Chicago, Illinois, United States
Harrison Ford went to the Maine East High School in Park Ridge and completed it in 1960. He then got admission at the Ripon College in Wisconsin where he decided to do major in philosophy but left the college without graduating.
Actor, film producer
- Father – Christopher Ford (Advertising Executive and Former Actor)
- Mother – Dorothy Nidelman (Former Radio Actress)
- Siblings – Terence Ford (Younger Brother)
- Others – John Fitzgerald Ford (Paternal Grandfather), Florence Veronica Niehaus (Paternal Grandmother), Harry Nidelman (Maternal Grandfather), Anna Lifschutz (Maternal Grandmother)
United Talent Agency. (via Wikipedia)
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harrison Ford has dated –
- Eve Babitz – Harrison had a short and passionate affair with author Eve Babitz before making it big in the Hollywood. He was already in a relationship with his first wife Mary Marquardt at that time.
- Mary Marquardt (1964-1979) – Ford started dating chef Mary Marquardt while studying at the Ripon College. The got married in 1964 and Mary accompanied Harrison when he moved to Los Angeles to try his luck at acting. Mary gave birth to their first son, Benjamin in 1967 and second son, Willard in 1969. However, by the mid of 70’s, their relationship had run into trouble and they decided to separate in 1977. Their divorce was finalized in 1979.
- Carrie Fisher (1976) – In her third memoir, actress Carrie Fisher revealed that she had a passionate three-month long affair with her Star Wars co-star, Harrison Ford. The affair happened during the shooting of the movie in London and started when Ford offered to drive her home after movie director George Lucas’s birthday party. She was very serious about him and tried hard to make him fall in love with her. However, it never happened.
- Heidi Von Beltz (1978) – Ford had a very brief affair with the stuntwoman Heidi Von Beltz in 1978.
- Melissa Mathison (1983-2004) – Harrison met screenwriter Melissa Mathison in 1976 but started dating some years later. Ford walked the aisle for the second time in March 1983. Melissa gave birth to two children, son Malcolm (b. 1987) and daughter Georgia (b. 1990). Their marriage was considered as one of the most stable marriages in the industry. However, in October 2000, Ford moved out of their family apartment in Manhattan. Apparently, Melissa was tired of his bad boy bachelor behavior. After briefly celebrating his newly single life with visits to strip clubs and partying with a bevy of beauties, he asked for one more chance from Melissa, which despite her generosity didn’t amount to much as they finalized the divorce in 2004.
- Minnie Driver (2001-2002) – Ford met actress and singer Minnie Driver at Timothy White’s art show at a Los Angeles gallery in November 2001 and started dating. They split in early 2002.
- Lara Flynn Boyle (2002) – Rumor
- Calista Flockhart (2002-Present) – After separating from Melissa, Harrison found love in actress Calista Flockhart. They first met at the Golden Globe Awards in January 2002. At the event, Calista intentionally spilled her drink on Ford so that she could get some more time with him. That move worked wonderfully for her as after dating for around 7 years, they got engaged in 2009 on Valentine’s Day eve. They got married in June 2010 at a lavish ceremony at New Mexico Governor’s mansion in Santa Fe and presided by Governor Bill Richardson and state supreme court Chief Justice Charles W. Daniels. In 2001, they adopted a son Liam Flockhart.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he is of Irish and German descent, whereas on his mother’s side, he has Jewish and Russian ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
Tall and lanky body
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Ford has worked as a spokesperson for the Young Eagles Program and EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association).
In addition, he has been involved in TV adverts for the following –
- EarthShare (Voiceover)
- Lancia Lybra
- Conservation International
- Super Bowl XL
- Kirin Lager Beer
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
- General Aviation
- PlayStation 3
He has appeared in print ads for the following –
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- City Harvest
- America’s Dairy Processor’s “Got milk?” campaign
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Han Solo in the original Star Wars series.
- Being cast as a lead role in the Indiana Jones film series.
He made his film debut in 1966 in an uncredited role of Bellhop in a crime film Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round.
First TV Show
He first appeared in the NBC series The Virginian as Young Rancher / Cullen Tindall in 1967 in 2 episodes.
In preparation for his role in the fourth edition of Indiana Jones movie, Harrison Ford worked with Jamie Milnes. Milnes designed a six-week circuit training routine for him. The workout comprised of pushups, pullups, crunches on a medicine ball and overhead presses along with other exercises.
Harrison Ford Favorite Things
- Cheese – Manchego
- His Own Movie – The Mosquito Coast (1986)
Harrison Ford Facts
- In October 1997, Empire magazine placed him at the very top in the list of “Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.”
- In 2001, the Guinness book of world records had declared him the richest male actor.
- Previously, he was an avid boy scout and even managed to reach the second highest rank in it. He later worked in the position of counselor for the Reptile Study merit badge at the Napowan Adventure Base.
- In his final quarter of his senior year at college, he decided to take drama class to overcome shyness and it was then, he became fascinated with acting.
- During his early struggling days as an actor, he used to work as a carpenter to support his family, which then comprised of his wife and two sons.
- He is a licensed pilot and has done emergency chopper services for the local authorities near his ranch in Wyoming on numerous occasions, including rescuing a dehydrated hiker once.
- Ford is a staunch supporter of the environmental causes and has served as a vice chair for the American environmental NGO named Conservation International.
- He is a loyal democrat and was very vocal in his opposition to the 2003 Iraq War.
- At his ranch, he has a collection of 11 planes including a 1929 vintage Waco Taperwing open-top biplane.
- In his honor, his friend and entomologist Dr. EO Wilson named an ant species (Pheidole harrisonfordi) after him in 2002.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.