|Paul Reubens Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1952|
|Date of Death||July 30, 2023|
Paul Reubens was an American comedian, actor, producer, and writer who was synonymous with the man-child character of Pee-wee Herman. The popular character developed a cult following through the television series, Pee-wee’s Playhouse (1986-1990) and Tim Burton‘s film, Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985).
Paul Reubens, Pee-wee Herman
Paul Reubens was born on August 27, 1952.
Paul Reubens passed away on July 30, 2023, at the age of 70 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was diagnosed with cancer 6 years earlier. It was later revealed that he had died from a complication of cancer that is known as acute hypoxic respiratory failure.
Peekskill, New York, United States
Paul attended Sarasota High School in his hometown. He attended Plymouth State University for a semester and later enrolled at Boston University and the California Institute of the Arts.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Producer
- Father – Milton Rubenfeld (Pilot) (Died in 2004)
- Mother – Judy Rosen (Teacher)
- Siblings – Luke Rubenfeld (Younger Brother) (Dog Trainer), Abby Rubenfeld (Sister) (Attorney)
Paul’s net worth was $5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul had dated –
- Brooke Ashley
- Valeria Golino (1988) – RUMOR
- Elizabeth Daily – RUMOR
- Chandi Heffner – He had a mock wedding with Chandi Heffner in 1989.
- Debi Mazar (1991-1993) – Paul dated Debi Mazar for a few years from 1991 until 1993.
Race / Ethnicity
He had Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, he had been rumored to be ‘Gay’.
- Essaying the character of Pee-wee Herman replete with a cartoonish voice, ill-fitting gray glen plaid suit, and a red bow tie
- Massive ears
Paul Reubens Favorite Things
- Film – Pollyanna (1960)
Source – Wikipedia
Paul Reubens Facts
- He was a member of the comedy troupe called The Groundlings for 6 years in the 1970s.
- Paul based the character of Pee-wee Herman on the children’s show host, Pinky Lee.
- The rapper Eminem spoofed him in his hit 2004 music video of Just Lose It.
- Paul was charged with child po**ography in 2002. However, the charges were eventually dropped in March 2004.
- He was close friends with Robin Williams and Joan Rivers.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0