|Franco Nero Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 23, 1941|
Franco Nero is an Italian actor, producer, director, voice actor, and writer who rose to fame by playing the titular role in the Spaghetti Western film Django (1966). He is also known for his roles in other films like Camelot, The Bible: In the Beginning…, Sardinia Kidnapped, A Quiet Place in the Country, Tristana, The Mercenary, The Virgin and the Gypsy, The Day of the Owl, Confessions of a Police Captain, Enter the Ninja, Compañeros, The Fifth Cord, Last Days of Mussolini, Force 10 from Navarone, White Fang, Street Law, Challenge to White Fang, High Crime, Keoma, Kamikaze 1989, John Wick: Chapter 2, Red Bells II, Die Hard 2, The Versace Murder, Megiddo: The Omega Code 2, Bathory: Countess of Blood, Letters to Juliet, Dante’s Inferno: An Animated Epic, Battle of Neretva, and Cars 2.
Francesco Clemente Giuseppe Sparanero
San Prospero Parmense, Parma, Italy
Franco Nero studied at the Piccolo Teatro di Milano.
Actor, Producer, Director, Voice Actor, Writer
- Others – Sir Michael Redgrave (March 20, 1908 – March 21, 1985) (Father-In-Law) (Stage Artist, Film Actor, Director, Manager, Author), Rachel Kempson (May 28, 1910 – May 24, 2003) (Mother-In-Law) (Actor), Lynn Rachel Redgrave (March 8, 1943 – May 2, 2010) (Sister-In-Law) (Actor), Corin William Redgrave (July 16, 1939 – April 6, 2010) (Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Political Activist)
Franco Nero has been signed with –
- Agence Anne Alvares Correa, Talent Agency, Paris, France
- Gavin Barker Associates, Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $10 Million.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Franco Nero has dated –
- Vanessa Redgrave – He began his romantic association with English actor Vanessa Redgrave in 1967 and their son named Carlo Gabriel Redgrave Sparanero (known professionally as Carlo Gabriel Nero), a screenwriter and director, was born in 1969. The duo eventually parted ways for many years before reuniting and getting married on December 31, 2006.
- Catherine Deneuve (1970) – Franco Nero was romantically involved with French actor, model, singer, and producer Catherine Deneuve in 1970.
- Nathalie Delon (1971-1972) – In 1971, he started dating French actor and model Nathalie Delon but the duo parted ways the following year.
- Carroll Baker (1973) – He had an affair with American actor Carroll Baker in 1973.
- Goldie Hawn (1975) – It was RUMORed that Franco Nero had an encounter with American actor, dancer, producer, and singer Goldie Hawn in the year 1975.
- Ursula Andress (1976) – He dated Swiss-German actor and former model Ursula Andress in 1976.
- Mauricia Mena – Franco Nero once had an affair with Mauricia Mena and she later filed a paternity suit in court against him in Colombia in December 1987, claiming that Nero had fathered her son Franquito with her following a brief romantic affair.
Race / Ethnicity
Franco Nero is of Italian and Romani descent.
Salt and Pepper
Franco Nero Facts
- His parents were from San Severo (Foggia, Apulia).
- Franco Nero co-starred as Lancelot du Lac in the 1967 musical fantasy drama film Camelot. This role got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award for “Most Promising Newcomer – Male”.
- He appeared as Deputy D.A. Traini in the 1971 crime-drama film Confessions of a Police Captain and this performance won him the Italian Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor”.
- Franco Nero was awarded a star on the Italian Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 2011.
- He has worked with many noted directors including Carlo Lizzani, Damiano Damiani, Luigi Zampa, Luis Buñuel, Elio Petri, Michael Cacoyannis, Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Claude Chabrol, and Marco Bellocchio.
- Alongside Keanu Reeves, Common, Laurence Fishburne, Riccardo Scamarcio, Ruby Rose, Lance Reddick, Peter Stormare, Bridget Moynahan, John Leguizamo, and Ian McShane, Franco Nero co-starred as Julius (the owner and manager of the Continental Hotel in Rome) in the 2017 action thriller film John Wick: Chapter 2.
Featured Image by Omid Vahabzadeh / Fars Media Corporation / CC BY 4.0