|Malese Jow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Malese Jow is an American actress and singer. She has appeared in TV shows like Big Time Rush, The Vampire Diaries, Unfabulous, NCIS: Los Angeles, etc. Malese has also been seen in movies like The Social Network, Escape Plan 3, Aliens in the Attic, and several others.
Elizabeth Melise Jow
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Information about her formal education isn’t available.
Actress and singer
- Mother – Lanae Tillery Jow
- Siblings – Makenna Jow (Younger Sister), Jensen Jow (Younger Brother), Braden Jow (Younger Brother)
- Others – James N. “Jiggs” Tillery (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Maxine Pharr (Maternal Grandmother)
Malese Jow is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malese Jow has dated
- Kevin Jonas (2006) – Malese Jow was reported to be dating singer and actor Kevin Jonas in 2006. As per the media reports, she was regularly spotted at his music concerts. They were spotted together on a couple of occasions in April 2006.
- Nick Jonas (2008) – In the early months of 2008, Malese was linked with yet another Jonas sibling. It was claimed that she had started dating Nick at the turn of the year.
- Carter Jenkins (2009) – According to reports, Jow was in a relationship with actor Carter Jenkins in 2009. They had first met while working together in the TV series, Unfabulous. However, their romance blossomed on the sets of the sci-fi comedy movie, Aliens in the Attic. Their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Steven R. McQueen (2010) – The rumors of Malese dating actor Steven R. McQueen started swirling around in the early months of 2010. They had reportedly grown close during the shooting of TV series, The Vampire Diaries. The reports of their relationship stopped filtering in by the summer of 2010.
- Ian Somerhalder (2013) – In April 2013, Malese Jow was linked with another of her The Vampire Diaries co-star. This time it was the star of the show Ian Somerhalder.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Chinese ancestry, while on her mother’s side, she is of Scottish and English descent.
She also has traces of Cherokee Indian heritage on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, she has experimented with blonde highlights.
- Petite figure
- High cheekbones
Malese Jow has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Disney Cruise Line
- Ross Department Stores
She has also used her strong social media presence to promote a couple of products through her digital activity.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Anna in the teen fantasy drama TV series, The Vampire Diaries.
- Being cast in the role of Geena Fabiano in the teen sitcom, Unfabulous. Her character was the leading character Addie Singer’s (played by Emma Roberts) best friend.
- Having made appearances in popular TV shows such as Desperate Housewives, Castle, CSI: Miami, and NCIS: Los Angeles.
As a Singer
She has lent her voice to several musical sitcoms such as Big Time Rush, in which she was cast in an important role in the second season.
She also likes to write songs and record in the studio in her free time.
In 2007, Malese made her theatrical film debut in the musical comedy, Bratz: The Movie.
First TV Show
In 1997, Malese Jow made her first TV show appearance in Pennies, Nickels, Dimes episode of the children’s TV series, Barney & Friends. She was 6 years old when she was cast in the show.
Malese is very disciplined when it comes to her workout regime. She regularly hits the gym and tries to maintain an active lifestyle out of the gym. When she finds herself too tangled up with her work, she usually gets more conscious about her workout. She believes that remaining active and eating well makes her feel good, which is very important when you have a crazy work schedule.
When it comes to diet, she just focusses on eating clean and healthy food.
Malese Jow Favorite Things
- Skincare Products – Philosophy Purity Made Simple and Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Hair Products – Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- Beauty Products – Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, Kat Von D or ColourPop everlasting liquid lipstick, Marc Jacobs Perfume, Oribe Texture Spray, and Makeup Forever Powder
- First Crush – Aladdin
- Movie Character – Penny Lane from Almost Famous
- Food – Classic Cheese Pizza
- Halloween Costume – Dolly Parton
Source – WisdominBeauty.com, Sweety High, TaylorMagazine.com
Malese Jow Facts
- Her character in The Vampire Diaries was killed in the first season but due to the popularity of her character, she was brought back as a guest in the later seasons.
- She started her acting career by appearing in a series of commercials for McDonald’s. She was hired by popular fast food chain’s head of advertising after having heard her singing.
- At the age of 11, she competed in the Next Big Star, which was a talent hunt created by Ed McMahon in 2002. She managed to win 4 rounds in the kid vocalist category.
- While growing up, she often used to sing the national anthem at the local baseball games.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Malese Jow / Instagram