|Charlize Theron Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1975|
Charlize Theron is a South African and American actress, producer, director, and fashion model who has established herself as one of the world’s highest-paid actresses and has also received a number of accolades including an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Critics’ Choice Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award. She is best known for her performances in movies like Monster, Bombshell, The Cider House Rules, North Country, Young Adult, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Atomic Blonde.
Benoni, Transvaal Province, South Africa
South African, American
Theron attended Putfontein Primary School (Laerskool Putfontein). But, she did not fit in this school and at 13, she was sent to the National School of the Arts in Johannesburg, which is a boarding school.
Actress, producer, director, fashion model
- Father – Charles Theron (Road Constructionist)
- Mother – Gerda Maritz (Road Constructionist)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – Danie/Daniel Theron (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Johanna “Betty”/Bettie Beets (Paternal Grandmother), Jacob Johannes Maritz (Maternal Grandfather), Johanna Maria Barindina/Barendina Stofberg (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- The Spanky Taylor Company, Company, Burbank, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlize has dated –
- Craig Bierko (1995-1997) – American actor and singer, Craig Bierko had a two-year-long relationship with Theron. He is nearly 11 years older than her.
- Stephan Jenkins (1997-2001) – From 1997 to 2001, she dated Third Eye Blind frontman, Stephan Jenkins.
- George Clooney (2000) – In 2000, it was rumored that she had a fling with actor George Clooney.
- Stuart Townsend (2001-2010) – Irish actor, Stuart Townsend, had a 9-year long relationship with Charlize. She starred in Trapped (2002) and Head in the Clouds (2004) with Stuart. In January 2010, they separated.
- Keanu Reeves (2010) – In May 2010, Charlize was seen hugging and kissing Canadian actor, Keanu Reeves when on a dinner date which indicated that they might be dating.
- Jeremy Renner (2010) – Rumor
- Ryan Reynolds (2011) – She was rumored to have had a romantic association with the Canadian-American actor, film producer, and entrepreneur, Ryan Reynolds, in the year 2011.
- Alexander Skarsgård (2012) – Rumor
- Eric Stonestreet (2012) – In 2012, actors Charlize and Eric Stonestreet dated each other for some time after they got introduced to each other by mutual friends.
- Sean Penn (2013-2015) – In December 2013, she started dating American actor, Sean Penn. The duo got engaged in November 2014. In late June 2015, the couple split. Sean is roughly 15 years her senior.
- Gabriel Aubry (2017) – After meeting at their own children’s Los Angeles-based school, the Canadian model, Gabriel Aubry, and Charlize were rumored to be dating each other in 2017. The news of their alleged relationship became public in May 2017 when they were spotted at Santa Monica Pier enjoying each other’s company. But, Charlize has denied such dating news.
- Brad Pitt (2019) – Around July 2018, actors Charlize and Brad Pitt met each other while shooting the Breitling campaign. They spent some time together at that time but the news of their dating surfaced on the internet in January 2019 which was proved to be false later on.
Note – She has two kids – daughter Jackson Theron (adopted in 2012) and daughter August Theron (adopted in 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
She is of Afrikaner (Dutch, French Huguenot, German, smaller amounts of Belgian Flemish/Belgian Walloon, distant Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish), English, and Khoisan descent.
She is naturally brunette (dark brown).
- Attractive Supermodel Looks
- Blonde hair with green eyes
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
She has done endorsement work for the likes of John Galliano, Christian Dior, PETA, Democracy Now!, Link TV, Breil, Raymond Weil, L’Oreal, etc.
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like The Devil’s Advocate (1997), Mighty Joe Young (1998), and The Cider House Rules (1999), Monster (2003).
In 1995, she appeared in Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest, which is the third film in the Children of the Corn series. Her role was just as a young woman. It is uncredited.
First TV Show
American television sitcom created by Mitchell Hurwitz, Arrested Development for her role as Rita (Mr. F). She appeared in 5 episodes in 2005.
Fedele De Santis. Her trainer has trained her for more than two years. She says
“Charlize is an extremely serious, focused, professional, no BS. She is so tenacious — my nickname for her is thundercat.”
See her workout routine and diet plan.
Charlize Theron Favorite Things
- Favorite Accessory – Sunglasses
- Favorite Color – White, Black
Charlize Theron Facts
- Her mother tongue is Afrikaans but she also speaks fluent English (in an American accent).
- She became a citizen of the United States of America in May 2007 and has also retained her South African citizenship.
- Charlize appeared in a music video “Crossfire” by Brandon Flowers in 2010.
- She worked as an actress as well as a producer in movies like Monster (2003), Sleepwalking (2008), Young Adult (2011).
- Charlize is the only child of her parents.
- She is an active member of PETA. She has also appeared in PETA’s anti-fur ad campaign.
- Charlize Theron is involved with Women’s Rights organizations.
- Theron’s father was lawfully killed in June 1991 by Theron’s mother as he attacked her and her mother while drunk.
- She became a fashion model when she was 14.
- She has studied acting with Ivana Chubbuck.
- She became a United Nations Messenger of Peace in 2008.