Benoni, Transvaal Province, South Africa
Earlier South African, but from 2007 onwards, she is American.
Theron attended Putfontein Primary School (Laerskool Putfontein). But, she did not fit in this school and at 13, she was sent to National School of the Arts in Johannesburg, which is a boarding school.
Actress, producer, director, fashion model
- Father – Charles Theron
- Mother – Gerda Maritz
- Siblings – None
- Children – Jackson Theron (Adopted in March 2012) (Son), August Theron (Adopted in 2015) (Daughter)
As a model, she was represented by the William Morris Endeavor modeling agency.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlize has dated –
- Craig Bierko (1995-1997) – American actor and singer, Craig Bierko had a two-year long relationship with Theron. He is nearly 11 years older to her.
- Stephan Jenkins (1997-2001) – From 1997 to 2001, she dated Third Eye Blind frontman, Stephan Jenkins.
- George Clooney (2000) – Rumor
- Stuart Townsend (2001-2010) – Irish actor, Stuart Townsend, had a 9-year long relationship with Charlize. She starred in Trapped (2002) and Head in the Clouds (2004) with Stuart. In January 2010, they separated.
- Keanu Reeves (2010) – In May 2010, Charlize was seen hugging and kissing Canadian actor, Keanu Reeves when on a dinner date which indicated that they might be dating.
- Jeremy Renner (2010) – Rumor
- Alexander Skarsgård (2012) – Rumor
- Eric Stonestreet (2012) – In 2012, actors Charlize and Eric Stonestreet dated each other for some time after they got introduced to each other by mutual friends.
- Sean Penn (2014-2015) – In early 2014, she started dating American actor, Sean Penn. The duo engaged in November 2014. In late June 2015, the couple split. Sean is roughly 15 years her senior.
- Gabriel Aubry (2017-Present) – After meeting at their own children’s Los Angeles based school, the Canadian model, Gabriel Aubry and Charlize secretly started dating each other in 2017. Their relationship became public in May 2017 when they were spotted at Santa Monica Pier enjoying each other’s company.
Note – She has two kids – son Jackson Theron (adopted in 2012) and daughter August Theron (adopted in 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Her ancestry includes French, German, Dutch.
She is naturally brunette (dark brown).
- Attractive Supermodel Looks
- Blonde hair with green eyes
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
John Galliano, Christian Dior, PETA, Democracy Now!, Link TV, Breil, Raymond Weil, L’Oreal, etc.
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like The Devil’s Advocate (1997), Mighty Joe Young (1998), and The Cider House Rules (1999), Monster (2003).
In 1995, she appeared in Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest, which is the third film in the Children of the Corn series. Her role was just as a young woman. It is uncredited.
First TV Show
American television sitcom created by Mitchell Hurwitz, Arrested Development for her role as Rita (Mr. F). She appeared in 5 episodes in 2005.
Fedele De Santis. Her trainer has trained her for more than two years. She says
“Charlize is an extremely serious, focused, professional, no BS. She is so tenacious — my nickname for her is thundercat.”
See her workout routine and diet plan.
Charlize Theron Favorite Things
- Favorite Accessory – Sunglasses
- Favorite Color – White, Black
Charlize Theron Facts
- Her mother tongue is Afrikaans but she also speaks fluent English (in an American accent).
- She became the citizen of United States of America in May 2007 and has also retained her South African citizenship.
- Charlize appeared in a music video “Crossfire” by Brandon Flowers in 2010.
- She worked as an actress as well as a producer in movies like Monster (2003), Sleepwalking (2008), Young Adult (2011).
- Charlize is the only child of her parents.
- She is an active member of PETA. She has also appeared in PETA’s anti-fur ad campaign.
- Charlize Theron is involved with Women’s Rights organizations.
- Theron’s father was lawfully killed in June 1991 by Theron’s mother as he attacked her and mother while drunk.
- She became fashion model when she was 14.
- She has studied acting with Ivana Chubbuck.
- Her official website is www.charlizeafricaoutreach.org.
- Join Charlize on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.