|Tony Amendola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1951|
Tony Amendola is an American actor and voice actor who rose to fame after playing the role of the Jaffa master Bra’tac in the military science fiction adventure television series Stargate SG-1 (1997–2007). Tony has appeared in several other TV shows like Continuum (2012–2015) and has been featured in many films such as The Legend of Zorro (2005). His theatre credits include portraying Shylock in the Utah Shakespearean Festival’s production of The Merchant of Venice in 2010. Amendola has voiced a number of characters like Archmage Khadgar, since 2014, in the video game World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
He was the first in his family to go to college and he got set to become a lawyer. However, his life took a different course that led him to take both pre-law courses and theater classes.
He graduated from Southern Connecticut State University in 1974, following which he studied and acquired a Master of Fine Arts Degree in 1977 at Philadelphia’s Temple University.
Actor, Voice actor
He has been represented by Aka Talent Agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Judith Marx
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
He began to appear in commercials in April 2016 and went on to get featured in many of them including the one for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Tony Amendola Favorite Things
- Play – Taming of the Shrew
- Episode In Stargate SG-1 – Threshold
- Charities – Doctor’s Without Borders, Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross
Source – IMDb
Tony Amendola Facts
- He has been fluent in Spanish and Italian.
- Amendola had briefly taught theater classes at Southern Connecticut State University, which had included a course in Stage Speaking, during the Spring semester of 1978.
- In 1978, he shifted to Los Angeles in order to find work in film and television. Although the move had originally been meant to be temporary, he went on to settle there with his wife.
- Tony has recalled that he had stumbled into acting while he was in college and still searching and trying to decide what to do with his life. He had literally walked into an audition of The Tempest, which was the first play he ever did. It had initially been very social and only later had he realized that he had suddenly become a better student, and he had got filled with passion.
- Amendola has observed that a big chunk of his early work was in Shakespeare as men were required for the plays that were usually set in Italy, Spain, or Sicily, with the men there having looks similar to his.
- His interests have comprised Italian cooking, museums, art galleries as well as yoga.
- Three things he would want to bring in a desert island would be the complete works of William Shakespeare, some good red wine and cheese, and his wife.
- Tony has loved to contemplate the beautiful innocence he had when he first started to perform on the stage. The pure joy of just losing himself in his work and world has been one of his most delightful experiences. Even after his passion became his profession, Amendola has attempted to relive the ecstasy by going to the Utah Shakespeare Festival, when he has recharged his batteries artistically and emotionally.
Featured Image by Tony Amendola / Instagram