|Ryan Reynolds Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1976|
Ryan Reynolds is a Canadian actor, voiceover artist, film producer, and entrepreneur who is known for his on-screen roles like Wade Wilson/Deadpool in Deadpool and Deadpool 2, Andrew Paxton in The Proposal, Wade Wilson/Weapon XI in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Hal Jordan/Green Lantern in Green Lantern, Mitch Planko in The Change-Up, Paul Conroy in Buried, E. Randol Schoenberg in Woman in Gold, Van Wilder in National Lampoon’s Van Wilder, and Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity.
Ryan Rodney Reynolds
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ryan attended and graduated from Kitsilano Secondary School in Vancouver in the year 1994. Later, he enrolled himself into Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Richmond but dropped out afterward.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Film Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – James Chester Reynolds (Food Wholesaler)
- Mother – Tamara Lee (née Stewart) (Retail Salesperson)
- Siblings – Jeff Reynolds (Older Brother), Terry Reynolds (Older Brother), Patrick Reynolds (Older Brother)
- Others – Chester Ambrose “Ches” Reynolds (Paternal Grandfather) (A farmer and politician who represented Stettler in the Legislative Assembly of Alberta from 1940 to 1944), Helen Mary Long (Paternal Grandmother), Dr. Neil Alexander Stewart (Maternal Grandfather), Verna Margaret “Peggy” Vandervoort/Van der Vert (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Maximum Effort Production, Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Reynolds has dated –
- Melissa Joan Hart (1996) – In 1996, American actress Melissa Hart and Ryan dated briefly. They worked together onscreen in the series Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- Traylor Howard (1998-1999) – Ryan dated American actress Traylor Howard from September 1998 to May 1999. She is 10 years older than him.
- Kristen Johnston (1999-2000) – For about five months (from August 1999 to January 2000), Ryan was romantically linked to another American actress Kristen Johnston.
- Rachael Leigh Cook (2001) – Reynolds dated actress Rachael Leigh Cook for a couple of months in 2001.
- Alanis Morissette (2002-2007) – Then, in 2002, he caught the attention of fellow singer Alanis with whom he started dating in 2002. After two years of dating together, the duo engaged in June 2004. During his relationship, he felt that he was already married to Alanis, which he revealed in an interview. They finally separated in February 2007.
- Scarlett Johansson (2007-2011) – Scarlett and Reynolds started dating in April 2007 (a couple of months after Ryan split from Alanis). They announced their engagement in May 2008. Later, in that year (September 27, 2008), the couple married secretly in Tofino, British Columbia. They separated in December 2010, which Ryan announced on December 14, 2010. Their divorce was finalized on July 1, 2011.
- Agnes Fischer (2011) – Ryan was RUMORed to be dating German model Agnes Fischer in February 2011. She acted in the film Safe House (2012).
- Sandra Bullock (2011) – It was rumored that he had a fling with his The Proposal co-star Sandra Bullock in 2011.
- Charlize Theron (2011) – In 2011, he was rumored to have hooked up with actress and producer Charlize Theron.
- Blake Lively (2011-Present) – Green Lantern co-stars Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively started dating in October 2011. They first met on the Acela Amtrak train going from New York to Boston, where Blake had to shoot for “Gossip Girl” and Ryan to shoot for the 2013 movie “R.I.P.D” along with Jeff Bridges. Lively married Ryan Reynolds on September 9, 2012, at Boone Hall in South Carolina. In June of 2012, they purchased a cottage in Bedford, New York for $2 million. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named, James Reynolds in December 2014. In September 2016, Ryan and Blake welcomed their second child, daughter Inez Reynolds, and the duo’s 3rd daughter Betty was born in 2019. In September 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their 4th child together. In February 2023, Blake announced that they had welcomed their 4th child.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, Scottish, Northern Irish, Luxembourgish, English, and Dutch descent.
- Muscular build
- Sense of humor
Ryan Reynolds’ body specifications maybe –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 43.5 (EU)
In February 2022, Ryan had done voiceover work for the character of Grimace in McDonald’s “2022 Super Bowl” commercial.
Though he is Roman Catholic, he also believes that religion is something that destroys good in this world.
Best Known For
Playing Hannibal King in the 2004 vampire superhero action film Blade: Trinity, George Lutz in the 2005 horror film The Amityville Horror, Wade Wilson / Deadpool in the 2009 superhero film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, as Hal Jordan / Green Lantern in the 2011 superhero film Green Lantern.
Reynolds debuted with the 1993 Canadian film Ordinary Magic for his role as Ganesh / Jeffrey.
First TV Show
From 1991 to 1993, Ryan Reynolds appeared in YTV’s teen drama Hillside (also known as Fifteen in the United States) for his role as Billy Simpson. During the show’s entire run, 65 episodes were broadcasted and Ryan was a part of each one of them.
Bobby Strom is the man behind Reynolds’ body. Ryan has been working with him for more than 8 years now. Get to know about Ryan Reynolds workout schedule and diet plan.
For Deadpool, he worked under the guidance of Don Saladino.
Ryan Reynolds Favorite Things
- Perfume – Le Labo
Source – People
Ryan Reynolds Facts
- Two of his older brothers have worked in law enforcement in British Columbia while one of them has served in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
- He has played a lot of rugby. He played this sport for about nine years while growing up.
- His first dog’s name was Caesar.
- He had his first kiss during sixth or seventh grade with Deanna, his classmate.
- He is very optimistic. He thinks if he would have been a pessimist, he would have never reached this level (as he would have quit in the early stages).
- He is very good at repairing his motorcycle.
- He is a big fan of the American football team Green Bay Packers.
- He used to work in a grocery store before becoming an actor.
- In November 2019, Ryan bought a stake in the mobile carrier Mint Mobile. As a co-owner of the company, he kept his salary at $15 a month. In March 2023, Mint Mobile was acquired by T-Mobile for $1.35 billion.
- In August 2020, Ryan had purchased a spirit brand, Aviation Gin (Aviation Gin LLC and Davos Brands LLC) from Diageo for $610 million.
- He was the second-highest-paid actor of 2020 as per Forbes with $71.5 million earnings. The #1 spot was held by Dwayne Johnson.
- In 2020, along with actor Rob McElhenney, Ryan became the co-owner of a Welsh Soccer Team, Wrexham AFC.
- In 2020, Ryan told a young fan that his favorite thing to cook in the kitchen is cookies.
- In November 2020, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively donated $250,000 to Covenant House in Vancouver and Covenant House in Toronto each. The Covenant House works for the homeless, at-risk, and trafficked youth in Canada.
- With $71.5 million in earnings, Ryan was the 18th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In January 2021, he started appearing on a Snap Originals show Ryan Doesn’t Know which aired under Snapchat’s Discover feature.
- In March 2021, on the occasion of St. Patrick’s Day, he watched his own movie Green Lantern for the first time.
- In March 2021, he had received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In May 2021, Ryan had invested in the Canadian online investment management service, Wealthsimple. With this, the company was valued at C$5 billion (or US$ 4 billion. Drake had also invested in this company.
- He struggles with anxiety.
- In June 2021, Blake and Ryan’s Group Effort Initiative had merged with LA Mayor Eric Garcetti‘s Evolve Entertainment Fund.
- Ryan had uploaded his first video on TikTok on June 30, 2021. This day marked his official entry on TikTok.
- In August 2021, Ryan and Blake donated $10,000 to help in the aftermath of the earthquake that hit Haiti on August 14, 2021.
- In October 2021, Ryan announced that he was taking a break from movie-making after finishing his latest movie.
- Ryan’s salary for the Netflix film Red Notice was revealed as $20 million.
- In December 2021, during an appearance on the Dear Hank and John podcast, Ryan revealed that he often gets mistaken for Ben Affleck.
- In January 2022, Ryan, Blake, Rob McElhenney, and Kaitlin Olson donated almost $11,000 to Welsh soccer player Jordan Davies and Kelsey Edwards’ GoFundMe page in honor of their late son.
- In February 2022, Blake and Ryan revealed that they would be matching up to $1 million in donations to support Ukrainian refugees following the Russian attacks.
- In March 2022, Ryan and Blake donated almost $500,000 to Water First Education & Training.
- In August 2022, Ryan’s production company, Maximum Effort Productions signed a multi-year first-look deal with FuboTV.
- In August 2022, after Ryan liked the food of an Indian restaurant named Light of India in the UK’s Cheshire town, he shared about the same on his Instagram Stories as the “Best Indian Food in Europe” and within no time, the restaurant got flooded with food orders.
- In September 2022, Ryan underwent a colonoscopy and got a polyp removed.
- In November 2022, it was reported that Ryan was buying the ice hockey team, Ottawa Senators.
- During the 2022 People’s Choice Awards, Ryan was honored with the “People’s Icon Award”.
- In November 2022, Ryan was honored with the 36th American Cinematheque Award.
- In 2023, Ryan Reynolds bought a $1.8 million house in the small Welsh village of Marford after his success with Wrexham FC.
- In April 2023, Ryan was honored with the “Humanitarian Award” at the 2023 Canadian Screen Awards – Comedic & Dramatic Arts Awards.