Tracy Lauren Marrow
Iceberg, Ice, Ice oscillator, Water T
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Ice-T went to Palms Junior High School and the Crenshaw High School in Los Angeles.
Musician, Rapper, Actor, Record producer, Author
- Father – Solomon Marrow (Mechanic of Conveyor belt at the Rapistan Conveyor Company)
- Mother – Alice Marrow
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Earl (Cousin Brother)
Ice-T is represented by Jorge Hinojosa.
Hip hop, Heavy metal
Vocals, sampler, turntables
Saturn, Sire, Priority, Rhyme Syndicate, Sumerian Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ice-T has dated
- Adrienne – Ice-T has dated Adrienne in the past. She gave birth to daughter LeTesha in March 1976 while they were studying in high school. He reportedly joined US army in 1979 to support his girlfriend and daughter.
- Darlene Ortiz (1985-1999) – Ice-T met Darlene Ortiz in 1985 at the defunct L.A. venue Radiotron, where Ice was filming a music video. In a bid to get her attention, Ice promised Darlene that he will put her on the cover of his music album. Soon, they started dating and about two years later, he put her on the controversial cover of his album, Rhyme Pays. In 1992, she gave birth to a son, Ice Tray Marrow. After being together for around 15 years, they went separate ways in 1999.
- Karrine Steffans (1999-2000) – After his separation from long-term girlfriend, Ice had a steamy affair with author Karrine Steffans. In her interview, Karrine revealed that he had a pimp room at his office, which was furnished with black leather sofas and big red velvets. He had even given her his own apartment to live.
- Coco Austin (2000-Present) – Ice first met glamour model Coco Austin at the shoot of his friend’s music video. Unlike many, Ice didn’t first notice her famous assets. He first saw her perfect teeth and then her gorgeous curvaceous body. He revealed that although, it was a physical attraction at first sight, but he wanted to slow down in life. He also realized by talking to her that she was the nicest person he had ever met. About two years later, they got married in January 2002. Although, the rumors of infidelity on Coco’s part have been there, but the couple has remained inseparable. In November 2015, they added a daughter named Chanel to the family.
Race / Ethnicity
Ice-T is of Creole descent on mother’s side, whereas, has African-American ancestry on father’s side.
- Dimpled smile
- French cut beard
Ice-T’s chest, waist and biceps measurements are not known.
Ice-T has appeared in TV ads for –
- GEICO Insurance
- Boost Mobile
- Target department stores
- Coors Light Silver Bullet beers
- The Super Bowl advert on NBC (voiceover)
Best Known For
Being the founder of Rhyme Syndicate and his album Power.
Ice-T released his debut studio album, Rhyme Pays in July 1987 under the labels Sire Records and Warner Bros. Records. It went #93 on Billboard 200.
Ice-T first appeared in the dramedy film Breakin’ in 1984 for his role as Rap Talker.
First TV Show
In 1983, Ice-T guest appeared in series Fame as one of the Enforcers.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Ice-T Favorite Things
- Metal Music Albums – Are You Experienced (By The Jimi Hendrix Experience), Black Sabbath (By Black Sabbath), Reign In Blood (By Slayer), Tomb Of The Mutilated (By Cannibal Corpse), Suicidal Tendencies (By Suicidal Tendencies)
- TV Show – Power
- Movie – Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Source – Music Radar, Buzzfeed
- Ice-T was enlisted in the US army for 4 years. After returning from the army, he started working as a jewel thief and street pimp.
- He adopted his rap moniker, Ice-T in honor of Iceberg Slim, the former pimp and influential American African author.
- He made a major breakthrough in his rapping career in 1985 by winning an open mic competition, judged by the rapper and record producer, Kurtis Blow.
- In 1992, his album Body Count created a major controversy due to the single, Cop Killer, which was about criminal gangs taking revenge on racist police officers.
- In 1993, the Warner Bros. Records blocked the release of his new studio album due to the controversy caused by his recent album.
- In 1986, he was involved in a car accident as his Porsche 914 was broadsided by another vehicle. This incident served as a turning point in his life as he started solely focusing on his music career.
- His album Rhyme Pays helped him enter the history books as it was the first hip hop studio album to feature explicit lyrics warning.
- He nearly rejected his breakthrough acting role of Scottie in 1991 movie, New Jack City, as he believed that if the movie tanked, it would have a negative impact on his music career.
- Ice is the first and only artist to have been featured as a guest vocalist with the legendary metal band, Black Sabbath.
- Visit his official website @ icetfinallevel.com.
- Follow Ice-T on Twitter and SoundCloud.