Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt
Berkeley, California, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Ben attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in Cambridge, Massachusetts and graduated in 1990. Subsequently, he was accepted into the University of Virginia, but due to a girlfriend, he took admission at the University of Vermont.
His affair was one-sided, so he left it with no credits and finally studied Middle Eastern affairs at Occidental College in Los Angeles for a year and a half.
Actor, film director, producer, screenwriter
- Father – Timothy Byers Affleck (Actor)
- Mother – Christopher Anne “Chris” Affleck (née Boldt) (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Casey Affleck (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Elizabeth Shaw (née Roberts) (Maternal Grandmother), O’Brien “Obie” Boldt (Maternal Grandfather) (Democratic activist & professor of political science at the City University of New York)
Affleck is signed to William Morris Endeavor talent agency.
6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
98 kg or 216 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Affleck dated –
- Chelsea Clinton – When pictures of Ben talking and laughing with Chelsea (and her family) became public, they were rumored to be dating together.
- Cheyenne Rothman (1990-1997) – Ben Affleck was romantically linked to American film director Cheyenne Rothman from 1990 to 1997. They dated ON and OFF during these several years.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (1997-2000) – The actors Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck dated ON and OFF for three complete years from November 1997 until October 2000.
- Jennifer Lopez (2002-2004) – In July 2002, Affleck started dating famous singer Jennifer Lopez. The duo also engaged in October 2002. But, this relationship also saw an end in January 2004.
- Enza Sambataro (2004) – Ben Affleck was RUMORed to be dating TV advertising saleswoman in 2004.
- Jennifer Garner (2004-2015) – In September 2004, the actors Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck commenced dating each other after starring together in the 2003 film Daredevil. In April 2005, the couple got engaged and married on June 29, 2005, in a low-key Turks and Caicos ceremony. Canadian actor and singer, Victor Garber was the only guest in their wedding ceremony. With Ben, Jennifer gave birth to three children – daughters Violet Anne (born – December 2005) and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth (born – January 2009), and son Samuel Garner (born – February 2012). In June 2015, it was announced that they were divorcing. In April 2017, the couple filed for divorce which was finalized in October 2018.
- Christine Ouzounian (2015) – In 2015, Ben was RUMORed to be cheating on Jennifer with Christine Ouzounian, the nanny of their children. She was considered one of the reasons behind Jennifer Garner and Ben’s split.
- Lindsay Shookus (2015-2018, 2019) – In 2015, Ben started dating TV producer Lindsay Shookus. He was still married to Garner when they started having an affair. They continued dating on and off for many years. They finally called in quits in August 2018. The love birds reunited and once again dated in 2019. But, they split for the second time in April 2019 dating for about 3 months.
- Shauna Sexton (2018) – After his split with Lindsay in August 2018, he was seen enjoying his time with the Playboy model, Shauna Sexton. Just days after they spent their vacation in Montana in October 2018, news about their separation came.
- Katie Cherry (2019) – In October 2019, he briefly dated musician Katie Cherry.
- Ana de Armas (2020-Present) – In March 2020, it was revealed that Ben and Cuban-Spanish actress Ana de Armas are dating. They were seen on a romantic trip to Ana’s native Havana, Cuba.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, German, Scottish, and Swedish descent.
- Towering height
- Often casts Titus Welliver and Victor Garber in his films
- Mostly opens his films with narration or title cards
In 2001, he appeared in a radio commercial for Samuel Adams.
Ben has appeared in TV commercials on Burger King (1989), Alpro” soja foods (2003), L’Oréal (2003), AXE Click (2006), and others.
He has also appeared in print ads for “Morellato”.
Best Known For
Playing Bruce Wayne / Batman in the 2016 superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
He appeared in the 1981 film The Dark End of the Street in a minor role. Ben played the role as a kid in the street.
First TV Show
In 1984, Affleck did all the 13 episodes of the educational television program The Voyage of the Mimi for his role as C.T. Granville.
For the 2010 movie The Town, Ben Affleck took the help from the trainers Rehan Jalali and Walter Norton. His workout schedule is mentioned on Bodybuilding.com.
For the 2016 movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, he was working out twice a day and had gained nearly 40 pounds and started looking ripped. Ben had gained 17-inch biceps.
Ben Affleck Facts
- Ben was named Géza in honor of a Hungarian friend, who survived the Holocaust.
- Ben is also the co-founder of the Eastern Congo Initiative.
- He was raised primarily by his mother as his parents divorced when he was 11.
- He started receiving acting jobs from the age of 7.
- Ben is friends with actor Matt Damon (At that time Matt was 10) since the age of 8. Since that time, they have appeared in several movies together and they together sold Good Will Hunting (1997) script for $600,000.
- Along with Matt Damon, he has worked as construction workers and cinema ushers.
- Affleck is an avid fan of Robert Englund.
- Ben is the only actor to have worn a Superman suit and Batman suit in two different films.
- He can conversate in French and Spanish. He also knows Arabic.
- Ben had been addicted to alcohol from a young age. He decided to get rid of the addiction and sought treatment in 2001 and 2017. In one of his posts on Instagram, he wrote about the difficulties he faced in staying sober. In an interview with the People, in October 2019, he thanked those fighting with addiction and said that it acted as an inspiration for him.
- Ben was the 4th highest-paid actor of 2020 as per Forbes with $55 million in earnings. The 1st spot was held by Dwayne Johnson.