|Jamie Dornan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1982|
Jamie Dornan is an Irish actor, voiceover artist, model, and musician who has gained acclaim by modeling for the likes of Hugo Boss, Dior Homme, and Calvin Klein. He was ranked at number #1 on the “25 Biggest Male Models of All Time” list by Vogue in 2015 and has been called “the Golden Torso” by The New York Times. Moreover, Dornan has also established himself in the acting industry and is known for his roles like Christian Grey in the Fifty Shades franchise, The Huntsman/Sheriff Graham Humbert in Once Upon a Time, Paul Spector in The Fall, Jan Kubiš in Anthropoid, Pat Quinlan in The Siege of Jadotville, and Paul Conroy in A Private War.
Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Notting Hill, London, England, United Kingdom
Jamie studied at Methodist College in Belfast. He was part of the rugby team and took part in the drama.
He attended Teesside University from where he dropped out to pursue an acting career.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Model, Musician
- Father – Jim Dornan (Obstetrician, Gynecologist, Professor) (Passed away in 2021)
- Mother – Lorna Dornan
- Siblings – Liesa Dornan (Older Sister) (Has worked for Disney in London), Jessica Dornan (Older Sister) (Fashion designer based in Falmouth, Cornwall, England)
- Others – James Dornan (Paternal Grandfather), Clara/Clare Dunn (Paternal Grandmother), John/Jack Bradley Jordan (Maternal Grandfather), Jean Crawford (Maternal Grandmother), Greer Garson (First Cousin), Samina (Stepmother) (Gynaecologist, Obstetrician)
Jamie Dornan has been signed to –
- United Agents Ltd.
- United Talent Agency
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamie Dornan has dated –
- Sienna Miller – James dated the well-known English actress Sienna Miller.
- Keira Knightley (2003–2005) – James met Keira at a photoshoot in New York in August 2003. Dornan and Keira split up in August 2005 after being in a relationship for two years.
- Lindsay Lohan (2006) – It was RUMORed that he hooked up with American actress, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, and television personality Lindsay Lohan in May 2006.
- Kate Moss (2006–2007) – In April 2006, James started dating the English model Kate Moss. Their relationship lasted for one year till 2007 and then Jamie and Kate parted ways.
- Mischa Barton (2007) – Dornan dated the English actress Mischa Barton for a short while.
- Amelia Warner (2007–Present) – Dornan started dating Amelia in November 2007. The couple spent 5 years in a relationship and got married on April 13, 2013. The couple has 3 daughters named Dulcie (b. November 2013), Elva (b. February 2016), and Alberta (b. 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
Jamie Dornan is of Northern Irish and Irish descent.
- Blue eyes
- Charismatic personality
Jamie was a model for the well-known clothing brand Calvin Klein and was the face of the Dior Homme campaign.
He has also signed a contract with the Italian brand Armani.
Best Known For
- James is known for appearing in the movie Marie Antoinette (2006) playing Axel von Fersen. Dornan is also known for appearing in the TV series Once Upon a Time (2011 – 2013) playing Sheriff Graham Humbert and The Fall (2013 – 2014) playing Paul Spector (a serial killer).
- In 2015, he became even more famous for his role as Christian Gray in the movie Fifty Shades of Gray.
Dornan first appeared in the movie Marie Antoinette in 2006, playing the character of Axel von Fersen.
First TV Show
Jamie showed up in the TV series Once Upon a Time (2011 – 2013) acting as The Huntsman /Sheriff Graham Humbert. He shows up in a total, of 9 episodes.
As a Musician
He has two singles – Fairytale which was released in 2005 and My Burning Sun which was released in 2006.
If you are willing to know more about Dornan’s workout and diet, you can visit HERE.
Jamie Dornan Favorite Things
- Directors – Pedro Almodovar, Tim Burton
- City – New York
- Movie – Badlands (1973), Robin Hood (Disney) (1973), Terminator (1984, 1991, 2009, 2015), Die Hard (1988), Annie Hall (1977)
- Writer – Paul Auster
- TV Show – Breaking Bad (2008-2013), Lost (2004-2010), True Detective (2014-)
- Cereal – Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters
- Scene to film – The negotiation scene
- Toy – The glider
- Books – The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit
- Childhood Movie – Bugsy Malone (1976)
Source – Jamie-Dornan.org, JDornanlife.blogspot.com (Interview), JustJared.com
Jamie Dornan Facts
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United.
- Jamie’s mother was diagnosed with cancer and passed away when he was 16. In March 2021, his father passed away due to coronavirus.
- Dornan has been diagnosed with asthma. He always carries his inhaler with him.
- Jamie loves beer and can open the bottle cap with his teeth.
- Jamie once stated that he can do anything for love. He took his girlfriend to Venice for their relationship anniversary.
- He is able to run a 100 meters sprint in about 11 seconds.
- He hates horror movies.
- From 2013 to 2016, he was cast as Peter Paul Spector in the crime drama television series, The Fall, and this role won him the “Breakthrough Award” at the Broadcasting Press Guild Awards and the Irish Film and Television Awards for “Best Lead Actor – Television” and “Rising Star”.
- Dornan has his own football team called Bangor Football Club.
- He doesn’t like tabloids.
- Dornan enjoys listening to folk music and preparing barbecues.
- For his role in Fifty Shades Freed, he bagged the People’s Choice Award for “The Drama Movie Star of 2018”.