|Camila Alves Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1982|
|Spouse||Matthew David McConaughey|
Camila Alves is a Brazilian model and designer who married American actor Matthew McConaughey in 2012.
Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Los Angeles, California, United States
Model, Fashion Designer
- Father – is a farmer
- Mother – is an artist and designer
These are her talent agencies –
- Ace Models
- Premier Model Management
- Bleu Model Management
- UNO Models – Barcelona & Madrid
- Imm Europe – Dusseldorf
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her net worth has been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camila Alves has dated –
- Maxwell (2004) – She was romantically involved with American singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Maxwell in the year 2004.
- Matthew David McConaughey (2007-Present) – She met American actor Matthew David McConaughey in 2006 and they started dating the following year. Camila got engaged to Matthew on Christmas Day 2011 and they married on June 9, 2012, in Texas, United States. They have 3 children – a son named Levi (b. July 7, 2008), a daughter named Vida (b. January 3, 2010), and another son named Livingston McConaughey (b. December 28, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Brown (as registered by her talent agencies)
Brown (as registered by her talent agencies)
34-23-34 in or 86-58-86 cm
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Camila has walked the ramp and advertised for Billabong, Chopard, Christian Dior cosmetics, Datelli, Harley-Davidson, Levi’s, Mango, Neiman Marcus, Pinko, Shell, and Target.
Best Known For
Marrying American actor Matthew McConaughey
She has not sung any songs. She just appeared in music videos – ‘Because of You’ by Neyo, and ‘Pulling Me Back’ by Chingy.
First TV Show
Camila’s debut television show is the Ready to Wear – Spring/Summer 2008 fashion show.
She regularly goes to the gym to keep herself fit and stay in shape.
Camila Alves Favorite Things
- One Of Her Favorite Memories From Growing Up In Brazil – Being in the kitchen with her family and watching everyone bake and cook
- One Of Her Favorite Holidays With The Kids – Easter
- Snack – Taco-inspired sundae that she created for Whole Foods Market in honor of National Ice Cream Day.
- Book – Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Games (To Play With Family) – Monopoly and Charades
- Singers – Bob Marley, Lauryn Hill
- Children’s Book – Just Try One Bite
- City To Visit (With Family) – London
- City To Visit (With Girlfriends) – New York City
- Workout – Via Ferrata Climbing
- Movie (In Which Matthew Has Acted) – Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
- Room Of Her House – Kitchen
Camila Alves Facts
- Camila spent her childhood between the beaches of Bahia and the farmlands of Minas Gerais.
- Camila, at the age of 15, went to Los Angeles, California, United States to visit her aunt’s home. But, never returned back.
- She has worked as a waitress and house cleaner for 4 years.
- At 19, she moved to New York to pursue a career in modeling.
- She has her own line of fashion bags called Muxo.
- She graced various magazine cover pages with her appearance like Brazil’s Homem Vogue (2009), Greece’s Elle (2006), Spain’s Yo Dona (2009), US’s DC Modern Luxury Magazine, and others.
- She hosted the 3rd season of the reality TV show Shear Genius on Bravo TV.
- She was raised by her mother.
- Camila says “I don’t spend a lot of money on things, but I love jewelry”.
- Camila and Matthew have 2 dogs and a cat. In January 2021, the couple adopted a new puppy.
- She has said, “I was never the girl that grew up saying I want to get married. I actually told my parents to not expect me to get married.”
- Camila loves collecting pottery and also table settings such as plates and bowls.
- Her son Livingston once gifted her a bracelet on Mother’s Day. That gift quickly became her favorite gift and she started wearing it daily.
- She makes the tasty honey chicken. Its recipe is available on her Women of Today.
- In 2010, she and her husband Matthew started their own charity called Just Keep Livin’ Foundation.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the charity donated 100,000 face masks to hospitals in Texas.
- On August 4, 2015, she became a U.S. citizen. On the same day, British actress Emily Blunt also got her American citizenship.
- Tequila is her go-to liquor.
- Harvesting at her uncle’s coffee farm was her first job.
- “This too shall pass” is the best piece of advice she has ever received.
- She can make flower arrangements. This is her secret talent.
- Her most prized possession is her necklace which was created by Matthew himself with the birthstones of all the 3 kids (along with their names) and Matthew’s owns.
- Taco bar or pasta Bolognese is the easiest dish for her to make for her kids.
- The first-ever concert she attended was by Fala Mansabut (a Brazilian folk band).
- She has a lot of shoes in her wardrobe.
- She prefers tea over coffee. She has tried this tea called MUD\WTR with MCT oil.
- She gets inspiration from almost every person she meets because some people inspire her on what to do and others inspire her on what not to do.
- In November 2022, Camila suffered a neck injury after falling down the stairs.
- You can visit her official website at www.mymuxo.com.