|Peter Morgan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1963|
Peter Morgan is an award-winning British playwright and screenwriter who has written the screenplays of films like The Queen (2006), Frost/Nixon (2008), The Last King Of Scotland (2006), as well as the Netflix series The Crown (2016-Present).
Peter Julian Robin Morgan
Wimbledon, London, England, United Kingdom
Peter was a student at St Paul’s School in London and Downside School, a boarding school in Somerset.
He graduated from the University of Leeds with a Fine Arts degree.
- Father – Arthur Morgenthau
- Mother – Inga Bojcek
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter has dated –
- Anna Carolina von Schwarzenberg (1997-2014) – Morgan was married to Princess Anna Carolina von Schwarzenberg on July 28, 1997. They welcomed 5 children together but, filed for divorce in 2014.
- Gillian Anderson (2016-2020; 2021)
- Jemima Goldsmith (2021)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Polish ancestry on his mother’s side and is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side.
However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper due to his advancing age.
Laugh lines on his face
Peter Morgan Facts
- He can speak fluently in English and German.
- He was appointed as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for his services to drama by Prince Charles of Wales at the 2016 New Year Honours.
- In 2008, Peter was included in the list of ‘The 100 Most Powerful People in British Culture’ by The Telegraph at #28.
- In 2020, his multiple award-winning series The Crown faced severe backlash over its depiction of fictionalized accounts as sensational facts.
- His longstanding career was honored with the prestigious British Film Institute Fellowship (BFI) in 2017.
- During the 2021 Emmy Awards, he won an award for “Outstanding Drama Series Writing” for The Crown.
Featured Image by The Royal Family / Twitter