Isleworth, Greater London, England
To hone her acting and stage performance skills, Preeya Kalidas got enrolled at the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London. Later, she also took training from the Songtime Theatre Arts (which has been renamed as The British Theatre Academy).
Actress and singer
- Father – He works as an independent financial advisor.
- Mother – Worked with the British Airways.
- Siblings – Unknown
Preeya Kalidas is represented by –
- London based Cole Kitchenn Personal Management Ltd
- The Artists Partnership
World Music, dance, pop
Sony Classical, Mercury Records
5 ft 0¾ in or 154 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Preeya Kalidas has dated
- Marc Elliot (2009-Present) – Preeya Kalidas started going out with actor Marc Elliot in 2009. They had first met on the sets of the TV series, EastEnders. While shooting for the TV series, they eventually became affectionate with each other. Marc made their relationship public in June 2009 in an interview with Female First, in which he confessed that his new girlfriend was even picking clothes for him. They have opted to keep their relationship relatively low key and have rarely appeared together at the public events. It was even reported that they had got engaged, which proved to be false. There also have been false rumors of them having got married.
- Conor Maynard (2013) – In 2013, YouTuber Conor Maynard and Preeya Kalidas were rumored to be dating each other. They were seen leaving Brit Awards together in February 2013. But, Conor disproved this rumors and only claimed to be good friends.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Gujarati ancestry.
- Short stature
- Curvaceous figure
- Prominent nose
33-26-32 in or 84-66-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Preeya Kalidas hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Amira Masood in the popular and long-running BBC soap opera, EastEnders.
- Having appeared in a host of movies such as Bend It Like Beckham, Bollywood Queen, and East is East.
As a Singer
In 2002, she performed her single, Shakalaka Baby. The song was composed by Oscar-winning music producer A. R. Rahman and was featured in the musical Bombay Dreams.
In 1999, she made her theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the sci-fi movie, Virtual Sexuality.
First TV Show
In 2001, Preeya Kalidas made her first TV show appearance in the comedy-drama series, Metrosexuality.
Preeya Kalidas’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Preeya Kalidas Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Preeya Kalidas Facts
- She started taking lessons for Ballet dancing at the age of 3. She gave up ballet lessons by the time she reached the age of 8.
- Preeya was enrolled in classes to learn tap dancing at the age of 5.
- In 2011, her record contract with Universal Records was scrapped due to the poor sales of her single, Shimmy.
- At 17, she auditioned for a role in the classical musical, Miss Saigon. However, she was turned down.
- She didn’t do very well in the initial auditions for Bombay Dreams. However, she did well on the second try, which involved impressive rendition of Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon.
- At the age of 10, she became a part of the West London theatre group, Song Time.
- She had first auditioned for work in EastEnders at 17 years of age. However, she didn’t manage to impress enough.
- She eventually found herself in the cast of EastEnders after having impressed casting director Julia Crampsie due to her performance in the Bombay Dreams.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Preeya Kalidas / Instagram