|Laurence Fishburne Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1961|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Laurence Fishburne is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Jason “Furious” Styles in Boyz n the Hood, Morpheus in The Matrix series, Tyrone “Mr. Clean” Miller in Apocalypse Now, Ike Turner in What’s Love Got to Do With It, and “The Bowery King” in the John Wick film series. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Two Trains Running, TriBeCa, The Color Purple, School Daze, Mystic River, King of New York, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Black-ish, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, All the Old Knives, Death to 2020, The Muppets, For Us the Living: The Medgar Evers Story, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Thurgood, The Lion in Winter, Short Eyes, and Two Trains Running. For his acting skills, Laurence has been honored with several awards such as the Emmy Award, Tony Award, Saturn Award, and MTV Movie Award.
Laurence John Fishburne III
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Fishburne did his schooling from New York’s High School of the Performing Arts.
He graduated in acting from the Lincoln Square Academy, New York.
Actor, film director, film producer, playwright
- Father – Laurence John Fishburne Jr. (Juvenile Corrections Officer)
- Mother – Hattie Bell (née Crawford) (Mathematics and Science Teacher)
- Others – Montana Fishburne (Daughter), Delilah Fishburne (Daughter), Langston Fishburne (Son)
His career is managed by Paradigm Talent Agency.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
89 kg or 196 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laurence Fishburne dated –
- Hajna O. Moss (1985-1992) – In 1985, Laurence Fishburne and actress Hajna O. Moss tied the knot in New York. The two separated and got divorced in 1992. They had two children from the marriage. Their son Langston Fishburne was born in 1987 and daughter Montana Fishburne was born in 1991.
- Victoria Dillard (1992-1995) – He was in a relationship with actress Victoria Dillard from 1992 to 1995.
- Gina Torres (2001-2016) – Laurence Fishburne and actress Gina Torres met each other and got engaged in February 2001. Their marriage ceremony took place at The Cloisters museum in New York City on September 22, 2002. The actor’s spokesperson Alan Nierob declared that they were expecting a baby and daughter Delilah Fishburne was born in June 2007. They separated in September 2016 and filed for divorce in November 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- His dominant voice in his roles
- Intelligent roles in films
- Shakespearean speech
- Gapped front tooth
10 (US) or 43 (EU)
He was seen in the Tanqueray gin print advertisement that had the “Distinctive Since 1971” tagline.
In 2003, he appeared in a DirecTV TV commercial. The same year in June, he was seen in The DISH Network TV commercial.
He did a voiceover for the FedEx TV commercial.
In January and February 2014, he worked in a Kia K900 automobile TV commercial. In March 2014, he appeared in the Armchair TV commercial Kia K 900 car in which he was seen in his The Matrix trilogy role of Morpheus.
Best Known For
Appearing in the 1979 war film Apocalypse Now, the 1991 drama film Boyz n the Hood, and as Morpheus in The Matrix trilogy (1999, 2003, 2003).
He was the first African-American to play Othello in Shakespeare’s play’s film adaptation in 1995 by Oliver Parker.
He is also known for the portrayal of Dr. Raymond Langston in the CBS TV series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation from 2008 to 2011 and special agent Jack Crawford in NBC TV series Hannibal from 2013 to 2015.
His first movie was the drama film Cornbread, Earl and Me (1975) in which he played the role as Wilford Robinson. Laurence was just 13 years old at the time.
First TV Show
In 1973, he appeared in his first TV show. He portrayed the character of Dr. Joshua “Josh” Hall #1 on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live.
First Stage Performance
His first stage performance came when he was only 10 years old. It was In My Many Names and Days in a Manhattan theater.
His first professional stage performance was in 1976 when he played the role of Solomon Barton in Eden.
Laurence Fishburne Favorite Things
- Author – Paulo Coelho
- Book – The Alchemist
- Place – Cliff Bell’s in Detroit
Source – Wikipedia, Fox 2 Detroit
Laurence Fishburne Facts
- He started his career as a bouncer in punk rock clubs during the early 1980s.
- The space suit that he wore in Event Horizon (1997) weighed 65 pounds and he nicknamed it Doris.
- Fishburne resides in Hollywood and also has a house in New York City.
- His fans often mistake him for Samuel L. Jackson while Jackson is often mistaken for Fishburne.
- He earned $15 million and 3.75% gross from his The Matrix (1999-2003) film series.
- He is one of the founding members of the Guggenheim Motorcycle Club. This group is known to provide rides to several art museums worldwide.
- His character Ray Langston in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000) was named after his older son.
- His daughter Montana Fishburne is a known adult actress and uses the stage name of Chippy D.
- He became the first African-American actor to portray the character of a newspaper editor and Clark Kent’s boss Perry White in a Superman film.
- For his acting and humanitarian work, he received the Artist of the Year award from the Harvard Foundation at the Cultural Rhythms annual show on February 24, 2007.
- He is a very private person just like his co-star Paul Reubens.
- He is an ambassador of the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), a humanitarian organization for children.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts’s mayor Kenneth Reeves awarded the actor a ‘key to the city’ and February 24 has been declared as the Laurence Fishburne day for Cambridge.
- Laurence has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Isaiah Reed in True Crime: New York City, Morpheus in Enter the Matrix, and Dr. Raymond Langston in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation – Deadly Intent.
- He has been featured in the music videos of songs such as Cameo’s Attack Me with Your Love and Robert Brookins’s Come to Me.
- Laurence is not on social media.