New York City, New York, U.S.
Liv Tyler went to Congressional Schools of Virginia, Breakwater School and Waynflete School in Portland, Maine.
Later, she attended York Preparatory in New York City for high school. Tyler graduated in 1995.
- Father – Steven Tyler (Lead singer of Aerosmith), Todd Rundgren (Stepfather) (raised Liv until 1988), Coyote Shivers (Stepfather) (Married to Bebe Buell from June 1992-1998), Jim Wallerstein (Stepfather) (Married Bebe Buell on August 25, 2002)
- Mother – Bebe Buell (Model, singer), Cyrinda Foxe (Stepmother) (Died – September 7, 2002)
- Siblings – Mia Tyler (born 1978) (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress, model, speaker), Chelsea Anna Tallarico (born 1989) (Younger Half-Sister), Taj Monroe Tallarico (born 1992) (Younger Half-Sister), Rex Rundgren (Half-brother), Randy Rundgren (Half-brother)
- Others – Dorothea Johnson (Maternal Grandmother)
As a model, she was signed to these modeling agencies –
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Liv Tyler dated –
- Joaquin Phoenix (1995-1998) – While filming Inventing the Abbotts (1997), the two actors met each other. They started dating each other in October 1995 and commenced living together, sharing a house. For three years, the duo was an item and separated in late 1998.
- Royston Langdon (1998-2008) – Spacehog (British glam rock band) lead singer, Royston started dating Tyler in August 1998. They engaged in 2001 and after nearly 5 years of dating, the couple married on March 25, 2003, in Barbados. On December 14, 2004, Tyler gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Milo William Langdon. It was officially announced on May 8, 2008, that the couple is separating amicably.
- Steve Bing (2008-2009) – Film director and producer Steve Bing was RUMORed to be dating Tyler in late 2008 when the two were seen during a romantic dinner date.
- David Hirsch (2009) – Liv was RUMORed to be dating actor David Hirsch in mid-2009.
- Charlie Hunnam (2010) – Tyler was RUMORed to have had a fling with English actor Charlie Hunnam, when they were seen leaving a film theater together in Hollywood in January 2010.
- Vito Schnabel (2010) – In 2010, New York-based independent curator and art dealer, Vito Schnabel had a fling with Tyler. They were seen during a party in the Spy Bar club at 2:30 am.
- Theo Wenner (2011-2012) – From 2011 to 2012, Liv Tyler and photographer Theo Wenner were an item.
- Benedict Cumberbatch (2012) – English actor, Benedict Cumberbatch sparked the RUMORs of his dating with Liv Tyler in and around August 2012, when the couple was seen enjoying a movie together.
- Orlando Bloom (2013) – In November 2013, Liv was rumored to be dating English actor, Orlando Bloom. In 2018, she cleared the air on Andy Cohen‘s Watch What Happens Live! that she has never ever dated Orlando. They are just good friends.
- Dave Gardner (2014-Present) – In June 2014, Liv started dating football agent, Dave Gardner. Supermodel Kate Moss introduced both of these, and it resulted in a good bonding ever since. In September 2014, she was pregnant with her second child. On February 11, 2015, Tyler and Dave welcomed their first child together, son Sailor Gene Gardner. Sailor is Tyler’s second child. The duo seems to have engaged as of September 26, 2015. Tyler gave birth to the couple’s second child, daughter Lula Rose on July 9, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of English, Italian, Polish and German descent, while she is of German descent on her mother’s side.
- Thin lips
- Pale skin
- Soft gentle voice
36-25-34 in or 91.5-63.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
Pantene Hair Care (2011), Givenchy
Best Known For
Playing Arwen Undómiel in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy in 2001, 2002, and 2003, as Betty Ross in The Incredible Hulk (2008).
Tyler appeared in 1994 mystery film Silent Fall for her role as Sylvie Warden.
She takes care of her diet. One is beautiful from the outside if he / she is eating right and happy from inside.
Her go-to-snack is generally potato chips, doritos, crudité (French appetizers consisting of raw vegetables).
Liv never misses a single day to have homemade green juice with apple, ginger, cucumber, celery, parsley, and fennel.
She has worked with personal trainer David Kirsch in the past. Now, Liv has two trainers. One is an expert dancer and they together do sit-ups, push-ups, tap dance, etc. The other is a ballerina (female ballet dancer) Mary Helen Bowers, with whom Tyler does moves like ballet lifts, pliés and others. She is really liking the efforts of these two together. Tyler’s legs have turned much stronger than before. She started feeling the difference within a week.
Liv Tyler Favorite Things
- Spa – Beverly Hot Springs in California
Source – Vogue
Liv Tyler Facts
- Liv was born in New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Liv Tyler was named so by her mother due to a Norwegian actress Liv Ullmann. Ullmann was seen on the TV Guide’s cover on March 5, 1977 issue.
- At 14, Liv got her first modeling job.
- Tyler has a pet dog named Neal.
- Liv is the granddaughter of etiquette books author, Dorothea Johnson.
- She changed her name from Liv Rundgren to Liv Tyler in 1991 (at the age of 14) after knowing the name of her biological father.
- She is dyslexic.
- She always carries in purse with her – baby lipstick brush, Givenchy lipstick, powder, and a little concealer.
- Tyler’s first name “Liv” means “life” in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish language.
- She was earlier a vegetarian.
- Liv is close friends with Kate Hudson, Chloë Sevigny and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Join Liv on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.