,700.
- In December 2022, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra found Deepika’s outfit objectionable (she was wearing a saffron bikini) in the song Besharam Rang from Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika starrer film Pathaan after the song’s release. He urged them to modify the song otherwise, the film’s release would be affected.
- On December 18, 2022, Deepika unveiled the FIFA World Cup 2022 trophy with former Spanish footballer Iker Casillas (FIFA World Cup 2010 winning captain) at Lusail Stadium in Qatar before the final match between Argentina and France.
- Pathaan (2023) starrer Deepika, Shah Rukh Khan, and John Abraham, which was released on January 25, 2023, film became the highest-grossing first day for Deepika with a collection of INR 55 crore nett in India and later broke many records.
- In February 2023, she was announced as one of the award presenters of the Oscars 2023. In March 2023, she made her Oscars red carpet debut.
- For the film Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar (2023), Deepika was the first choice of director Luv Ranjan. However, she dropped out of the film after Ranjan’s name came in the sexual misconduct. Deepika’s fans wanted her to reject the film offer. #NotMyDeepika was also trending on Twitter. Finally, Shraddha Kapoor was signed.
- In March 2023, Deepika’s Oscars 2023 look was shared by Getty Images on their website as Camila Alves who is a Brazilian model and actor Matthew McConaughey‘s wife. That image was then shared by Vogue magazine.
- In March 2023, a fan named Prateek Verma showcased his love for the actress by getting her initials and autograph inked on his arm.
- Deepika was once criticized for auctioning the kurta she wore to Jiah Khan‘s funeral in 2013. She was selling it for ₹8,000 so that she would donate that money to charity. However, people wanted Deepika to donate that cloth itself.
- In May 2023, Deepika was featured on the cover of Time magazine.
- In September 2023, it was revealed that Deepika had invested in the specialty coffee brand, Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters.