|Maudy Ayunda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1994|
Maudy Ayunda is an Indonesian singer, songwriter, musician, activist, actress, and author. She is best known as a speaker and activist for various education, media, creative, and youth-related topics, mainly modern slavery – dangerous and forced labor and marriage. As a singer, Maudy has released studio albums such as Panggil Aku… (Call Me…) (2011), Moments (2015), and Oxygen (2018).
Ayunda Faza Maudya
She attended the British School of Jakarta in Pondok Aren, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, Indonesia.
In her last year of high school, Maudy applied and was accepted into Columbia University in New York City, New York, United States. However, she decided to take the year off to focus on other things and decided not to move to the United States.
In 2013, Maudy enrolled in the University of Oxford in Oxford, England, United Kingdom and graduated with a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) in 2016. She intended to get her master’s degree from Stanford University in Stanford, California, United States.
Singer, Songwriter, Activist, Author, Actress, Musician
- Father – Didit Jasmedi R. Irawan
- Mother – Muren Murdjoko Jasmedi
- Siblings – Amanda Khairunnisa (Younger Sister)
Maudy Ayunda is represented by Trinity Artist Management (Manager) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Trinity Optima Production
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maudy Ayunda has dated –
- Arsyah Rasyid – Maudy is dating a co-founder and CEO of the Indonesian multimedia company Kokatto, Arsyah Rasyid.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful smile
- Fuller lower lip
Maudy Ayunda has endorsed brands such as –
- Nteve (1998)
- Cap Enaak Sweetened Condensed Milk (2006)
- Laurier (2011)
- Coca-Cola (2012)
- Suzuki Nex (2012)
- Line (2013)
- Indomie (2014)
- Pond’s (2014, 2018)
- Good Day (2015)
- Erlangga (2016)
- Coolpad (2016)
- Windbreak (2016)
- Bank CIMB Niaga #KejarMimpi (2016)
- Lux (2017)
- Quipper (2017)
- Chocomania (2017)
- Vivo Smartphones (2017, 2018)
- Pantene (2018)
- XL Priority (2018)
- Bukalapak (2019)
- Lux Maudy Ayunda (2019)
- Pantene Gold (2019)
- L’Oreal Paris (2019)
Maudy Ayunda Favorite Things
- Artists – Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Colbie Caillat
- Books – Vox by Christina Dalcher, Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Book Genre – Dystopia
- Authors – George Orwell, Margaret Atwood
Maudy Ayunda Facts
- She calls her fanbase “Maudears”.
- She was only 11 years when she appeared in her debut feature film, Untuk Rena (For Rena) as the title character in 2005.
- Maudy has published books such as A Forest of Fables in 2005, a collection of children’s fairy tales, and #Dear Tomorrow: Notes to My Future Self in 2018, a philosophical, inspirational, and biographical book.
- During her time in school, she was a runner-up in a speech competition.
- Maudy speaks Indonesian, Mandarin, Spanish, and English.
- Maudy stated that her biggest setback in life happened when she was listening to naysayers. Her high school headmaster heavily discouraged her and told her she surely wouldn’t be accepted into the University of Oxford in 2012, so she applied to Columbia University instead.
- She admitted that due to a communal kind of culture in Indonesia, she rarely thought for herself. It was only when she moved to England, United Kingdom that she got to know herself and find her own voice.
- One of her most prominent singles was a duet with a Korean-American singer, songwriter, and musician, David Choi, named By My Side (2014). The song was well-received, played on multiple radio stations, released on iTunes Music Indonesia on January 10, 2014, and landed a spot on her 2nd studio album, Moments (2015).
- Maudy joined the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, during his visit to Jakarta, Indonesia, in 2015, and discussed issues impacting the lives of young people in the country.
- Walt Disney Pictures chose her to sing How Far I’ll Go from the Indonesian song Seberapa Jauh Ku Melangkah in a 5-language mashup for the soundtrack of the animated movie Moana (2016).
- In 2017, Maudy was named “Best Digital Influencer” at the BUBU Awards as well as “Most Influential Millennial” at the Style Awards.
Featured Image by Maudy Ayunda / Instagram