|Stuart Townsend Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1972|
Stuart Townsend is an Irish actor, director, and screenwriter, best known for his having an early-career lead role in About Adam (2000) alongside Kate Hudson, and then starring as Lestat de Lioncourt in Queen of the Damned in 2002, a fantasy-horror starring Aaliyah, which was a sequel to Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994) starring Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Antonio Banderas, and Kirsten Dunst.
Stuart also had notable roles in the movie The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) with a veteran Hollywood actor Sean Connery, and series Shade (2003), Chaos Theory (2008) with Ryan Reynolds and Sarah Chalke, and Will & Grace in 2005 alongside Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, and Megan Mullally. He also appeared in TV series such as Night Stalker (2005-2006), Robot Chicken (2005-2011), Betrayal (2013-2014), and Salem (2015) since its 2nd season, as a character of Dr. Samuel Wainwright. Stuart wrote and directed a film titled Battle in Seattle in 2007, starring Jennifer Carpenter and Woody Harrelson, as well as Charlize Theron, Stuart’s girlfriend at the time.
Stuart Peter Townsend
Howth, County Dublin, Ireland
Stuart attended the Gaiety School of Acting located in Dublin, Ireland, where he studied drama and made his first non-professional acting debut in 1993.
Actor, Director, Writer
- Father – Peter Townsend (Professional Golfer)
- Mother – Lorna née Hogan Townsend (Model) (Deceased, 1994)
- Siblings – Dylan Townsend (Younger Brother), Chloe Townsend (Younger Sister)
- Others – Neville A. Townsend (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Edith Geeson (Paternal Grandmother), George Saward Geeson (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Hannah Lydia Glidewell (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Hugo Townsend (Younger Half-Brother), Ella Townsend (Younger Half-Sister)
Stuart Townsend is represented by –
- Innovative Artists (Talent Agent), Santa Monica, California, United States
- Silver Lining Entertainment (II) (Manager), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Jonathan Arun Talent (Talent Agent), London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stuart Townsend has dated –
- Parker Posey (1997-1998) – He dated American actress Parker Posey for around a year, from 1997 to February 1998.
- Charlize Theron (2001-2010) – His most prominent relationship was with a well known South African Hollywood actress, Charlize Theron that started in August 2001 and lasted until January 2010. Stuart and Charlize met on the set of the movie Trapped in 2002 and later co-starred in Head in the Clouds (2004) as well. Despite not being officially married, the two considered each other a husband and wife as they needed no bureaucracy to officiate it. In January 2010, after they came back from what was originally a 10-day trip to Mexico after only 2 days, the rumors started and later proved to be true – they called it quits.
- Agatha Araya (2013-2018) – Stuart settled down in Costa Rica in 2013, and took a break from acting. During that time, he met Agatha and the pair later got 2 children as a result of their relationship, daughter Ezra Townsend and son Desmond Townsend. In late December 2018 or early January 2019, the pair split up for undisclosed reasons.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent on his maternal side and is of English descent on his paternal side.
- Often wears stubble facial hair
- Hazel eyes
- Long hair
- Muscular physique
He hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Having portrayed the role of Dorian Gray in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)
- Starring as Lestat de Lioncourt in Queen of the Damned (2002)
- Writing and directing a film titled Battle in Seattle (2007)
- Starring as Buddy Endrow in Chaos Theory (2008)
- Having prominent roles in TV series Betrayal (2013-2014), Elementary (2015), and Salem (2015)
As a Singer
He performed a song titled O The Brickley Bush in the criminal-drama movie Trojan Eddie in 1996.
Stuart Townsend made his theatrical film debut as Dermot in the movie Trojan Eddie in 1995.
First TV Show
Stuart Townsend made his TV show debut as Himself in an episode of The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn on April 7, 2004.
Even though he hasn’t revealed a lot about his exact workout routine, he always cared about his appearance and physique. Stuart is a big fan of cardio and endurance workouts such as CrossFit and hiking, and both help him stay in shape.
As for his diet, he is a fan of both worlds – both superfoods, raw food, Ayahuasca brew and eating very healthy in general but also treating himself with chocolate or truffle.
Stuart Townsend Favorite Things
- Interests – Shamanism, Mythology, Photography, Environment, Conspiracy Theories, Creation Myths
- Professions – Technology, Alternative Media, Geopolitics, Economics
- Historic Civilizations – Babylon, Ancient Egypt, Atlantis
- Activity – Crossfit, Hiking, Trekking, Traveling, Journaling
- Festivals – Burning Man, Coachella
- Tennis Player – Rafael Nadal
- Music – Electronic
- Place – Bordeaux, France
- People – James Turrell, Andy Goldsworthy, C. J. Jung, Ice-T
- Quote – “Acting is great. You spend your whole life trying to get it right.”
Stuart Townsend Facts
- He had an uncredited appearance as Monican in Æon Flux (2005) with Charlize Theron, his girlfriend at the time.
- He lived in Costa Rica for a number of years and is very passionate about the environment, such as switching from plastic to hemp plant in the industry, and healthy, natural medicine from Amazon, Peru. Stuart promotes saving other untouched places in the world, as well as endangered species.
- His father was a professional golfer who played Ryder Cups matches in 1969 and 1971.
- Stuart had an interest in conspiracy theories for a long time. One of those was a so-called “10-year challenge” in January 2019, and whether it was a ploy to teach and perfect facial recognition AI as well as the issues regarding various NASA spacecraft missions in the past, and whether the data was truthful.
- He and his friends started an amateur theatre group in Dublin, Ireland, with the goal of re-enacting scenes from The Magic Roundabout (1964) children TV show. He played Ermintrude the Cow and later said it was a lot of fun.
- Stuart was initially cast as Aragorn in the 1st film in the long series – The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001). However, he was replaced by Viggo Mortensen after a few days of shooting, because they realized he was too young to play the part.
- He was nominated for the IFTA Award for “Best Script for Film” in 2008 for Battle in Seattle (2007), which he directed and wrote the script for.
- He received a Gold Remi Award in 2013, in the category of “Best Actor” for XIII: The Series (2011) where he played characters XIII and Tesla until 2012.
- Stuart was supposed to play Fandral in a movie Thor (2011) starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, and Kat Dennings, but was replaced by Josh Dallas.
- He had a notable appearance in a play titled Orpheus Descending at the London Stage Theatre alongside Helen Mirren.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Stuart Townsend / Instagram