|Emily Blunt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1983|
Emily Blunt is a British actress and voiceover artist who rose to fame with her role as Emily Charlton in the 2006 American comedy-drama film, The Devil Wears Prada, in which she co-starred alongside Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Stanley Tucci, Simon Baker, and Adrian Grenier. She gained critical acclaim with her performance in the film and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award as well as a BAFTA Award in 2007. Blunt has also gained recognition with her work in projects like Edge of Tomorrow, The Girl on the Train, A Quiet Place, A Quiet Place Part II, Into the Woods, Gideon’s Daughter, Mary Poppins Returns, Looper, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Young Victoria, Your Sister’s Sister, and Sicario.
Emily Olivia Leah Blunt
Emily, Emster, Snath, Blunto & Emily Sharp
Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom
Brooklyn Heights, New York City, New York, United States
Emily did her schooling at Ibstock Place School, Roehampton. She had her higher education from a private sixth-form college i.e. Hurtwood House, Surrey. The college is best known for its arts program.
Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Oliver Simon Peter Blunt (Barrister)
- Mother – Joanna Blunt (Teacher, Ex-Actress)
- Siblings – Felicity (Sister), Sebastian (Brother), Suzanna (Sister)
- Others – Major-General Peter Blunt (Paternal Grandfather), Adrienne Richardson (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Dixon (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Evelina Hodgson (Maternal Grandmother), Crispin Blunt (Paternal Uncle) (Conservative Member of Parliament for Reigate)
She has been represented by –
- Chris Andrews from Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- The Artists Partnership, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Drama, Musical or Comedy
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Blunt has dated –
- Michael Bublé (2005-2008) – A Canadian singer. The actress shared a 3-year affair with the singer. Both met at Logie Awards, Melbourne. The couple shared a home together in Vancouver, Canada. However, the affair ended in 2008.
- John Krasinski (2008-Present) – Moving on from her broken relationship with the Canadian singer Michael, Emily started dating American actor John Krasinski. The duo got engaged in 2009 and married on July 10, 2010, in Como, Italy. The couple is living a happy married life since then. They parent 2 daughters, namely, Hazel Krasinski (b. February 16, 2014) and Violet Krasinski (b. June 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Emily Blunt is of English, Scottish, and Welsh descent.
Emily’s striking eyes and Beautiful hair combined with her adorable accent clearly differs her from other ladies.
34-23-35 in or 86-58.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Emily is best known for her acting skills in films like The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Young Victoria (2009), The Adjustment Bureau (2011), and Looper (2012).
First Theatrical Performance
The Royal Family, in Sir Peter Hall’s Production. She was cast opposite Judi Dench.
First TV Show
Boudica (2003), a British film Television. She played the role of “Isolda”.
My Summer of Love (2004). It was a British drama film directed by Pawel Pawlikowski. She played the character of ‘Tamsin’. It was a story of deception and lesbian love.
Stuart Amory, In-Kilter Fitness
Emily Blunt’s Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Pizza.
- Favorite Book – Sister by Rosamund Lupton
- Favorite TV Show – Oprah
- Favorite Cartoon Character – Popeye
Emily Blunt Trivia
- She is the second child of the Blunt family.
- She won Golden Globe Award in 2007 for her acting in BBC’s Gideon’s Daughter.
- Her father is one of the high profile barristers in England. Her father had an annual estimated income of £1 million.
- She was named Best Newcomer by The Evening Standard for her performance in “The Royal Family”.
- In 2002, she performed in two plays for two different theaters –
- ‘Vincent in Brixton’ by Nicholas Wright at National Theatre. Role – Eugenie
- ‘Romeo and Juliet’ by Indhu Rubasingham at Chichester Festival Theatre. Role – Juliet
- She received praise for her acting as 16th-century queen Catherine Howard in the UK TV drama ‘Henry VIII’ in 2003.
- She received Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer for her acting in her debut film ‘My Summer of Love’. She shared the award with her co-star Natalie Press.
- She was named Best Female Scene-Stealer in the end-of-summer special issue of Entertainment Weekly for her acting in ‘The Devil Wears Prada’.
- She has practiced transcendental meditation.
- She co-presented the award for Best Costume Design with her Prada co-star Hathaway at 79th Academy Awards.
- She rejected the offer of David Auburn for his film ‘The Girl In The Park’.
- She is allergic to cats.
- She was the one who was first offered the role of Marvel Superhero Black Widow. However, she turned it down which was later played by Scarlett Johansson.
- She has acrophobia i.e. the fear of heights.
- In 2020, she co-starred as Rosemary Muldoon in the American romantic drama film, Wild Mountain Thyme, alongside Jamie Dornan, Jon Hamm, Dearbhla Molloy, and Christopher Walken.
- She has been good friends with James Corden.
- She is not on social media.