Kirsten Caroline Dunst
Point Pleasant, New Jersey, United States
New York City, New York, U.S.
Kirsten attended Ranney School in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Later, she went to Laurel Hall School in North Hollywood. After that, she attended and graduated from Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles in 2000.
Actress, singer, model
- Father – Klaus Dunst (Medical services executive)
- Mother – Inez (née Rupprecht) (Artist and one-time gallery owner)
- Siblings – Christian Dunst (Younger Brother)
As a child model, she was signed to these modeling agencies –
- Ford Models
- Elite Model Management
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kirsten Dunst dated –
- Ben Foster (2000-2001) – Kirsten dated her Get Over It co-actor Ben Foster around the year 2000. They developed a bond on the sets of the movie but had separated by the time the movie was released.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2002-2004) – Kirsten and actor Jake Gyllenhaal dated each other from September 2002 to December 2004. They met each other for the first time via Maggie (Jake’s older sister). Actress Maggie and Kirsten did a movie “Mona Lisa Smile” together.
- Andy Samberg (2006) – In July 2006, actors Kirsten Dunst and Andy Samberg were romantically linked to each other when they were filming for Spiderman 3.
- Adam Brody (2007) – She had an encounter with another actor Brody in January 2007.
- Fabrizio Moretti (2007) – Brazilian drummer, who plays the drum for the rock band, The Strokes dated Dunst in 2007.
- Johnny Borrell (2007) – English guitarist and singer, Johnny Borrell, then dated Kirsten from March 2007 until November 2007. She met him at Austin South during South West festival. She was so impressed by him that she hired a Harley Davidson bike and went on with Borrell. But, according to Borrell, his messy and smelly room made her go away and this is how the relationship ended.
- Justin Long (2008) – From July to September 2008, she was romantically linked to actor Justin Long.
- Jacob Soboroff (2008-2009) – The host of YouTube Nation and producer of HuffPost Live, the live streaming network of The Huffington Post started dating Kirsten in December 2008. She worked with him on a documentary about voting and they eventually started dating. The relationship ended in 2009.
- Jason Boesel (2010-2011) – Rilo Kiley drummer, Jason Boesel started dating her in January 2010. She was also seen supporting him at gigs for his band. The pair called the relationship quits in 2011.
- Garrett Hedlund (2011-2016) – She met actor Garrett Hedlund on the set of “On the Road” and started dating him in October 2011. They called it quits in April 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Through her mom, she has German and Swedish ancestry and her dad also belongs to Hamburg, Germany.
She has naturally strawberry blonde hair and had dyed them red in Spider-Man movies. (via HollywoodLife)
Blonde hair and blue eyes
35-24-35 in or 89-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Justine in the 2011 film Melancholia, and as Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-Man film series.
As a Singer
She debuted as a singer in 2001 when she sang two songs in the film Get Over It.
Kirsten also sang two songs in Spider-Man 3.
She has no plans to release any music album.
She made her film debut much earlier in 1989 with the anthology film New York Stories where she played the role as Lisa’s daughter. She appears in the segment “Oedipus Wrecks”. Her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
In 1993, Kirsten Dunst played the role as Kitten Margolis in the NBC’s drama Sisters in 2 episodes titled “Dear Georgie”, and “The Land of the Lost Children”.
She goes to Piloxing classes with her female friends in Los Angeles. Piloxing is a mix of Pilates, dancing, and boxing. She feels good with the loud pop music there. Kirsten likes cardio barre and dance based workout developed by Tracy Anderson.
She does not watch her diet always. If she is in LA, she is easily able to eat healthy food. But, on road, she sometimes cuts little bit carbs, if she gains weight.
While starting a new film, she naturally loses weight as she is more focused towards work.
Kirsten Dunst Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Mexican
- TV Shows – Friends (1994-2004), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Da Ali G Show
- Movies – Annie Hall (1977), Edward Scissorhands (1990), Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994), Schindler’s List (1993)
- Actress – Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster
- Actor – Elijah Wood
- Beauty Products – Dove Beauty Cream Bar, Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm, Dr. Hauschka body oils
Kirsten Dunst Facts
- As a child, she did modeling for Ford.
- She holds dual citizenship of America and Germany.
- In early 2008, she was treated for depression in Utah.
- She started her career at the age of three appearing in commercials.
- Charlotte Rampling is her beauty icon.
- She had played tennis in the past. Her dad was a big tennis player.
- Her name is pronounced as “Keer-sten”.
- Along with Jimmy Fallon, she hosted the MTV Movie Awards 2001.
- She knows tap dance moves.
- Join Kirsten Dunst on Twitter.