|Robert Englund Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.25 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1947|
Robert Englund is an American actor, singer, voice actor, and director, who first rose to popularity when he played the terrifying burnt serial killer Freddy Krueger on the horror-suspense TV film series A Nightmare on Elm Street in which he starred with the Pirates of the Caribbean lead star, Johnny Depp. His role as Freddy Krueger made a huge turn on his career as an actor and from there, he has made tons of notable appearances both on TV and on the movie screens and it wasn’t long until he took his well-deserved spot in showbiz. He was given multiple awards and nominations and in 1995, he won the Fantafestival Award for another horror-thriller film series The Mangler which was directed by Tobe Hooper. Before fame, he appeared on some of the most top-rated movies in Hollywood including Star Wars, Eaten Alive, and Galaxy of Terror.
Aside from showing competence as an actor, Englund was also well-praised for his exceptional voice acting skills and was chosen to voice-over for various animated series such as Justice League, The Batman, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and The Super Hero Squad Show. In the latter years of his career, he began to focus more on directing films. After the release of his directorial film project, he delivered his first direct-to-DVD movie Killer Pad in 2008 and 5 years later, he returned on the production to direct another horror-thriller piece titled The Vij.
Robert Barton Englund
Glendale, California, United States
Laguna Beach, California, United States
He went to study acting at the age of 12 at California State University, Northridge. Robert also attended the Cranbrook Theatre School situated in Bloomfield Hills before he went to the University of California, Los Angeles where he studied for 3 years.
He transferred to Oakland University in Michigan and started training at the Meadow Brook Theater.
Actor, Voice Actor, Singer, Director
- Father – John Kent Englund (Aeronautics Engineer)
- Mother – Janis MacDonald (Aeronautics Engineer)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Clyde Carl Englund (Paternal Grandfather), Virginia Belle Jorgensen (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Millar McDonald (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Martha McClelland (Maternal Grandmother), Martha/Mattie (Great Grandmother)
Robert Englund is represented by Stephen Lo, Joe Rice Talent Group.
5 ft 10.25 in or 178.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robert Englund has dated –
- Elizabeth Gardner (1968-1972) – Robert Englund had dated nurse Elizabeth Gardner and the two officially decided to tie the knot in 1968. They later decided to call it quits and divorced after 4 years of marriage in 1972.
- Nancy Booth (1988-Present) – He met set decorator Nancy Booth when he made his directorial debut for the horror-thriller film 976-EVIL in 1988. Shortly after meeting on the production, the two began a relationship and had officially tied the knot in the same year.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Swedish, Danish, Scottish, English, and German ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Long Jawline
- Downward Pointed Nose
- Thin Lips
He has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
His famous character portrayal of the psychotic burnt victim and murderer Freddy Krueger in the hit film series A Nightmare on Elm Street
As a Singer
Robert lent his voice to the song Are You Ready For Freddy? in the film, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master in 1988.
In 1974, he made his theatrical film debut as Whitney on Buster and Billie.
First TV Show
In 1977, Robert Englund made his first TV show appearance in an episode titled Mystery of the Fallen Angels of the series, The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries as Gar.
Robert Englund Favorite Things
- Pet – Dogs
- Movies – Brian de Palma’s Sisters, Jack Clayton’s The Innocents, Roman Polanski’s Rosemary’s Baby, Lucky McKee’s May, and Bill Paxton‘s Frailty
Source – RobertEnglund.com
Robert Englund Facts
- He started acting at the age of 12 at a local children’s theater.
- Shortly after he made notable cameos on the hit movies Star Wars, Eaten Alive, and Galaxy of Terror, he acquired more projects and has successfully made numerous appearances on film and television.
- He is one of the only 3 actors who portrayed a horror character for 8 consecutive times.
- Opposite of his character as Freddy Krueger, his makeup artists had described Robert’s personality as “so friendly” and “talkative” which made their job a bit more challenging. It used to roughly take 4 hours or more to do his ‘Freddy Krueger’ makeup.
- Visit his official website @ robertenglund.com.
- Connect with Robert Englund on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by TDKR Chicago 101 / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0