Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Bloom
He is named after Orlando Gibbons, who is a 16th-century composer.
Canterbury, Kent, England
Orlando attended The King’s School Canterbury and St Edmund’s School in Canterbury.
He also studied drama, photography, and sculpture from Fine Arts College, Hampstead for two years.
Later, he studied acting at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
On July 13, 2010, Bloom was honored with an Honorary Degree from the University of Kent at Canterbury Cathedral.
- Father – Colin Stone (Principal of Concorde International Language School)
- Mother – Sonia Constance Josephine (née Copeland) (born – Kolkata, India)
- Siblings – Samantha Bloom (Older Sister) (born – 1975)
- Others – Sebastian Copeland (Photographer), Betty Constance Josephine (Maternal Grandmother), Francis John Copeland (Maternal Grandfather) (Surgeon), Harry Saul Bloom (Stepfather) (Jewish South African-born anti-Apartheid novelist)
As an actor, Bloom is signed to Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Orlando Bloom dated –
- Sienna Miller (2001) – English actress Sienna Miller dated Orlando in the first half of 2001 from January until May 2001.
- Kate Bosworth (2002-2006) – After separating from Ian Somerhalder, Bosworth started dating Orlando Bloom and dated for nearly four years ON-and OFF-again until September 2006. They started dating when they first met in 2002 during the filming of the Gap TV commercial.
- Helena Christensen (2003) – Nearing August-September 2003, Danish model Helena and Orlando were RUMORed to be dating.
- Vanessa Lachey (2005) – American video jockey and actress Vanessa Lachey interviewed Orlando on TRL and they went on a date just hours after the end of the interview in 2005. They must have gone on multiple dates from April to August 2005.
- Penélope Cruz (2006) – From June 2006 until October 7, 2006, Spanish actress Cruz was RUMORed to be dating Bloom.
- Naomie Harris (2007) – After meeting on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean, the English actors started dating. They were romantically linked from June to August 2007.
- Miranda Kerr (2007-2013) – This time Orlando started dating Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr in November 2007. They enjoyed their company a lot and after two and a half years of dating engaged on June 21, 2010. Just after a year, the couple married on July 22, 2010. They have 1 child from this relationship. She gave birth to a son on January 6, 2011, in Los Angeles named Flynn Christopher Blanchard Copeland Bloom, weighing 9 lbs 12 oz. The name Christopher comes from her ex-boyfriend’s name – Christopher Middlebrook. The couple ended their relationship in August 2013.
- Liv Tyler (2013) – In November 2013, Orlando was RUMORed to be dating his close friend and American actress, Liv Tyler. However, Liv herself denied the dating rumors in 2018 during her appearance on Andy Cohen‘s Watch What Happens Live!
- Carolina Guerra (2013) – RUMOR
- Nora Arnezeder (2014) – RUMOR
- Selena Gomez (2014) – RUMOR
- Laura Paine (2014) – RUMOR
- Nina Dobrev (2014; 2017) – In 2014, actors Orlando and Nina Dobrev were RUMORed to be dating each other. Later, in April 2017, the reports of them dating together emerged again.
- Erica Baxter (2014) – RUMOR
- Luisa Moraes (2015) – In 2015, Orlando was seen kissing with Brazilian actress Luisa Moraes. They were on a sushi date in June 2015.
- Katy Perry (2016-2017, 2018-Present) – In January 2016, Orlando commenced dating American singer, Katy Perry. They separated in February 2017 as Katy wanted to settle down and have kids with Orlando but Orlando didn’t. In early 2018, they reconciled and started dating again. The couple’s first red carpet appearance happened in September 2018 in Monaco after getting back together for the second time. He proposed Katy on the Valentine’s day of 2019 and got engaged to her the very next day. The couple is busy prepping for their wedding.
- Ashley Haas (2017) – In April 2017, he had a fling with American model Ashley Haas.
- Viviana Ross (2017) – In May 2017, he hooked up with Chiltern Firehouse’s waitress (and aspiring actress) Viviana Ross in the hotel room after her shift ended. She was later fired from her job after the hotel manager found her in the bed n*de after Orlando had left.
Race / Ethnicity
“Nine” tattoo from “Lord of the Rings” on his wrist, and another tattoo – sun on his torso.
His shoe size is speculated to be 9 (US).
Hugo Boss, Jack & Jones, Uniqlo.
He appeared in several commercials like GAP clothing commercial with Kate Beckinsale in 2002, Boss Orange fragrance UK in 2011, Puma, Droid, Heineken, and many others.
He is also the Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF. He is connected to this organization since 2007 and was made the Goodwill Ambassador on October 12, 2009.
Best Known For
Playing Legolas in The Lord of the Rings trilogy in 2001, 2002, and 2003, as Duke of Buckingham in the 2011 film The Three Musketeers, as Will Turner in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
Orlando appeared in the 1997 British biographical film Wilde for his role as Rentboy.
First TV Show
His first television role came in 1994 in BBC One’s medical drama television series Casualty (stylized as CASUAL+Y). He played the role as extra / Noel Harrison / patient in three episodes from 1994 to 1996.
To play Legolas in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, he did a lot of training, playing with knives, canoeing, archery and horseback riding.
Orlando Bloom Favorite Things
- Food – Steaks in South Africa, seafood in Sydney, lamb in New Zealand
- Holiday Destination – Caribbean Islands, Sydney, and any other silent place where Orlando can relax and enjoy the nature
Source – Hello Magazine
Orlando Bloom Facts
- His mother’s family has relocated to various places such as Australia, Tasmania, India, and Japan.
- Orlando’s mom never married his biological father Colin Stone. Instead, she married a novelist Harry Saul Bloom.
- Orlando uses the surname of his stepfather, Harry Saul Bloom.
- He was told about his biological father, once he turned thirteen.
- He is mildly dyslexic.
- To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Land Rover, he also took part in the test drive held in Moscow on November 15, 2008.
- On July 13, 2009, his home at Hollywood Hills was robbed by four teenagers. They stole almost half a million worth of possessions, which were later recovered.
- In 2004, he was among the “Top Hottest Bachelors” list by People magazine.
- Orlando can also speak French fluently.
- He is a supporter of the English football team Manchester United.
- He just cannot travel without a good book.
- While filming for the first “The Lord of the Rings” film in 2001, he broke his rib by falling from his horse.
- Viggo Mortensen, Lord of the Rings co-star has influenced his career the most.
- He used to do smoking, but quit in 2002. He instead started biting his nails.
- Catch Orlando on Facebook and Instagram.