|Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1972|
Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is a wrestler turned actor. In college, he used to play football and was a national champion. Following the stride of his grandfather and father, he then entered wrestling. He signed with WWE (at that time, it was known as WWF) and wrestled under the ring name ‘The Rock’. As a result of his family profession, he became the first third-generation wrestler in WWE history. After that, he entered show business (acting) and his first film in a lead role was The Scorpion King (2002) for which he received US$5.5 million (a world record by an actor to receive such a huge amount for his first lead role in a film).
Dwayne Douglas Johnson
Nick Name / Ring Name
The Rock, Flex Kavana, Rocky Maivia, The People’s Champion, The Brahma Bull, The Great One, The Corporate Champion
Hayward, California, USA
Dwayne attended Richmond Road Primary School in Auckland, New Zealand. After that, he returned to U.S. with his parents and finished 10th grade from President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Johnson also went to the University of Miami to earn a degree in criminology.
Retired professional wrestler, actor
- Father – Rocky Johnson (Professional wrestler) (Passed away in 2020)
- Mother – Ata Johnson (née Maivia)
- Siblings – Curtis Bowles (Brother), Wanda Bowles (Sister)
- Others – Peter Maivia (Maternal Grandfather) (Wrestler), Lia Maivia (Maternal Grandmother) (Wrestling’s female professional promoter), Tanoai Reed (Cousin) (Professional stuntman, Actor)
Dwayne’s managers include –
- Vince McMahon
- Shane McMahon
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm (Billed height)
His real height is considered to be 6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
119 kg or 262 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dwayne dated –
- Dany Garcia (1996-2008) – The wrestler met American businesswoman, Dany nearing May 1996 in the University of Miami and soon started dating her. He married her on May 3, 1997 (a day after Johnson’s birthday). The couple has a daughter together named, Simone Alexandra (b. August 14, 2001). They separated in a friendly manner on June 1, 2007. Their divorce was finalized in May 2008. He had revealed that he would like to spend the rest of his life with his ex-wife, Dany as friends.
- Lauren Hashian (2007-Present) – The Rock then started dating singer Lauren Hashian in 2007. They had first met during the filming of The Game Plan in 2006. He then spent holidays in Hawaii with the singer Lauren Hashian. The couple welcomed their first daughter named, Jasmine on December 16, 2015. The couple had another child, a daughter named, Tiana Gia Johnson on April 17, 2018. They decided to get married on August 18, 2019, in Hawaii, U.S.
- Irina Shayk (2015) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Johnson’s mother is of Samoan heritage while his father has Canadian ancestry.
- His signature moves (listed below)
- Eyebrow trademark
The Rock may have the following measurements –
- Chest – 50 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 19 inches
- Legs / Thighs – 31 inches
Dwayne wears a shoe of size 14 (US).
The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation
Best Known For
Working for WWE as a wrestler until August 2019. He is known as one of the professional wrestlers of all time.
He co-starred in the 1999 102 minutes long documentary film, Beyond the Mat as himself. The movie features the lives of professional wrestlers outside the ring.
First TV Show
Johnson guest appeared in American television period sitcom, That ’70s Show for his role as Rocky Johnson in the episode no. 15 of season 1 titled “That Wrestling Show”.
His trainers include his father Rocky Johnson, Pat Patterson, and Tom Prichard. Read about his workout routine and diet plan.
- Finishing Moves
- People’s Elbow / Corporate Elbow
- Rock Bottom
- Running shoulder breaker
- Sharpshooter (adopted from Bret Hart)
- Signature Moves
- Float-over DDT
- Flowing snap DDT, sometimes followed by a kip-up
- Running swinging neck breaker
- Running thrust lariat
- Samoan drop
- Jumping clothesline
- Snap overhead belly-to-belly suplex, sometimes to an oncoming opponent
- Spinebuster, usually followed by a People’s Elbow
Dwayne Johnson Favorite Things
- Food – Donuts, pizza
Source – ChaCha Search Engine
Dwayne Johnson Facts
- He did his wrestling debut in 1996.
- He had lived briefly in New Zealand with his mom and her mom’s family. But, finally moved to the United States.
- He had opened a charity for at-risk ill children called “The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation” in 2006.
- Dwayne also donated $1 million to the University of Miami so that they can improve their football facilities.
- He was on the college football team.
- In 2017, The Rock donated $25,000 for the relief efforts of Hurricane Harvey.
- “The Game Plan” (2007) was the last movie to use his ring name “The Rock”.
- While filming the 2004 movie “Walking Tall”, Dwayne actually (but accidentally) smashed the rear lights of a Porsche car.
- The Rock won his first WWF belt in 1997 and he was the youngest wrestler to do so at the time at just 24.
- Dwayne’s cousin Tanoai Reed has served as a stunt double for Johnson in many of his movies.
- In September 2020, he endorsed Joe Biden for the 2020 U.S. Presidential election.
- He has worked with numerous charities including Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- To renovate the football facilities, he (along with his ex-wife) donated $1 million to the University of Miami in October 2007.
- In September 2020, he revealed that he, his wife, and 2 daughters had caught the COVID-19 virus. But, all of them recovered fully with time.
- He joined hands, in March 2016, with fitness brand Under Armour to launch ‘Project Rock’.
- Dwayne was the highest-earning actor of 2020 as per Forbes with $87.5 million earnings followed by Ryan Reynolds at #2 with $71.5 million earnings.
- On October 8, 2020, The Rock crossed 200 million followers on Instagram.
- Dwyane owns the tequila brand Teremana.
- Towards the end of 2020, Dwayne became the highest-paid celebrity for sponsored posts on Instagram with over $1,000,000 charge per sponsored post dethroning Kylie Jenner as per data via Hopper HQ.
- With $87.5 million in earnings, Dwayne was the 10th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In 2021, he purchased a 17,630 square feet mansion in Beverly Hills for $27.8 million.
- In 2021, during an interview of Sunday Today with Willie Geist, Dwayne revealed that he was often mistaken for a girl when he was a child because of his really soft features and soft Afro hair.
- In March 2021, Dwayne had launched the Zoa energy drink alongside business partner Dany Garcia, Dave Rienzi, and managing partner at Juggernaut Capital, John Shulman.
- In 2021, Dwayne was ranked #1 on People magazine’s list of 100 Reasons to Love America.
- Around 2018, Emily Blunt gave a funny nickname to Johnson which is Toots.
- In August 2021, Dwayne found out his lookalike who was Patrol Lieutenant named Eric Fields of the Morgan County Sheriff’s Dept.
- In October 2021, Dwayne made his rapping debut on Tech N9ne’s single, Face Off.
- In 2021, as per Hopper HQ’s 2021 Instagram Richlist (and also Forbes India), Dwayne was charging $1,523,000 per sponsored post on Instagram where he had over 275 million followers. He was only behind Cristiano Ronaldo in that list.
- In 2021, The Rock was ranked #49 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- During the 2021 People’s Choice Awards, Dwayne was honored with the “The People’s Champion” award.
- In 2022, as per Hopper HQ’s list, Johnson was earning $1,713,000 per sponsored post on Instagram which made him the 5th highest-paid celebrity on Instagram.
- In February 2023, Dwayne’s mother Ata was involved in a car crash that left her vehicle totaled. Fortunately, she didn’t suffer any major injuries.