|Gary Sinise Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1955|
Gary Sinise is a successful actor, director, producer, musician, and humanitarian. He is known for his roles in Of Mice and Men, A Midnight Clear, Jack The Bear, The Stand, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, Ransom, Bruno, Mission to Mars, Reindeer Games, Impostor, A Gentleman’s Game, The Human Stain, The Forgotten, The Big Bounce, Open Season, Crime Story, CSI: NY, and Criminal Minds: Beyond Border. He has more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, over 900k followers on Twitter, and more than 250k followers on Instagram.
Gary Alan Sinise
Blue Island, Illinois, United States
Calabasas, Los Angeles, California, United States
Gary Sinise studied at Glenbard West High School in Glen Ellyn, Illinois and Highland Park High School in Highland Park, Illinois. Then, he attended Illinois State University.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer, Musician, Humanitarian
- Father – Robert L. Sinise (Film Editor)
- Mother – Mylles Sinise
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Donato /Daniel Louis Sinise (Paternal Grandfather), Vito Sinise /Sinisi (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Anna Marie /Maria Fusco (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Vesta Madge Lambertson (Paternal Grandmother), Edwin Monroe Lambertson (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Minnie Ellen Carver (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Leslie Walter Alsip (Maternal Grandfather), Walter Alsip (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Frieda Carolina Volkman (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Mildred Dorothy Blomberg (Maternal Grandmother), Elmer Percival /Percy Blomberg (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Georgie Henrietta Aregood /Arcgood /Argood (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Gary Sinise is managed by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gary Sinise has dated –
- Moira Harris (1975-Present) – In 1975, Gary started dating actress Moira Harris. After being in a relationship for 6 years, the pair tied the knot in 1981. They are blessed with 3 children, daughter Sophie Sinise (born 1988), son McCanna Anthony Sinise (born 1990), and daughter Ella Sinise (born 1992).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian, German, Swedish, English, Scots-Irish /Northern Irish, Irish, and French ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- High forehead
- Toned figure
- Deep raspy voice
Gary Sinise has done endorsement work for brands like Baume & Mercier.
He has also done voiceovers for TV commercials for –
- The U.S. Army Officers
- Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Day
- The U.S. Army Reserves
Best Known For
- His numerous versatile films and TV series including Of Mice and Men (1992) as George Milton, Forrest Gump (1994) as Lieutenant Dan Taylor, Apollo 13 (1995) as Ken Mattingly, Ransom (1996) as Detective Jimmy Shaker, CSI: NY (2004–2013) as Detective Mac Taylor, and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (2016-2017) as Agent Jack Garrett
As a Singer
He has been a part of various cover songs with his band, Lt. Dan Band, at USO shows to raise money for disabled veterans. The band, named after his character, Lt. Dan Taylor, in Forrest Gump consists of several singers, guitarists, drummers, and keyboardists.
In 1978, he made his theatrical film debut as an extra in the comedy-drama film, A Wedding. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 1992, he made his formal theatrical film debut in the war drama film, A Midnight Clear, as Vance ‘Mother’ Wilkins.
In 2006, he lent his voice to the character of Shaw in the animated adventure comedy film, Open Season.
First TV Show
In 1980, he made his first TV show appearance in the romantic drama series, Knots Landing, as Lee Maddox.
In 1995, he made his debut as a voice actor in the comedy series, Frasier, as Sid.
Gary Sinise Favorite Things
- Books – John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men and The Grapes of Wrath, and Laura Hillenbrand’s Unbroken
Source – PMAKid.com
Gary Sinise Facts
- He grew up in Highland Park, a northern suburb of Chicago.
- He started playing guitar when he was in the 4th grade.
- In high school, Gary was a member of a rock band called Half Day Road.
- Though Gary struggled academically, he loved acting during high school and participated in plays.
- His first play was a school production of the play ‘West Side Story‘. He was cast as a gang member.
- After high school, Gary founded the Steppenwolf Theatre Company along with his friends Terry Kinney and Jeff Perry in 1974.
- He is a loyal fan of the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago Bears.
- He also loves the rock band, Kansas.
- In 2003, Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts awarded him with an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters.
- On December 10, 2008, he received the U.S. Presidential Citizens Medal for his exemplary service for the nation.
- He and his wife, Moira Sinise, have acted together in films like Crime Story (1986), Miles from Home (1988), and Of Mice and Men (1992).
- In 1997, as Gary received an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie” for portraying the character of George Wallace, the real George Wallace passed away the same night.
- He is known for playing cops in films and TV series.
- Gary (born on March 17, 1955) shares the same birth date, March 17 (of 1936), with the original Apollo 13 pilot, Ken Mattingly, whom he portrayed in the film, Apollo 13 (1995).
- In 2004, he founded Operation Iraqi Children with author Laura Hillenbrand.
- While most of the main cast members of the TV series, CSI: NY (2004-2013), were from New York, Gary, Melina Kanakaredes, and Anna Belknap were the only exceptions. However, all 3 of them had also lived in New York in the past.
- He has only used the credit “Gary A. Sinise” against the 2 episodes of Crime Story (1987) that he directed.
- He has played the character of Detective Mac Taylor three different times in series including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (in 2013), CSI: Miami (in 2004 & 2005), and CSI: NY (2004-2013).
- As a band member of the Lt. Dan Band, Gary has performed in various countries including in the United States, Belgium, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
- He is a Republican. However, during the 2016 Presidential Election, he refused to vote or show support for Republican candidate Donald Trump.
- He has acted alongside Tom Hanks in films including Forrest Gump (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), and The Green Mile (1999).
- With Ed Harris, he has appeared in films including The Stand (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), and The Human Stain (2003).
- On April 17, 2017, he was awarded the star of Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- As a director, he has contributed in the making of Of Mice and Men (1992), Miles from Home (1988), an episode in China Beach (1991), and 2 episodes of Thirtysomething (1989), and Crime Story (1987).
- As a producer, he has contributed in the making of Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (in 2016-2017), CSI: NY (in 2005-2013), Impostor (2001), and Of Mice and Men (1992).
- In 2011, he founded the charity organization Gary Sinise Foundation to support military defenders, veterans, first responders, and their family members.
- Visit his official website @ garysinisefoundation.org.
- Follow Gary Sinise on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Fred Baker, Office of the Secretary of Defense Public Affairs / U.S. Military / Public Domain