|Daniel Brühl Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1978|
Daniel Brühl is a Spanish-German actor who is best known for his work in films such as Good Bye, Lenin! (2003), The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), Inglourious Basterds (2009), Rush (2013), The Fifth Estate (2013), A Most Wanted Man (2014), Captain America: Civil War (2016), The Zookeeper’s Wife (2017), and The King’s Man (2021). He is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Benji Kirchner in the German TV soap opera Verbotene Liebe (1995), Dr. Laszlo Kreizler in the period drama TV series The Alienist (2018–Present), and Helmut Zemo in the Disney+ superhero TV miniseries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021).
Daniel César Martin Brühl González Domingo
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
He splits his time between Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, and Berlin, Germany.
He holds dual nationality.
Daniel had attended the Dreikönigsgymnasium (also known as the Three Kings School/ the College of the Three Crowns), the oldest public school in Cologne, Germany.
- Father – Hanno Brühl (TV Director) (d. October 2010)
- Mother – Marisa Gonzáles Domingo (Teacher)
- Siblings – Oliver Brühl (Brother), Miriam Brühl (Sister)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel has dated –
- Reena Hammer – Rumor
- Jessica Schwarz (2001–2006) – Daniel had started dating German actress Jessica Schwarz in March 2001 after they had first met on the sets of the 2001 German film No Regrets. She often used to call him Gollum because she felt that he looked like The Lord of the Rings character when he used to wake up in the morning. The couple was engaged later on in their relationship but had parted ways in 2006.
- Felicitas Rombold (2010-Present) – Daniel had started dating German former model, academic, and psychotherapist Felicitas Rombold in 2010. They got married in 2016 and have 2 sons together including Anton Hanno (b. October 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He is of German descent on his father’s side and Spanish descent on his mother’s side.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Often sports a rugged beard
Daniel Brühl Facts
- Born in Barcelona, Spain, Daniel’s family had moved to Cologne, Germany, shortly after his birth. He had revealed in an interview that his birth had taken place in Spain instead of Germany because his Spanish mother did not trust German hospitals at all. He would often spend his childhood summer vacations in Barcelona.
- For his portrayal of the character of Alexander Kerner in the 2003 German tragicomedy film Good Bye, Lenin!, he had won the ‘Best Actor’ award at both the European Film Awards and the German Film Awards.
- In his youth, he used to perform as the lead singer of a band called Purge.
- A polyglot, he is fluent in multiple European languages including English, German, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. He also understands Catalan.
- In 2011, he had co-launched a tapas (Spanish appetizers/snacks) bar called Bar Raval in the Kreuzberg, Berlin. Between February and October 2017, he had co-owned a similar outlet called Bar Gracia, named after Barcelona’s nightlife district of Gràcia, in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. It had to be closed down as it did not turn out to be as successful as expected.
Featured Image by Daniel Brühl / Instagram