Russell Edward Brand
Russ, Rusty, Rusty Braunstein, Rusty Rockets
Grays, Essex, England
Russell attended Grays School Media Arts College (now called as Hathaway Academy) in Grays, Essex.
In 1991, he entered into Italia Conti Academy in London, UK. His first year tuition fees was funded by Essex County Council. But, in 1992, he was fired from it due to attendance shortage and drug use.
He also went to British drama school called Drama Centre London.
Actor, comedian, author, radio host
- Father – Ronald Henry Brand (Photographer)
- Mother – Barbara Elizabeth Nichols
- Siblings – None
He is signed to John Noel Management.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell Brand dated –
- Sophie Coady – Russell had a fling with British glamour model, Sophie Coady.
- Cassie Sumner (2005-2006) – From November 2005 to March 2006, Brand dated another glamour model. She ditched him after she discovered that he was cheating on her (by counting the number of condoms).
- Makosi Musambasi (2006) – The Zimbabwean reality TV star and Russell’s former Big Brother housemate dated him for about 6 weeks in 2006.
- Imogen Thomas (2006) – From February to March 2006, Russell dated another British glamour model, Imogen Thomas.
- Laura Gallacher (2006-2007; 2009; 2016-Present) – From March 2006 to December 2007, the comic actor dated actress, Laura Gallacher (daughter of professional golfer Bernard Gallacher). As per tabloids, he wanted to have children with Laura, but the relationship ended when Brand didn’t want to be monogamous. They reconciled and dated for some time in late 2009. The couple reconciled for the third time in early 2016 and got engaged. Laura welcomed couple’s first child, daughter Mabel in November 2016. On August 26, 2017, Laura and Russell got married in Henley-on-Thames.
- Kate Moss (2006) – Russell was rumored to have had a fling with supermodel Kate Moss in May 2006.
- Courtney Love (2006) – In August 2006, he was rumored to have had a fling with American musician, Courtney Love, who is about 11 years his senior. They met at Hotel Mayfair in 2006 for the first time.
- Peaches Geldof (2006) – From August to September 2006, he dated a socialite, Peaches Geldof.
- Georgina Baillie (2008-2009) – For a couple of months from 2008 to 2009, he, then dated dancer, Georgina Baillie.
- Teresa Palmer (2008) – Russell dated Australian actress, Teresa Palmer in 2008 for June to September, when they met on the set of 2008 movie Bedtime Stories.
- Holly Madison (2009) – In May 2009, Russell had a fling with the glamour model, Holly Madison when they were spotted at Tao nightclub in Las Vegas.
- Katy Perry (2009-2012) – Singer Katy Perry and Russell met each other for the first time in 2008 during the filming of the movie Get Him to the Greek. They didn’t date at that time but started dating later in September 2009, when the duo met at 2009 MTV VMA. They engaged on December 31, 2009. On October 23, 2010, the couple privately married in India in a Hindu ceremony. They separated on December 31, 2011, and their divorce was finalized on July 16, 2012.
- Nikolett Barabas (2012) – From March to June 2012, Brand was romantically linked to Hungarian model, Nikolett Barabas.
- Isabella Brewster (2012) – Just after his divorce was finalized with Katy Perry, he started dating a casting director, Isabella Brewster until August 2012.
- Geri Halliwell (2012) – From August to September 2012, Geri and Russell dated each other.
- Jemima Khan (2013-2014) – From September 2013 to September 2014, Russell dated writer Jemima Khan.
- Ferne McCann (2015) – In 2015, TV personality Ferne McCann and Brand dated for about 3 months.
- Rhian Sugden – When English glamour model and TV personality, Rhian Sugden appeared in Celebrity Big Brother, she kissed Russell but immediately regretted that and didn’t go any further.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sanskrit tattoo on his arm
- Big hair
- Catchphrase – “The Swines!”, “Hare Krishna!”, “T’is rhubarb!”
Brand’s plausible body specifications are –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10 (US).
He has appeared in an HP TouchPad commercial.
Best Known For
Having a good comic timing, and marrying Katy Perry.
In 2007, Russell appeared in the film St Trinian’s for his role as Flash Harry. The film is based on the works of cartoonist Ronald Searle.
First TV Show
In 1994, he appeared in ITV’s police procedural TV series The Bill for his role as Billy Case in an episode titled “Land of The Blind”.
He goes for some yoga sessions and eats a vegan diet. It not only makes his mind and body feel refreshed, but it also helps him to meet new women.
Before marrying Katy, he also made efforts to shape himself by doing martial arts called, Krav Maga.
Russell Brand Favorite Things
Russell Brand Facts
- Brand was born in Orsett Hospital in Grays, Essex in England.
- Russell was raised primarily by his mother as his parents divorced when he was 6 months old.
- He was very isolated and lonely during his childhood.
- He has worked as a postman before becoming famous.
- Brand’s dad used to take him to prostitutes during a visit to Far East.
- He suffered from bulimia nervosa (eating disorder) at the age of 14.
- He was once sexually abused by a tutor at the age of 7.
- He has taken drugs in the past, which are illegal such as cannabis, ecstasy, LSD, etc.
- He debuted at theatre at the age of 15 with the school production of Bugsy Malone.
- His radio career started in early 2002.
- He is a vegetarian.
- In June 2008, Brand signed a £1.8 million two-book deal with publishing company HarperCollins.
- He has three cats Morrissey, Krusty, and Kitty Purry.
- Visit his official website @ www.russellbrand.com.
- Catch him on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.