|Jemima Goldsmith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1974|
Jemima Goldsmith is a British screenwriter and film producer who is best known as the founder of Instinct Productions, a London-based content company that produces TV shows, documentaries, and films. Before this, she had worked as a journalist and was the associate editor of The New Statesman, a British political and cultural magazine. She had also served as the European editor-at-large for Vanity Fair magazine.
Jemima Marcelle Goldsmith
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Chelsea, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jemima had attended the Old Vicarage Preparatory School and later the Francis Holland Girls School, an independent day school for girls in central London. In 1993, she had joined the University of Bristol, a red brick research university in Bristol. She was studying English there but had dropped out in 1995 after her marriage to Imran Khan. She had eventually completed her bachelor’s degree in March 2002 with upper second-class honors.
In parallel, she had enrolled herself at the School of Oriental and African Studies, a public research university in London, and a constituent college of the University of London, a federal public research university. She had graduated from there in 2003 with a master of arts degree in middle eastern studies, focusing on modern trends in Islam.
Screenwriter, Film Producer
- Father – James Goldsmith (Financier, Politician) (d. July 18, 1997)
- Mother – Lady Annabel Goldsmith (Socialite)
- Siblings – Zac Goldsmith (Younger Brother) (Politician), Ben Goldsmith (Younger Brother) (Financier, Environmentalist)
- Others – Frank Goldsmith (Paternal Grandfather) (Luxury Hotel Tycoon, Politician) (d. February 14, 1967), Robin Vane-Tempest-Stewart (Maternal Grandfather) (Politician, Aristocrat) (d. October 17, 1955), Shaukat Khanum (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Deceased), Ikramullah Khan Niazi (Ex-Father-in-Law), India Jane Birley (Half-Sister) (Artist), Isabel Goldsmith (Half-Sister), Robin Birley (Half-Brother) (Businessman), Rupert Birley (Half-Brother), Manes Goldsmith (Half-Brother), Alix Marcaccini (Half-Sister), Jethro Goldsmith (Half-Brother), Charlotte Goldsmith (Half-Sister)
Jemima Goldsmith’s net worth had been $100 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jemima has dated –
- Imran Khan (1995–2004) – Jemima got married to Pakistani cricketer Imran Khan on May 16, 1995, in a traditional Islamic ceremony. They had later had a civil ceremony on June 21, 1995, at the Richmond Register Office in London which was followed by a midsummer ball at Ormeley Lodge, an early 18th-century Georgian house in Richmond. A few months before her wedding, she had converted to Islam. They have 2 sons together named Sulaiman Isa Khan (b. November 18, 1996) and Kasim Khan (b. April 10, 1999). The couple got divorced in June 2004. She had retained ‘Khan’ as her surname until December 2014, when Imran Khan had re-married.
- Hugh Grant (2004-2007) – Jemima had started dating English actor Hugh Grant in mid-2004. They even got engaged in 2006 but had parted ways amicably in February 2007.
- Guy Ritchie (2008-2009) – Rumor
- Russell Brand (2013-2014)
- Peter Morgan (2021)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Anglo-Irish descent on her mother’s side and English and distant German-Jewish and French descent on her father’s side.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Jemima Goldsmith Facts
- Jemima’s parents were married to different partners at the time of her birth. They only got married to each other in 1978 when she was 4 years old.
- Between the ages of 10 to 17, she was an accomplished equestrian who used to participate in several events in London.
- In 1998, she had launched a self-titled fashion label that used to employ underprivileged women in Pakistan who would embroider western clothes with eastern handiwork. These products were then sold in London and New York. The organization became defunct in December 2001 in the aftermath of the September 11 terror attacks on the United States.
- In 1999, she was charged in Pakistan with illegally exporting Islamic-era antique tiles. Later that year, a Pakistani court had dropped the charges against her.
- In December 2000, she and had her family had survived an almighty scare when a British Airways airplane that they were on board had been temporarily knocked off course and had dived thousands of feet from its original altitude. This was after the Kenya-bound flight had been hijacked by a mentally ill passenger who had tried to seize controls of the plane in the cockpit. Jemima had already had a fear of height and after this incident, she had become petrified of boarding flights.
- In 2002, she was ranked at number 18 on the Evening Standard‘s list of ‘Young Millionaires’ in the United Kingdom.
Featured Image by Jemima Goldsmith / Instagram