|Dean-Charles Chapman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1997|
|Girlfriend||Nell Tiger Free|
Dean-Charles Chapman is an English film, television, and stage actor who is very popular for his roles on screen. He is best known for his role in the stage play Billy Elliot, which changed over time. He didn’t appear as the lead role of Billy Elliot when he started in the original London performance, but he later took over the lead role in the year 2009 and has been the longest ever playing the role of Billy Elliot since then. Before Dean-Charles Chapman became very popular, he appeared on screen in a British children’s television program called Fun Song Factory and another titled The Story Makers. Dean has appeared on television shows such as the BBC shows Cuckoo and Casualty.
A very important role Dean-Charles Chapman played that boosted his fame was in HBO’s fantasy television series Game of Thrones. In the series, he was cast for the 3rd season in the role of Martyn Lannister. Chapman later returned for season 4, playing the role of Tommen Baratheon which he did all through till the 6th season before his character suffered a tragic fate. He also played the lead role of Stanley Brown in the CBBC sitcom The Revolting World of Stanley Brown and starred as Castor in the AMC martial arts drama series Into the Badlands. Chapman was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” for his role in Game Of Thrones in 2017 along with other top cast members of the show.
Essex, England, United Kingdom
Dean-Charles Chapman attended Colin’s Performing Arts School in his hometown of Essex, England in 2006 where he studied both Drama and Dance.
- Siblings – Dolly (Sister)
Dean-Charles Chapman is managed by –
- Troika Talent Agency (Talent Agency), London, England, United Kingdom
- Kat Gosling (Agent)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dean-Charles Chapman has dated –
- Nell Tiger Free (2015-Present) – Dean-Charles met actress Nell Tiger Free as a cast of the HBO television series, Game of Thrones. In the series, they are the siblings – King Tommen Baratheon and Myrcella Baratheon, the children of incest by Cersei and Jaime Lannister. In the show, the two have barely had any scenes together, but they can be seen hanging out together. They’ve been in a relationship for several years and seem to be having a good relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Wide smile
- Large ears
Dean-Charles Chapman has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Billy Elliot in the West End theatre production of Billy Elliot the Musical
- Starring as Tommen Baratheon in the 4th, 5th, and 6th seasons of the HBO drama series Game of Thrones and Stanley Brown in the CBBC sitcom The Revolting World of Stanley Brown (2012)
Dean-Charles Chapman made his theatrical film debut as Adam in the movie Before I Go to Sleep in 2014.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut in 2007 as William Mulhern on the television show, Casualty.
Dean-Charles Chapman Facts
- He is known for his natural speaking voice which has an Essex accent from where he was born and grew up. In his movie roles, he sometimes changes from his original accent to suit the role that he’s playing.
- He has been living with his sister, Dolly since they were very young and moved together with the family.
- Dean left the show, Billy Elliot in the summer of 2006, to study both drama and dance at Colin’s Performing Arts School in his hometown of Essex, England. He then returned after a 2 and half years absence to play the role of a best friend to Billy Elliot.
- Dean-Charles Chapman remained the 2nd longest-serving cast member of the production and the longest-serving Billy Elliot.
- In season 4 of Game of Thrones, Chapman replaced the actor Callum Wharry as the character Tommen Baratheon.
- He played 2 roles in the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones and both roles involved people from the same family. In the 3rd season, Chapman played the role of Martyn Lannister, before playing the role of Martyn’s cousin, Tommen Baratheon in the 4th, 5th, and 6th season.
- In 2006, his idols were James Lomas, George Maguire, and Liam Mower who were the first people to ever play the role of Billy Elliot anywhere. At that time, between 2005-2006, Chapman was portraying the role of ‘Small Boy’ in the play.
- He co-starred with Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman in the 2014 thriller, Before I Go to Sleep.
- During his last performance as Small Boy in Billy Elliot, Chapman promised his fans that he’d be back. Indeed, he came back better than he left, having gone through a lot of training to become the next Billy.
- While acting on Billy Elliot, Chapman became known as “Ballet Billy” because he usually danced ballet on stage. It was something most people hadn’t seen and it gained him more popularity.
- On November 12, 2011, Dean-Charles Chapman played the role of Billy Elliot for the 191st and final time, the longest time anyone had ever being on the show. Members of the audience were his family, friends, and fans. They came to give Chapman their best wishes as he prepared to take a step further into the entertainment world.
- Follow Dean-Charles Chapman on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Dean-Charles Chapman / Instagram