|KJ Apa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
KJ Apa is a New Zealand actor, singer, and musician who has been cast in many shows and movies in roles like Kane Jenkins in Shortland Street, Archie Andrews in Riverdale, Jeremy Camp in I Still Believe, Jack in The Cul de Sac, Chris in The Hate U Give, Niko in Dead Reckoning, Griffin Hourigan in The Last Summer, and Nico in Songbird.
Keneti James Fitzgerald Apa
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
KJ Apa went to high school at King’s College in Auckland. He decided against going to college in favor of focusing on an acting career.
Actor, Singer, Musician
- Father – Keneti Apa (Chief of the village in Samoa)
- Mother – Tessa Apa
- Siblings – Ari Apa (Older Sister), Timēna Apa (Older Sister)
- Others – Utumakaiona Tupa’i Se/Seapelima Apa (Paternal Grandfather), Jenny/Janet Fitzgerald (Paternal Grandmother), John Russell Callander (Maternal Grandfather) (Judge), Sandra Paulina (Maternal Grandmother), Michael Jones (Uncle) (Former Rugby Union Player and Coach)
KJ Apa has been represented by –
- Luber Roklin Entertainment
- Red11 Management, Talent Management Company, Auckland, New Zealand
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Classic rock, instrumental rock, fusion rock
Bass and electric guitar, vocals, piano, drums
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
KJ Apa has dated –
- Corinne Isherwood (2017-2018)
- Britt Robertson (2019) – It was RUMORed in 2019 that he had a fling with American actress Britt Robertson.
- Clara Berry (2020-Present) – In August 2020, KJ was first linked with the French model, Clara Berry. Later, on December 7, 2020, KJ wished Clara a Happy Birthday via Instagram Stories.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Samoan origin on his father’s side and has Scottish and English ancestry on his mother’s side.
His natural hair color is ‘Dark Brown’ but for the role of Archie Andrews in Riverdale, he had to dye his hair ‘Red.’
- Thick eyebrows
- Athletic and ripped body
11 (US) or 45 (EU) or 10.5 (UK)
He has expressed on social media that “I need God [every day].”
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Kane Jenkins in the New Zealand soap opera, Shortland Street
- Being cast in the role of famous comic character Archie Andrews in the teen drama series, Riverdale. For this role, he won the 2017 Saturn Award for “Breakthrough Performance” and was also nominated for the 2017 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Breakout TV Star”, People’s Choice Awards for “Drama TV Star of 2018” and “Male TV Star of 2019”, and Saturn Award for “Best Performance by a Younger Actor in a Television Series” in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
In 2012, he released his debut instrumental album The Third Room.
In 2017, KJ Apa first appeared in the role of teen Ethan in the comedy-drama A Dog’s Purpose.
First TV Show
From 2013 to 2015, he was first seen in the role of Kane Jenkins in the soap opera Shortland Street.
KJ regularly hits the gym to further tone up his ripped physique. In fact, he tries to hit the gym twice every day. He lays special emphasis on intense cardio and core exercises to polish up his washboard abs. For core work, he loves to perform bear crawls and burpees in addition to regular abs exercises.
He performs bodyweight exercises such as pushups and pullups in addition to the regular weighted exercises. Plus, he makes sure that he is eating right and drinking lots of water.
KJ Apa Favorite Things
- Grooming product – Kevin Murphy products
- Cologne – Sean Jean or a Versace fragrance
- Fashion Brands – Adidas, Working Style, AS Colour
Source – Viva
KJ Apa Facts
- To commemorate his father becoming the village chief, he got the tattoo on his right shoulder featuring designs representing his paternal family.
- To bag the much-coveted role of Archie for the TV series, he had to participate in a global search program that spanned four months.
- His mother convinced him to sign up for the modeling agency.
- While growing up, he wasn’t a massive fan of Archie comics and he believes it is a good thing because he would have only focused on the script.
- To get the right shade of color for the Archie character, he had to spend ten hours in the gym.
- While growing up, he used to play his guitar at the street corners near his home in Auckland.
- He released his solo music album at the age of 14.
- He can play the piano by ear.
- In October 2017, KJ had a car accident after he fell asleep while driving back to the hotel after a 16-hour workday.
- He portrayed the character of American contemporary Christian music singer-songwriter Jeremy Camp in the 2020 American Christian romantic drama film, I Still Believe, in which he co-starred alongside Britt Robertson, Melissa Roxburgh, Nathan Parsons, Shania Twain, and Gary Sinise.
- In 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, KJ Apa used to follow a protocol before doing a kissing scene on the set of Riverdale which was to rinse the mouth for literally 60 seconds with Listerine.
- In July 2020, he had joined the video-sharing platform, TikTok.
- In March 2021, KJ Apa in partnership with Hart Denton released a new song titled Atmosphere.