Keneti James Fitzgerald Apa
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
KJ Apa went to high school at King’s College in Auckland. He decided against going to college in favor of focusing on acting career.
- Father – Keneti Apa (Chief of the village in Samoa)
- Mother – Tessa Apa
- Siblings – Ari Apa (Older Sister), Timēna Apa (Older Sister)
KJ Apa is represented by
- Luber Roklin Entertainment
- Red 11 Model Management – New Zealand
Classic rock, instrumental rock, fusion rock
Bass and electric guitar, vocals, piano, drums
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
KJ Apa has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Samoan origin (on father’s side) and has Scottish and English ancestry (on mother’s side).
His natural hair color is ‘Dark Brown’, but for the role of Archie Andrews in Riverdale, he had to dye his hair ‘Red.’
- Thick eyebrows
- Athletic and ripped body
11 (US) or 45 (EU) or 10.5 (UK)
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Kane Jenkins in the New Zealand soap opera, Shortland Street.
- Being cast in the role of famous comic character Archie Andrews in the teen drama series, Riverdale.
In 2012, he released his debut instrumental album The Third Room.
In 2017, KJ Apa first appeared in the role of teen Ethan in comedy-drama A Dog’s Purpose.
First TV Show
From 2013 to 2015, he was first seen in the role of Kane Jenkins in the soap opera Shortland Street.
KJ regularly hits the gym to further tone up his ripped physique. In fact, he tries to hit the gym twice every day. He lays special emphasis on intense cardio and core exercises to polish up his washboard abs. For core work, he loves to perform bear crawls and burpees in addition to regular abs exercises.
He performs bodyweight exercises such as pushups and pullups in addition to the regular weighted exercises. Plus, he makes sure that he is eating right and drinking lots of water.
KJ Apa Favorite Things
- Grooming product – Kevin Murphy products
- Cologne – Sean Jean or a Versace fragrance
- Fashion Brands – Adidas, Working Style, AS Colour
Source – Viva
KJ Apa Facts
- To commemorate his father becoming the village chief, he got the tattoo on his right shoulder featuring designs representing his paternal family.
- To bag the much-coveted role of Archie for the TV series, he had to participate in a global search program that spanned across four months.
- His mother convinced him to sign up for the modeling agency.
- While growing up, he wasn’t a massive fan of Archie comics and he believes it is a good thing because he would have only focused on the script.
- To get the right shade of color for the Archie character, he had to spend ten hours in the gym.
- While growing up, he used to play his guitar at the street corners near his home in Auckland.
- He released his solo music album at the age of 14.
- He can play the piano by ear.
- In October 2017, KJ had a car accident after he fell asleep while driving back to the hotel after a 16-hour workday.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.