|Ben Affleck Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1972|
Ben Affleck is an American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, and philanthropist who has gained a global audience with his performances in shows and movies like Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, and Justice League, Tony Mendez in Argo, Chuckie Sullivan in Good Will Hunting, Ned Alleyn in Shakespeare in Love, Jack Ryan in The Sum of All Fears, Matt Murdock/Daredevil in Daredevil, George Reeves in Hollywoodland, Christian Wolffin The Accountant, C.T. Granville in The Second Voyage of the Mimi, Rafe McCawley in Pearl Harbor, and Treat Morrison in The Last Thing He Wanted. Also, he won the Academy Award for “Best Original Screenplay”, along with Matt Damon, for Good Will Hunting. With this, he also achieved the feat of becoming the youngest person ever to win an Oscar for “Best Original Screenplay” at the age of 25.
Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt
Berkeley, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ben attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and graduated in 1990. Subsequently, he was accepted into the University of Virginia, but due to a girlfriend, he took admission at the University of Vermont.
His affair was one-sided, so he left it with no credits and finally studied Middle Eastern affairs at Occidental College in Los Angeles for a year and a half.
Actor, Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Philanthropist
- Father – Timothy Byers Affleck (Actor, Aspiring Playwright, Stage Manager, Carpenter, Auto Mechanic, Bookie, Electrician, Bartender, Janitor)
- Mother – Christopher Anne “Chris” Affleck (née Boldt) (Harvard-educated Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Casey Affleck (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Myron Hopkins Strong Affleck, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy Louise Byers (Paternal Grandmother), O’Brien “Obie” Boldt (Maternal Grandfather) (Democratic activist & professor of political science at the City University of New York), Elizabeth Shaw (née Roberts) (Maternal Grandmother)
Affleck has been signed to –
- William Morris Endeavor (Talent Agency)
- Sunshine, Sachs & Associates, Llc, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
98 kg or 216 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Affleck has dated –
- Chelsea Clinton – When pictures of Ben talking and laughing with Chelsea (and her family) became public, they were rumored to be dating together.
- Cheyenne Rothman (1990-1997) – Ben Affleck was romantically linked to American film director Cheyenne Rothman from 1990 to 1997. They dated ON and OFF during these several years.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (1997-2000) – The actors Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck dated ON and OFF for three complete years from November 1997 until October 2000.
- Jennifer Lopez (2002-2004, 2021-Present) – In July 2002, Affleck started dating famous singer Jennifer Lopez. The duo also engaged in October 2002. But, this relationship also saw an end in January 2004. In May 2021, the news of their reconciliation surfaced on the internet. In July 2021, Lopez had made her relationship with Ben Instagram official by posting a kissing picture.
- Enza Sambataro (2004) – Ben Affleck was RUMORed to be dating the TV advertising saleswoman in 2004.
- Jennifer Garner (2004-2015) – In September 2004, the actors Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck commenced dating each other after starring together in the 2003 film Daredevil. In April 2005, the couple got engaged and married on June 29, 2005, in a low-key Turks and Caicos ceremony. Canadian actor and singer, Victor Garber was the only guest in their wedding ceremony. With Ben, Jennifer gave birth to three children – daughters Violet Anne (born – December 2005) and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth (born – January 2009), and son Samuel Garner (born – February 2012). In June 2015, it was announced that they were divorcing. In April 2017, the couple filed for divorce which was finalized in October 2018.
- Christine Ouzounian (2015) – In 2015, Ben was RUMORed to be cheating on Jennifer with Christine Ouzounian, the nanny of their children. She was considered one of the reasons behind Jennifer Garner and Ben’s split.
- Lindsay Shookus (2015-2018, 2019) – In 2015, Ben started dating TV producer Lindsay Shookus. He was still married to Garner when they started having an affair. They continued dating on and off for many years. They finally called in quits in August 2018. The love birds reunited and once again dated in 2019. But, they split for the second time in April 2019 dating for about 3 months.
- Shauna Sexton (2018) – After his split with Lindsay in August 2018, he was seen enjoying his time with the Playboy model, Shauna Sexton. Just days after they spent their vacation in Montana in October 2018, news about their separation came.
- Katie Cherry (2019) – In October 2019, he briefly dated musician, Katie Cherry.
- Ana de Armas (2020-2021) – In March 2020, it was revealed that Ben and Cuban-Spanish actress Ana de Armas were dating. They were seen on a romantic trip to Ana’s native Havana, Cuba. In December 2020, the couple decided to move in together. In January 2021, they reportedly called it quits over a phone call. In March 2021, they were again rumored to be dating together, however, that news was false.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, German, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, French, Swiss-German, Welsh, and Swedish descent.
- Towering height
- Often casts Titus Welliver and Victor Garber in his films
- Square jaw
- Mostly opens his films with narration or title cards
- Frequently plays arrogant and ruthless characters
- In 2001, he appeared in a radio commercial for Samuel Adams.
- Ben has appeared in TV commercials on Burger King (1989), Alpro” soja foods (2003), L’Oréal (2003), AXE Click (2006), and others.
- He has also appeared in print ads for “Morellato”.
- In August 2021, Ben appeared alongside Jennifer Lopez‘s mother, Lupe Rodriguez, in a commercial for the mobile sports betting and iGaming app, WynnBET.
Best Known For
Playing Bruce Wayne / Batman in the 2016 superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
He appeared in the 1981 film The Dark End of the Street in a minor role. Ben played the role of a kid in the street.
First TV Show
In 1984, Affleck did all the 13 episodes of the educational television program The Voyage of the Mimi for his role as C.T. Granville.
For the 2010 movie The Town, Ben Affleck took help from the trainers Rehan Jalali and Walter Norton. His workout schedule is mentioned on Bodybuilding.com.
For the 2016 movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, he was working out twice a day and had gained nearly 40 pounds and started looking ripped. Ben had gained 17-inch biceps.
Ben Affleck Facts
- Ben was named Géza in honor of a Hungarian friend, who survived the Holocaust.
- Ben is also the co-founder of the Eastern Congo Initiative.
- He was raised primarily by his mother as his parents divorced when he was 11.
- He started receiving acting jobs from the age of 7.
- Ben is friends with actor Matt Damon (At that time Matt was 10) since the age of 8. Since that time, they have appeared in several movies together and they together sold Good Will Hunting (1997) script for $600,000.
- He has also been friends with George Clooney.
- Along with Matt Damon, he has worked as construction workers and cinema ushers.
- Affleck is an avid fan of Robert Englund.
- Ben is the only actor to have worn a Superman suit and Batman suit in two different films.
- He can conversate in French and Spanish. He also knows Arabic.
- Ben had been addicted to alcohol from a young age. He decided to get rid of the addiction and sought treatment in 2001 and 2017. In one of his posts on Instagram, he wrote about the difficulties he faced in staying sober. In an interview with the People, in October 2019, he thanked those fighting with addiction and said that it acted as an inspiration for him.
- At 40, he became the oldest actor to be cast in the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.
- Ben was the 4th highest-paid actor of 2020 as per Forbes with $55 million in earnings. The 1st spot was held by Dwayne Johnson.
- In the 2020 book Alright, Alright, Alright: The Oral History of Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused, he mentioned that he had a dissociative panic attack due to smoking marijuana at the age of 15.
- He has credited Harrison Ford as his hero.